/turnleft/ general: Most Punchable Face Edition

>Thursday, Feb. 15
11:35 a.m.-12:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first practice, FS1
2:25-3:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series second practice, FS1
4:35-5:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS1
7:00 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Can-Am Duel 1 (60 laps, 150 miles), FS1
9:00 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Can-Am Duel 2 (60 laps, 150 miles), FS1

>Friday, Feb. 16
12:05-12:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series practice, FS1
1:05-1:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS1
2:05-2:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, FS1
3:05-3:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS1
4:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series qualifying (single vehicle/two rounds), FS1
7:30 p.m. NASCAR Camping World Truck Series NextEra Energy Resources 250 (100 laps, 250 miles), FS1

>Saturday, Feb. 17
9:35 a.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying (single vehicle/two rounds), FS1
12:05-12:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
2:30 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series PowerShares QQQ 300 (120 laps, 300 miles), FS1

>Sunday, Feb. 18
2:30 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Daytona 500 (200 laps, 500 miles), FOX

Other urls found in this thread:

sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2018/02/12/In-Depth/Main.aspx
twitter.com/BrookeRowden/status/963101168993013760
youtube.com/watch?v=h-_v7ImMRnY&t=37s
fanschoice.tv/
youtube.com/watch?v=TZ1VvbEGXO8
youtube.com/watch?v=9w_d63qRJ-E&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrP8vB_NS6Q&t=0s
driveraverages.com/nascar/drivertracktype.php?drv_id=727&trktype_id=3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
youtube.com/watch?v=BLwXIvVflyk
racer.com/images/2018/Feb_1/WEC/Le_Mans_entry_list.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>punchable face
Still mad he won 4 titles in a row?

Four titles in what?

Wtf? No Practice before the duels?

Uh duuh?

Who the fuck is that?
OP's pic is Brad Keselowski.

Can anyone beat Penske?

>if Vettel was American

I'm watching this ARCA race from this weekend. I don't watch much oval racing and when I do it's usually indycar. Is this much carnage normal? How fucked are these cars after these crashes underneath the all the destroyed bodywork?

Is anyone a subscriber to this site? There's an interesting article about the growing rumor that NASCAR is going to be up for sale soon and I don't want to spend joobux for sports journos.

sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2018/02/12/In-Depth/Main.aspx

I dunno. It's normal when races have finishes like this on superspeedways where the cars are all grouped together, NASCAR/ARCA seem to encourage it. I don't know what else could happen when half the field thinks they can win on the final lap. It's only recently that most of the cars in the race are fairly equal, used to be a few would run away from the others.

Scoot Bloomquist out here giving zero fucks

twitter.com/BrookeRowden/status/963101168993013760

>Is this much carnage normal?
For ARCA? Yes. Cup level is usually not that bad, but can sometimes be just as fucky. During the fall Talladega race last season, only 14 cars finished of the 40 that started.

>How fucked are these cars after these crashes underneath the all the destroyed bodywork?
Pretty fucked. Teams can usually cut out and replace bent parts of the frames from some impacts, but there comes a point when it's just time to build a completely new frame. Fires are the worst of all as they'll make the metal more brittle if they burn too long, so those cars usually get shitcanned.

Friendly reminder the 2017 "champion" caused the wreck that took out most of the field

And? Dude dominated all season.

Shit happens, especially on superspeedways.

Yeah, there's always a handful of carnage races each year in stock car racing, usually at the restrictor plate tracks but the brickyard 400 last year was just as crazy. The spring cup race at Talladega in 2016 was like that the entire race because they thought it was going to rain the whole race.

When they were bump drafting side by side I was thinking "this is going to end badly" but also that I guess you have to do that if you want to win from there.

I'm kind of surprised these teams can stay afloat though I guess steel tube frames and sacrificial bodywork are cheaper to repair and replace than the sort of carbon tub + carbon bodywork I'm used to from euro racing.

Yeah, especially considering most of those drivers were doing it for the first time, that was not going to have a good result.

>I'm kind of surprised these teams can stay afloat
Pretty much every of ARCA car is owned by a NASCAR owner or driver.

I'm not sure if they're doing it this year with but ARCA cars for years were just the old gen hand me down cup chasis. Cup teams simply sell the outdated cars that are left over from when a new model or generation comes out. Only difference is ARCA mandates the all the engines.

