Rate your cuntry’s Winter Olympics coverage?

Rate your cuntry’s Winter Olympics coverage?

2/10

If I was actually Canadian I'd say 9/10 but I'm burger and NBC is a solid 1.5/10.

1. No one watches TV anymore
2. No one watches the Winter Olympics

kys my friend

>multiple 1080p streams for free
>2/10
wtf

channel 7- feeling a light 4th, strong 5th out of 6.

0/10 the press doesn't give a crap and (((Eurosport))) has all broadcasting rights.

Channel 7 TV and main feed has been shit desu, if you go to olympicson7 or the olympics on 7 app you get to pick what sport you want and those feed have been really good.

Presenters are shit, but no ads and streams of everything are very good things. Also we can always switch to eurosport to have alternative commentators.

its so bad I've been using a VPN to watch CBC

it's actually pretty good you sookie la la

this, OP is retarded.
it's not even difficult to skip the ads, just refresh.

-1/10

Eurosport has the has rights.

They only broadcast medal ceremonies and biathlon 24/7

I have to use eurosport player for snowboarding and freeski. No comentary in spanish.

No one cares winter sport in Spain

No one REALLY cares winter sport in Spain.

get uBlock la

then there's virtually no ads whatsover, other than the ones they play between events in the actual stream itself

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

theyre not in the stream, you refresh to skip them.

8/10, we can get all the replays, almost no ads, we get a 2-hour recap at prime time and without ads (highlights without spoilers), but the commentors aren't all good and the live broadcast stops too often good actions just to see a Marseillaise (our anthem). I'm almost glad >we have won only one gold.

I guess our national television has something to prove.

even the ones that come up between, for instance, competitors in some events?

-10/10

Fuck You Globo

the shitty main stream has stitched in ads but the other ones are the live uninterrupted streams they remix for their main broadcasts.
i assume actually threading the ads into them was too slow or complex so they instead roll them by switching over to an ad roll. during "breaks" (too often they start them up when the announcer is explaining stuff during the break because the live announcers have no concept that ads are being played on the stream)
but yeah just refresh and you'll be back.

just watch the m3u8 links

It's a shame that we lack proper training in winter sports although we have got decent ski resorts like Baqueira and Sierra Nevada. Fucking BELGIUM has a better track record at the winter Olympics than us. A country which doesn't have mountains.

cheers la you're right
do I miss out on events if I just watch the specific streams, or does each individual stream have every sport?

If a sport is live there should be a live stream for it on olympicson7 just look at the sidebar and take your pick, it's luge or curling at the moment.

2/10 if im lucky

Colour me surprised, "frenchman" doesn't like his anthem

2/10

PROS:
- Basil Zempilas
- Event commentary has been OK, though jingoistic (but expect that anyway)

CONS:
- Hamish "Rompingwins" McLachlan who is about as charming as cancer
- Poor variety of sports shown
- Too many replayed events instead of live coverage
- Olympics gets thrown onto SD channels sometimes because of reality tv shit
- ONLY one channel dedicated to the Olympics at a time

7/10

For 1 euro you can watch any sport as well as vods. No HD though is fucking cancer.

Channel 7 is showing women's luge.

0/10

It’s just as good as men’s luge and they deserve the same pay

Why aren't they showing other stuff on 7mate and two? The did it for the aus open

>as good as men's luge

Men's luge is also shit.

Because they are bunch of knobjockeys and want you to download their shitty app.

the website is fine

haven't touched the app or the tv broadcast

7.5/10

Because people actually watch the tennis.

BBC 9/10

Considering that basically none of these sports have any following in this country and we are virtually in contention for no medals in anything but Skeleton (which we are always are for some reason) the coverage is pretty outstanding. BBC One is almost entirely dedicated to it when it's on and the coverage cedes to BBC Two when necessary. Also can stream other events than the ones on TV on the website. Think the lack of competitiveness we have in the Winter Olympics also means decently impartial coverage for the most part, instead of just hopping from one event to another we have a medal hope in with out commentators cheerleading as is the case with the Summer Olympics

our state broadcasting company actually has their shit together and streams every event individually with incredibly naive ads that get slaughtered by adblock 10/10 I'm actually proud

Also England is better than us in snowboarding and freeski.

The FUCKING England.

>name a english mountain

I have to give it a 9/10 because Video ad loading keeps fucking up my recordings, other than that I don't remember us ever getting better free coverage.

cbc is trash and their blatant tv commercials interrupting the opening was unforgivable so 0/10

>RAI
5/10
too focused on the races where italians are in contention, only one dedicated channel and the website has literally zero extra content since Eurosport has the streaming rights

the commentary is pretty decent though, they manage to dumb it down enough for me to understand sports i'm foreign to without sounding ignorant

>PROS:
>Basil Zempilas

t. Basil Zempilas

America/10

Fucking NBC...

it's because we correctly determine that vacation hobbies are not sports

3/10 Site navigation
1/10 Commercials
8/10 Streaming (solid with no buffering ruined only by the timing on some of the breaks)
7/10 Commentating(They all seem old but a couple of them are funny and they are mostly non offensive)
All and all I don't know if its just low expectations but its basically comparable to the cbc coverage of sochi so ehh.

-10/10

5/10
they make an effort, cut off events to go back to the studio to clare fucking balding though
prefer eurosport's coverage, also they show that mikaela shiffrin visa advert every break so I won't complain

Marseillaise is one of the goat national anthems desu

8/10
No ads
Skip back and watch what happened in full at 4am
Too much cutting from sport to sport

no winter olympics coverage/10

How can one company fail on both television and online coverage?

No one at NBC knows how to convert time tables

NBC - 1/10
NBCSP - 3/10
OLY (olympic news) - 4/10 for updates and clips

Literally cancer. I am trying so hard to find proper streams of just the event. I don't need to hear NBC's bullshit.

2/10
Eurosport
They air reruns instead of live events

I use CBC though

English mountain: Scafell Pike.

BBC rating: 4/10; it's mostly repeats when I watch and they repeat the same things over and over again so I wind up watching fucking slopestyle on a loop. There must be more events than the ones we are seeing. I am also already sick of Amy Williams, even though she's probably a nice person. They wheel her out as a pundit for every single sport just because she won a medal eight years ago.

This user makes a lot of good points, apart from being impressed, which he shouldn't be:

8/10 streams are perfect but it would be really nice if they had live updates of leaderboards on the same page

8/10 for canadian channels + 1/10 for the nbc we leafs get. If they replay men's hockey in primetime it'll be 10/10.

Side note I remember watching the 2016 volleyball final on nbc and it was like 50% commercials even when they were playing