Whats the biggest wasted potential in cinematic history? What went wrong?

Whats the biggest wasted potential in cinematic history? What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SLhEoOQhsVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

robert redford sticking to novels that can't be turned into films

mel gibson being blacklisted

richard kelly

monte hellman

Actresses with big tits not getting more roles

oy vey no one make speak ill of gods chosen

It's 2017. Anti-Semitism has no place in a tolerant and inclusive society.

t. feinberg

not until they stop cutting their children's dicks

Hes right tho

How is that wasted potential? It's a movie called "drive" about a guy who "drives" around LA. Were you expecting Godfather?

Drive is like the exact opposite of wasted potential
Refn took a generic gangster revenge flick in LA about some getaway driver and somehow delivered an amazing film that kick-started the 80s revival movement

I didnt mean to imply Drive was wasted potential,I just thought it would be a cool OP pic srry

I remember the ads making it look like Fast and Furious with a pretty boy band guy lead. I thought it'd be shit.

I watched it with a relative, and it ended up being pure kino...

it's too bad the director then went on to make shit as terrible as Only God Forgives, and apparently his latest movie about super models is just as bad.

>it's too bad the director then went on to make shit as terrible as Only God Forgives, and apparently his latest movie about super models is just as bad.
Hi newfriend! It's clear that this is just your first day browsing Sup Forums, so here are some helpful tips:
>'kino' means good
>plebs are people with bad taste
>fuck off back to and take our shitty plebbitry back with you
>Refn is kinda a big deal around here

THIS

>calls me newfriend...

>thinks Only God Forgives wasn't shit...

fuck you you pretentious piece of shit.

>calls any art he doesn't get pretentious
do you even know what that word means?

>calls shit art.

Are you the sort of fag who marvels at period blood on a canvas?

Red sun starring alain delon, toshiro mifune, and charles bronson should have been the best fucking movie ever

No. I appreciate real art. Stick to capeshit kiddo
I know this great place where other like-minded people all circlejerk how great it is
Stay there

you're a fucking retard.

>pic not related

>posting meme reactions
really helping your case faggot

I really wanted to like this. Well I did like it, there's a lot of great moments and effects in it (guy repeatedly bashing his face on the pole was the shit) but there was both too much going on and at the same time not enough. They should have either really went into the cult and doctor stuff, or steered way further away from it and just dropped some random characters into the middle of the madness not ever really knowing how or why any of it was happening. Wanted more creatures or muffed up people. The flashes of flesh and space reminded me of under the skin and I wanted more of that.

>watch Red Oaks
>mc gets hired to film a bris
>"dis gun b gud"
>mc at the bris
>"shalahh hakafalla"
>nice shot of the implements
>procedure begins
>baby is almost eerily quite while his foreskin is being cut off
>cries like he's just been born after
>halfhearted joke involving the swarthy coxman
>whole thing is quickly forgotten

no. when you circumcise a newborn, they scream bloody fucking murder. because it's cutting live flesh from a human being's penis.

youtube.com/watch?v=SLhEoOQhsVw

jews trying to get away with it AGAIN

Inherent Vice. I was really hyped for it, Pychon + PTA + Noir Stoner Comedy seemed like the perfect combination for a movie. But it ended up being the most boring, contrived, aimless movie of the decade.

I wanted to like this one so badly. But the dialogue alone is insufferable, not even going into all other other glaring issues. The dialogue seems like it was written by a first year film student with a learning disability.

The Void is the epitome of wasted potential. Lovecraft is probably rolling over in his grave.

John Carter (2012)

The Hobbit movies. Never before have I seen so much craftsmanship and care thrown away.

Trying to make a three part epic out of a book as small as The Hobbit was just a terrible, terrible idea. It was dead from the outset.

the road.
kids dad dies at the end.
kid wanders for a while, scared and alone.
all the plants are screwed so there is no future.

meets a family with a dog so everything is fine the end.

A.I.
robot boys mom is recreated from her dna in a hair strand.

>ok, the robots looked like aliens to try and confuse me but this is interesting.

it is actually her soul that is brought back to life with magic technology, but she can only live for one day because jesus said so.

>wow i have never been into a movie this much only to watch it shit itself at the last moment.

Dune.

It was just terrible.

It made sense if you remember that shelter they found midway through the film. It belonged to the family that picks him up at the end. They obviously knew that the father would have been too much trouble due to understandable paranoia he'd suffer from, and probably they were paranoid too most likely. I remember there being a scene earlier in the film where the child thinks he sees another child. That may or may not have been one of the kids that was with the family at the end. The family probably kept in eye on the father and son from a distance and decided to help him once the father died...

As for me, 10 Cloverfield Lane fits OP's description. It was perfect until the final 7 or so minutes when ayy lmao happens... then it just jumped the shark.

Learn to
>pic not related

>everything is fine in the end
Mmm yeah slowly being eaten by a family and their dog. How fine.
How do we know they are cannibals?
Guy missing a thumb.

unecessary. that shelter midway through the film is theirs and it was stocked with food and supplies.