>Joonya in the NBC booth this year

I can't wait tbqhwyf

Hopefully we get lots of comfy stories like this

youtube.com/watch?v=h-_v7ImMRnY&t=37s

Bobby Gerhart's car was using a 7 or 8 year old chassis with the new modular panels fitted onto it.

fanschoice.tv/

even more racing tonight

You mean rusty wallace

Saw an interview with Tony Stewart who said NASCAR should be like the NHL in that when two dudes have an issue with each other they should be able to fight it out without interference until it goes to the ground, and he's right.

These dudes are risking their lives on the track every week, and yet a bunch of pussies are worried about a punch or two every now and then. It's pathetic.

The crew guys usually burst in because they're roided up failed college football guys who want to be noticed and look tough on national tv

I'm still salty at the Kevin Harvick.Kyle Busch altercation at Darlington because Kevin's crew came barreling at the 18 car and Kyle had to reverse to escape or he'd get mobbed would have been sick 1v1

>more entries for Xfinity+Trucks combined than Cup+ARCA combined
Sad

Shouldn't the Cup,Xfinity,Truck Counts go pretty much inverse of what they are now when you think about it?
Say, 30 car cup field, 35 car Xfinity field, 43 car truck field or something like that?
Could a payout structure be designed to make that happen? It would reinforce the elite nature of each respective series maybe

Why wouldn't the entry level series have more teams than the top level?

Rolling chicanes add nothing to the race except shitboxes that fuck up good racing by competent drivers and teams.

Explain why ARCA didn't have a full field then?

carbon fiber is more expensive than 10 year old recycled NASCAR sheet metal

Yeah, the only teams in Cup should be JGR, Penske, Roush, and Hendrick. No one else should even think about racing in the Cup series in the current year. There's never been a team that started as a back marker and steadily improved over time.

Cash shortage, dude.

gr8 b8 m8

Best oval racing series:

youtube.com/watch?v=TZ1VvbEGXO8

>Yeah, the only teams in Cup should be JGR, Penske, Roush, and Hendrick.

....and CGR, RCR, Wood brothers, SHR, FRR, and RPM. Basically, if a team isn't capable of landing top 20 finishes on the reg, then they need to fuck off back to the local tracks until they can get the resources, and or the skill, to be a competitive team. A 20-25 car field would be perfect, and a vast improvement over the 35+ car clusterfucks that exist today.

>A 20-25 car field would be perfect
didn't know that nascar read Sup Forums

>A 20-25 car field would be perfect

forgot to post the link in the generals this past weekend
youtube.com/watch?v=9w_d63qRJ-E&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrP8vB_NS6Q&t=0s

Eric McClure arrested for domestic violence.

If nobody remembers him, he's the guy who for some reason always had sponsorship from Hefty. Also son of one of the owners of Morgan McClure Racing which was the iconic #4 Kodak car Ernie Irvan and Sterling Marlin were known for.

If I recall right he had some nasty wrecks that ended his career due to head injuries...wonder if they're gonna link this to CTE.

Don't you have some other women to gossip with instead of spreading this cancer here?

downvoted

backmarker traffic makes things interesting. race is boring as fuck if leader has nobody to navigate through

Motorsport isn't roller derby, dude. There's enough bad shit that happens to competent teams that put them off the pace as it is, so there's no need to have underfunded, underperforming shitboxes driving around the track as little more than rolling chicanes.

See: Derrick Cope

mmmm just cut the field down to 20 $top cars

Brad has quietly become one of the best plate racers of all time. He understands how to use the draft as well as Sr or Jr ever did.

>2 drivers lead 40% of all laps last season
>good racing

I went to both Pocono races past year and the crowd felt like it was at a funeral when Kyle Busch was leading by severap seconds. The only thing that saved one of those races was Kasey Kahnes brakes failing and a yellow flag, forcing KB off strategy and giving Blaney his first win.

"quietly"

driveraverages.com/nascar/drivertracktype.php?drv_id=727&trktype_id=3

Dumb ass if you can't navigate card you don't deserve to win

The only lap that counts is the last one.

