This was unironically the series of the year

This was unironically the series of the year.

Everything else was shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GFpTzWQKTno
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/thread

Too scatterbrained for me, but it's certainly not bad.

Legion without legion powers
without a lot of characters from Legion mind

AHAHAHAHAJUSTAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAJUSTAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHA

Intelligent show only for intelligent viewers.

It WAS my best of the year, then I watched 13 Reasons Why.

I can't decide which one I liked better. I think it's 13RW desu

>what is The Young Pope

the series of 2016

So far i've seen at least 3 amazing shows aired this year and this doesn't belong on them

First 6 episodes were fucking horrible. No actual story. Last 2 episodes were amazing.

then watch it already

I completely agree. What a marvshillous production.

Riverdale is the best, legion fucking sucks

Truly the art nouveau of our time.
Simply incredible.

lol I see it the other way around. Last two were kinda meh. The whole 'were these glasses so the zombies wont get you' was shit. Otherwise I agree with OP.

But it's the exact opposite though...

Was dubious, but really enjoyed it. The style, set design, backing tracks and costumes were all outstanding.

That based 60s aethetic.

Be...very...careful...now
mmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmm
nootka

It was Homage to They Live

muh meme actor

Legion is garbage

My opinion is absolute

/thread

I liked the sound cues in Legion but then I watched Fargo Season 2 and it had the same brass used for Shadow King for suspense. It worked much better in Legion.
[TENSE ELECTRONIC MUSIC]

I've seen a lot of Marvel stuff and it all sucks ass in terms of story telling and compelling characters. I know they advertise a lot on reddit so why not Sup Forums as well?
On the off chance you aren't being paid per comment, Can you tell me why this show is any good?

Yes, but it's entertaining garbage with 2 qts. It also has some wooaaah trippy dude moments that make it stand out from all the other Zillion shows on tv right now.

Compared to Iron Fist it's a kino/10

The OA was ok, and Travelers was pretty good.

really? i saw the first episode of 13 Reasons Why and thought it was a trite, clichéd borefest. teens speaking like adults (horrible dialogue), a gamut of tropes (girl interested in jock, bullying jock, kid creeping on cheerleaders, bike chase, latino's defining characteristic is his car, etc) and bland, uninteresting characters.

haven't seen Legion so i can't comment on that. however, the best show i've seen this year has been the 4th season of Rectify. superb conclusion to the series.

Keep up, they're agreeing sarcastically with someone who said 'marvshillous'

But I liked it, why not decide for yourself if it's good?

This is how you spot plebs

what were the three?

post cute aubrey webms

I was going to ask this but I've been here long enough to know it's probably some reddit tier shit.

>YA garbage

Sup Forums please I know you have a manchild chubby for shit like Star Wars and capeshit... but YA garbage for girls is your TOP show? just end yourself

There are none. She's one of those girls who you think is pretty hot, but it turns out you had a booger in your eye and she's not.

it's not december yet

>Evil Aubrey Plaza will never step on your crotch
>Evil Aubrey Plaza will never possessively make out with you
>Evil Aubrey Plaza will never lick your face
>Evil Aubrey Plaza will never put her feet on the dashboard of your car

WHY EVEN LIVE WHEN LIVING IS DEATH

go fuck yourself with a kaktus

Call me a pleb but I can't stand films/shows with constant 'It was all a dream' shit

thought that was chris stuckmann in the thumbnail

We're just a few months into the year user...

w-what about fargo and twin peaks

What's the story behind this bandwagon, did she say something progressive or stupid on twitter or something?

I only kept watching because SYD A CUTE. CUTE!

double cheeseburger>big mac

>i saw the first episode of 13 Reasons..
You have to watch 3 before you'll feel anything for the characters. I agree it's filled with clichés and the writing/acting isn't always the best. The characters are desu dumb af.

That being said.. I shed a tear more than once during the 13 episodes. There are some genuinely sad moments.

If you can get past the first few eps you'll probably like it. It's infuriating at times, but the positives make up for it imo.

Syd's butt is CUTE

okay, thanks for the honest review. i may continue with it. hell, i'm one of the few who dug The Get Down, so i can deal with silly shit. but the first episode really is YA level stuff. if the second continues on that level, i may just drop it. just not for me.

It wasn't a dream though?

>The OA was ok
The OA was ok for a costco ad.
FTFY

>This was unironically the series of the year.
>Everything else was shit.
>When the Young Pope exists.
Kill yourself my man. The Young Pope is the best show in years.

NAME OF SHOW?

>2017
>2016
>same year

i'm on ep 2, but i think my comic knowledge ruined the series for me. first ime i saw the Devil With Yellow Eyes, i was like, "oh okay, so it's the Shadow King. Cool?"

did introduce me to this stones song i didn't know though

youtube.com/watch?v=GFpTzWQKTno

what he said.

It's literally in the filename

>i'm sexy and i know it starts playing

Jesus Christ how could anyone like that show?

If you're a mature person with either a Daughter or a Sister you'll definitely get the feels.

