Was this a pinnacle of western animation?

Was this a pinnacle of western animation?

how faithful adaptation of the Treasure island book is this?

No, it was the death of it.

Now it's all all crappy 3D animation.

the cg scenes have aged poorly desu

Basic story and characters are there

Rewatched it not long ago and they looked damn fine to me.

>ywn have an adventure on a ship in space with your parent figure/master/enemy.

>ywn have a morph

Fucking love this movie. I don't know if I should be happy it quietly died or not, if more would have been good or bad. It's hard to tell, it had such a fun, interesting setting, characters and ideas, but I don't know if I want what I like already to be touched upon again and changed with new material, or if it should stay the way it is.

>Captain Amelia

>Captain Amelia will never call you "incompetent landlubber", order you to visit her cabin and fuck you on her desk

AND IIII

Remember, she's the one with the dick.

I've said it before: this, Atlantis, and El Dorado are the holy trinity of underrated early 00s animation

What about Titan AE?

Yeah, the story sucks shit but the animation and design of everything is fucking great, including the Drej

Happy feet put a smile on my face many times. I never expected to enjoy it as much as I did.

Batman beyond was fun as hell. The series of my preteen years.

Does no one remember Reboot?

My favourite animated film of all time, loved it as a kid and I love it now.

Literally the best.
Name another movie with better shots than this.
There's only one
and they're by the same man

That's not "The Thief and the Cobbler."

I still tear up whenever I watch the Giant sacrifice himself. It's just too pure kino for me to handle.

This too

THUS SAYETH THE LORD

>one guy won't do what I say
>I know what will convince him!
>I'll kill all the firstborn children
>that'll show him!

At that point I'd have just put all the Jews to death if I was the pharaoh.

>And god hardened his heart

> And god hardened his heart

Why are so many people butthurt about this line? Instead of meaning God took control of his actions, isn't an equally valid interpretation that God upset Pharaoh and the latter just reacted foolishly on his own accord?

>Atlantis
I've heard it was a poor ripoff of some anime though

>I'd have just put all the Jews to death if I was the pharaoh.
that's literally what he set out to do after they left

I don't know about the original hebraic text, but the phrasing in the King's bible really makes you wonder why God is such an asshole.

no idea, its a good movie regardless

The Drej designs could've made for a good villain ins a good movie.

Recobbled is 100% certified kino.

Captain Amelia is such an underrated waifu. Hell, even furries barely touched her.

According to my nostalgia, Atlantis is better, but I haven't seen either in such a long time so I might have to revisit them

I think you're forgetting about the soundtrack

What about it?

It was meh for me. The background music is alright but the "punk" songs started to play, it was pretty bad.

Treasure Planet is one of my favorites. I really enjoy the animated sci-fi Disney did, including Atlantis and Lilo & Stitch. Sequels all sucked though.

Yes

Yeah they still look great because they were all in shadow.
I think it was. Something like Atlantis looked as beautiful, but had much worse character design and a mediocre plot. Treasure Island is a fantastic book and this is one of the best adaptions of anything I've ever seen.

My dad's hypothesis was that the advertisement was partly to blame for the box office failure: presenting the main character as this punk instead of a wannabe pirate. Especially from the time it was from, no one wants to take their kid to see that.

The internet knows she's too pure user

It was the pinnacle of Disney milfs.