Hi guys, 35M here, 230lbs muscular Dad bod type

Hi guys, 35M here, 230lbs muscular Dad bod type.
I'm able to pop/snap my neck quite well, hands free or with the leverage of a desk/solid object.
I'm having back pains in the area in the circle.
Halp?

Attached: owwie.png (768x506, 221K)

Misalignment or possible muscle strain. take some advil and if it comes back go to a chiropractor and get adjusted.

Advil seems pretty obvious. You suggest a chiropractor? I've never been to one before. Is it expensive? [ USA ]

You probably spend too long looking at your dinger. Possibly slouching at a desk, no? Do some lat pull downs or strict pull ups. Also, sit at your desk like a fucking human and not a sack of shit.

Chriropractors are overpaid massage therapists.

You probably can snap your neck because your facet joints/ribs are not articulating properly. Sounds like your facet joints may be locked up, perhaps due to muscular imbalances/muscle tightness. Popping your neck isn’t going to do anything. If you don’t get the facet joints released then eventually you could have a back spasm which will not be pleasant. A good PT will know exactly what’s going on and can give you a massage and release the facet joint.

Quite the contrary, I am primarily on my feet most of the time.
That may be true, but doesn't really help.
The pain is most noticeable only when I sit down at the end of a long day.

It seems like thusfar, most of you think I should see a PT/masseuse?

I'm still wondering how affordable it is. I'm kind of Jewish when it comes to spending.

It's going to get worse without you changing your behavior. Enjoy having a thoracic laminectomy in 20 years

What a fantastic insight, if only I had the slightest notion to ping the expanses of the internet by asking anonymous strangers for "Halp?" What a fool I must be.

I'm sorry, man. I'm a little drunk. Honestly though, I would consult with a neurologist ASAP. Chiropractors have their uses, but you have to be careful with your spine. If you can identify where the pain is and it's around your thoracic vertebrae, like your picture indicates, then you need to get some imaging done.

inb4 a bunch of poorfags sucking the dicks of chiropractic "doctors"

OP ask yourself if you want treatment for symptoms or the actual cause.

t. - medfag

Seems you don’t want to pay $$ for relief. Go on line, find “Stretching for Idiots”, download - look up that area. Meanwhile, get ball, softball good, put between upper back and a wall, roll up/down, back/forth - will feel fantastic after done.. Pass it on.

Hmm, thanks for the refined answer. This is Sup Forums and this thread will 404 before probably anyone even reads that, or this.
I don't think it's quite fitting to seek a neurologist, it's just kind of a minor persistent pain, only noticeable when I sit down at my desk after a long day.

I might seek a masseuse, but I'm kind of paranoid that they won't know what they're doing?

I suppose I'll leave it at this for now. I'd like to thank you all for the genuine replies, I'm sure I'll ping again, but for tonight, I'll be thankful for the advise given. I'll be Googling some chiropractors in the morning.

Still here, no, it's not about the worry of monetary loss, but rather my knowledge of the cost itself.
I've bills to pay, food to eat, heat to enjoy, and 4 walls to sleep within. I just want to have some ballpark idea of what it might cost so I may plan my spending accordingly.
I'm not a ritch man, but I live above my means. I know I can afford it, but I wouldn't want to go to a place and get charged $700 when any other place would charge $40

my suggestions are free (if you already own a softball) this isn’t rocket surgery. take the advise. Good luck

As autistic a reply as I could expect from Sup Forums

Again, thank you to those who unironically answered. Your words will be taken to heart. I'm even going to take an advil [ ] as prescribed by the first responder tomorrow.

Goodnight, all. Thank you genuinely.

Hey OP and the rest, ive been suffering with much similar problems. I however do work in an office job. I have awful popping grinding and snapping in the area op described but localised only on the right hand side. My physiotherapist gave me some bullshit exercises that arnt helping. Ngl it genuinely feels like a tumor is lodged in my shoulder most days. Also ive been cracking that side of my neck for years and honestly i think thats what caused this mess

Fix your posture

Popping & snapping usually inflammation in the tendon sheaths. See if Ibuprofen helps. Does feel like something very serious. Posture important. Compare work sitting to home sitting to see where pain most aggravated. Try following softball/stretching therapy suggested above. Stay away from chiropractors or naturopaths - they exploit the placebo effect.

had to get that autistic shot in, huh? ingrate!

Who are also regarded as quacks by the rest of the western world. America has a fascination with them

Do you drive a lot? Have you tried sleeping with no pillow?