Leftovers hasnt started yet m80

fargo is literally its twin show, since its made by the same guy

twin peaks was 50% soap opera

>Lindelof

the answers are coming!

I always assume that TYP is out of the competition because it set the top for at least a decade into the past and future.

This and The Magicians are my shit. Should I pick up The Expanse too?

yes. builds somewhat slowly in season 1 and climaxes in the first third of season2

The first 3 episodes of your LOLSORANDOM Donnie Darko ripoff were shit. It really only got good after Clement showed up.

Plaza > Clement > Irwin > Keller > Stevens >>>>> everyone else

Oh please. As if it isn't every 14-year-old edgelord's favorite show.

Legion is for edgy teens, not intelligent viewers.

But episode 6 was the best one. Aubrey Plaza makes the show watchable.

it was all in his head, just like a dream. how about that?

>i'm on ep 2, but i think my comic knowledge ruined the series for me.

I'm guessing your "comic knowledge" has ruined lots of things in your life for you.

You might as well have posted Frank the Bunny from Donnie Darko.

I can say, without a doubt, that if someone thinks Legion is the "series of the year", that Donnie Darko is their "GOAT #1 movie of all time that changed cinema forever."

not really, only my sex life and my social life.

so what happens? the shadow king's body was destroyed in the battle with charles xavier, his mind survived, he implanted himself as a parasite into David's brain, same old shit?

bro, you're cool and your taste is sophisticated, we fucking get it, lay off

Brah, you're an edgy teenager too young for this board. Fuck off.

Well they've certainly gotten to the parasite and Shadow King part. But they haven't mentioned Charles Xavier once. Except for a chalk drawing, that I think had a guy in a wheelchair.

However, Patrick Stewart sounds open to appearing on s2.

LET'S LOSTIFY MAD MEN AND ONE FLEW OVER THE KEKOO'S NEST BUT GET THIS HE HAS A BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER STYLE CREW AND THERE'S ALSO POSSESSION AND DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE PRISONER?

>But they haven't mentioned Charles Xavier once.

Quite frankly, who cares? The whole thing started to stumble with the whole chalkboard explanation of the complicated endlessly-retconned world of a thousand stories stepping on each other, as cool as the sequence itself actually was.

still, everyone knows by now in would think.

i don't wanna sound dismissive, i do like the show a lot.

does david ever create a mind.holodeck so he can fuck the body swapping girl?

I'll withhold that kind of judgement until The Americans wraps up for the year.
But yes, it was great.

Well Noah Hawley had an idea of a show he wanted to make, basically Looper meets Twin Peaks with some mod aesthetic, and they finally figured they could use Legion from the comics to tell their own story.

Thats not Taboo

>does david ever create a mind.holodeck so he can fuck the body swapping girl?

I seem to remember something like that, yes. I don't remember if there was sex, but definitely touching.

nothing wrong with either of them. Are you some gen-z kid who is angry bc you're too young for all the good movies?

It was SotY for me yeah. It got better every episode.

well, once you go telepath, you never go back.

seriously, think of what a telepath could do to a girl. all them pleasure centers...

>This was unironically the series of the year.

Only for trannies.

Legion is full of Pro-Tranny propaganda. Some Indian girl lives inside an old guy. Some chick can swap minds with other people. Some "schizo" (isn't it really multiple personality disorder?) has all kinds of other body thetans latched onto him.

It's basically an origin story for Scientology.

In season 2 I think it's safe to say that Clement becomes L. Ron Hubbard.

Yes, they end up touching, kissing and eventually fucking in the astral plane.

How old are you that you think there is nothing wrong with Donnie Darko? 25 tops.

People who hate Donnie Darko are "too young"? You have it backwards you fucking newfag.

I can't believe you actually wrote that, read it back, and then pressed the post button.

And I can't believe you're an underage faggot who isn't old enough to post here.

Also, it's common for autists to lack a sense of humor. Maybe Pokemon is more your speed?

>read it back
>implying

why do i like this scene so much?? i've watched it 10 times on the youtubes.

>Some Indian girl lives inside an old guy

that could've easily translated as pro-paedopile propaganda as well

why you hate it so much? it's a pretty good mindfuck story, even if you think it's edgy

>it's a pretty good mindfuck story

It isn't. Even Southland Tales is better, and Southland Tales is still pretty shitty.

>even if you think it's edgy

Donnie Darko is the definition of edgy. I guess every kid has to learn that some time.

kek

Last episode felt very weak to me. Especially post credit scene.

>ONE FLEW OVER THE KEKOO'S NEST

HUH LOOKS LIKE HIROSHIMA HAS WORDFILTERED KEKOO THAT'S WEIRD

MY KEKOO CLOCK GOES KEKOO KEKOO KEKOO

>Twin Peaks
>Star Trek D

If only one succeeds, I'll be happy

I'm redundantly going to tell you something you have heard many times in your life:you are obnoxious and no one wants you here

every once in a while, someone is so obnoxious i just feel the urge to clarify it for them