Dumbass, if you can't spell or type, you don't deserve to make a post.

can't refute my point so he critiques spelling, I know a website you'd fit right in

>“Not really sure exactly what happened. I’m sure if we check out his mom’s Twitter, we’ll find out the truth." - @TyMajeski on the incident with @HBurtonRacing.

my goodness

nascar is for cunts
/indy/

get your disgusting lawn dart snow plows out of here

based rich kid drama

yeah lets get back to nascar with that home built with painted on lights and badges aesthetic

>I know a website you'd fit right in
I bet you do, so why don't you go back to it where you belong.

well hells yea now you're gettin it

sounds good to me brainlet

>200 total victories
>27 victories in a single season
>92 victories in 5 seasons
>1,184 career starts in 35 years of racing over parts of 5 different decades
>broke his neck, shoulder blade, collar bone, sternum, leg, wrist, but never quit
Hail to the King.

>There's never been a team that started as a back marker and steadily improved over time.

You have zero clue about what you're talking about.

I mean holy shit, furniture row just won the championship and hey were nothing but start and parks 10 years ago.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Why do you think he posted the image he did.

>There's never been a team that started as a back marker and steadily improved over time.

Literally everyone, name a single owner that won a cup race their first year.

Evernham is the only team I can think of but he literally bought the team from Bill Elliott who had the best car at daytona and Talladega the year before.

Hendrick. Though it's a lot harder to get started and be competitive now than decades ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

Ganassi in 2001. But he came with the full force of Diamler Chrysler behind him

page 10

>this SLM race right now

>Comcast buying NASCAR

YEAAAH BOYS literally /ourguys/ saving the sport

>comcast
>/ourguys/
what is this cuck shit

modified race on now fanschoice.tv

>Comcast buying NASCAR
The fuck are you on about, dude?

wait and see

>mfw member of a NASCAR sheet metal buying and selling group on Facebook and I see someone trying to fire sale about 2 dozen pieces of Eric McClure sheet metal right now

That shit was worthless when he was just crap.

>NASCAR sheet metal buying and selling group on Facebook
pure cancer

While I would agree because typically it's the same three guys all circle jerking one another with shit they pull out of bins around Charlotte, I did miraculously come away with a piece of CooCoo Marlin's legends race car from 1990 because no one knew what it was from

*blocks your path*

i miss him. fuck NUCAR

They didn't start that team, it was SABCO for yeara.

Yea but let's be honest. When Chip bought it, it was a complete over haul into a new team. I'm a Sterling Marlin fan, and I know how crappy of an organization Sabco had become post Kyle Petty. If Chip hadn't bought it and completely over hauled by changing manufacturers and basically bringing in his own people that team was gonna die in a just a couple of years

reminder darrell waltrip is an f1 fan

fucking dropped

Do F1 fans cheer for cars since almost everything is automated and drivers are close to being pointless?

I'm watching Daytona 500 Media Day on FS1 and Jimmie Johnson just said his car is a Camaro ls1.

Why didn't Jeffery Earnhardt go to the 88? Redneck fans wouldn't even notice, seemed like it could've been a solid move

the fords were shit pretty much everywhere all last year after the splitter nerf except superspeedways. I suspect they'll be even further behind this year now that chevrolet has their new body.

G-guys what if Vince McMahon buys Nascar?

I'll be rooting for the He Hate Me car

How did Aric fucking Amirola get a ride at Haas?

He's better than the one he replaced

on speed, no, not at Daytona. They always manage to bungle it with strategy though

It's normal for the long >2.5mi tracks like Daytona and Talladega because the grid is always racing together due to engine restrictions.

The 1.5mi oval tracks like Atlanta, Homestead-Miami, Texas, Kansas, Kentucky, Chicagoland, Charlotte, etc. usually produce more of a clean, straight race because the cars aren't as close together.

Nope. They think it's actual SKILL that determines the results.

12 years old, actually. They interviewed his brother on the broadcast and it's been going for a long time.
Jeffery wants to make it on his own terms and even turned down Xfinity rides at JRM. Dale Jr said he's respecting it and Jeffery's making his own path. Starcom move is actually great because its essentially a 3rd RCR car and they are using most of the 27's crew from last year. Better deal as well because they won't be using the sponsorships on the 27 to fund Autism's ride either.

I cheer for any team that isn't Mercedes. Who wins the race doesn't matter to me, as long as it isn't one of the two Mercedes drivers.

kek
youtube.com/watch?v=BLwXIvVflyk

LeMans entry list is out:
racer.com/images/2018/Feb_1/WEC/Le_Mans_entry_list.pdf

>60 teams total
>10 LMP1
>20 LMP2
>17 GTE pro
>13 GTE am
>Jackie Chan racing to return with 4 teams
>Toyota to be btfo again with Alonslow
>Ford to dominate GTE pro again