Watching Watchmen

Watching this for the first time. I'm like 25 minutes in and some animated part just started. Was this part a ripoff of kill bill, the animation sequence I mean?

Well anyway, it's pretty ok so far. What did Sup Forums honestly think of this? I hope Comedian somehow comes back, he seemed cool.

ABORT!! That version is horrible. The animation is jarring and breaks up the movie.

Sadly this is actually true.

Fuck the Ultimate Cut.

Watch the Director's Cut. It's the best version available.

I'd say that the Ultimate Cut is fine if you're a fan of the source material, but given how the movie eventually diverges from the source, it's unlikely you'd be happy with it anyways.

Just read the book, you can read it faster than that version anyway

Director's Cut is the best version. The death of Hollis Mason is the best scene Snyder has ever shot.

The track bar says this one is 3 1/2 hours long. Thought I'd check out the bigger one...?

Loved the graphic novel!
Thought the movie was a 3 hour piece of shit waste of time.

Is that scene in the ultimate cut, do you know?

Animated comic book is the true kinosseurs choice

The movie is almost a 1:1 adaptation until the last 20 minutes.

I believe so. Ultimate Cut is the Director's Cut with Tales From the Black Freighter edited in.

>the HD version of the Midnight Cut won't be released in your lifetime

Ok, now what's the midnight cut?

and those alterations in the last 20 minutes make the faithfulness of the rest of the movie pointless, wasted, and symptomatic of a complete and total lack of understanding of the source material.

do you have cancer or something?

If the movie is re-released, ever, in any form, it'll be in the next ten years. As no one is going to remember it ten years from now.

A fan-edit that makes the movie closer to the comics. Trims some of the fat from the movie but still ends up being 3 1/2 hours by adding in more stuff. It's not amazing but worth checking out.

Manhattan bombs >>>>>>>>>>> squid

guaranteedreplies.jpg

Ye.
The only difference between the two versions is that the Director's Cut doesn't include the animated part.
Fucking great film desu. Fuck muh squid posters.

Kindof enjoying the animated parts desu. I haven't read the comic so do you really know what I am supposed to expect. Really find it intriguing so far.

reminder that "watchmen wasn't shit" is part of the DCEU marketing.

Yup, nobody gave a shit about this movie until Snyder fags started shilling for Snyder.

Also, this is a terrible adaptation of the watchmen. Zach the hack would of course ruin it by making everyone have super powers and no squid.

The Ultimate Cut adds nothing but the animated short. Which as pointed up is completely jarring and cuts to it at some of the worst times.

ANYWAYYYYYY

anyone got recs for movies that indulge in ironic subversion and play with media/pop culture?

the generic pop advertising type music playing during the first scene was hilarious, loved the camera into the tv president stuff too

Snyder himself has said that he thinks the Director's Cut is "where it's at"