How do we fix Copyright Law?

How do we fix Copyright Law?

Other urls found in this thread:

islamqa.info/en/52903
priceonomics.com/how-mickey-mouse-evades-the-public-domain/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who is this "we"?

The American people

If you copy anything I make, I'm going to kill you.

>Fixed

We fixed it when we invented digital media and filesharing.

And we ruined it again with the DMCA

Democracy.

kick the jews out of the country

Can't DMCA my VPN

remove it

There's nothing wrong with copyright law

Restrict it to 10 years. After that it's public property. If you didn't make a profit by that time it's because your product is shit.

Copyright EVERYTHING

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING UP THIS IMPORTANT ISSUE

Bring back time limits - 10-15 years before something becomes public domain.

It'll encourage studios to start making original IPs again instead of just remaking shit over and over and over and over again.

>people should still make money from their work 70 years after they fucking die
Skeleton Defense Force please go

give it 5 years

What's wong with it is that Disney will own Mickey Mouse until the heat death of the universe, when the original created died 50 years ago.

5 years to ban math? How so?

Wait till they next fight for extention and then make them bleed. Earlier would be better, sure, but legislators and voters arent going to do jack shit until someone makes them.

>tfw the world got fucked over by one company pushing through its personal greed

>How do we fix Copyright Law?

Ban entertainment

I just copyrighted this thread.

Royalties please.

+1 (You)

There, paid.

Sorry britcuck, Copyright is automatic in the US. That means all royalties have to go to me.
$20 a post, no negotiation

Not according to Sharia copyright lad. Pay up or be beheaded.

>encryption is banned
>ISPs control traffic
There you go. Or they can just make it so that you can visit only whitelisted sites since it's not like law abiding citizens need anything other than facebook unless they are pedophile terrorist pirates anyway.

Next extension is a part of TPP.

Wow a copyright law thread? Let's just call it what it is. A pleb tax.

I just find it so ironic that it's Disney doing the copyright expansions

>We need to protect Mickey Mouse! What if some other company tries to make money off of OUR creation???
>Presenting a new and improved version of The Ice Queen by Hans Christian Andersen: FROZEN

Outlaw audio and video

Stop electing zionists.

I would have thought you'd be more familiar with your own laws Muhammad
islamqa.info/en/52903

From what I understand, TPP will attempt to dupe foreign nations into enforcing our intellectual properties laws. This may actually be good for the US economically since IP makes up the bulk of our exports.

Its too late for that

Campaign reform.

Yes. Essentially we're getting another 20 years to copyright to already stupid copyright laws over here.

Yeah, it sure is great that other countries will be forced to adopt 70 years copyright and abusive DMCA-like laws for their own IPs too. But at least your (((corporations))) will make some profit.

Set it back to 20 years without exception, remove the possibility of buying politicians by forcing all campaign donations to be anonymous. Past a certain threshold (lets say you're in the top 15% earners bracket), revealing that you've donated money to a candidate should be punishable by law, starting with extreme fines that will bankrupt most billionaires (putting all of their money into the state coffers), and ending with treason charges and public execution for all involved in shady under-the-table deals that enforce the will of anybody other than The People.

Some of these could and should be converted to amendments to the constitution. Obviously these are extreme beliefs, but I fucking hate copyright law.

>encryption is banned
It'll be a cold day in hell before even the idiots politicians in the US ban math.

Remove it altogether.

Americucks can't. It's in their constitution.

>5 years

Too late

Global omnicide already done by then

Make the Chinese pay

As a Chinese vassal, I can assure you that it's not going to happen.

Please don't bully our Chinese overlords.

We don't, you commie fuck

creepy as fuck

Justify Copyright length being to death of creator+70 years

first your right then you Copy

instructions unclear, ended up with penis in toaster

There are time limits, it's just that walt disney is constantly pushing them forward through lobbying and whatnot.

They'd have lost a ton of their IP's to the public domain by now if they didn't.

priceonomics.com/how-mickey-mouse-evades-the-public-domain/