Squatter help...

Squatter help. I'm thinking of moving into a home that looks like its in the middle of being renovated but there hasn't been anyone there for what looks like 6 months. I broke in and saw the fridge is full of black mold and old food that's rotten. Checked to see that the property taxes are being paid, although late as fuck.
What are the chances of me moving in, and fixing it up without being arrested?

Attached: IS27i9lxildg8u0000000000.jpg (596x446, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-police-officer-shoots-woman-death-inside-her-home-n1065451
denverpost.com/2019/10/16/colorado-aurora-police-shooting-andrew-huff/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

0%

Are squatters rights a thing where you are? If they are then that'll keep you safe

Some key notes to know, its somewhat well hidden, looks like a estate, grass is overgrown and dead, nothing a little mowing can't fix to make it look right. Electricity, water, and water heater is on. Mail looks like it hasn't been picked up for the past 3 months. So its possible someone might have come by. No signs of a property manager.

Its in North Carolina. There are some rights and if I'm not caught in under 30 days, and openly look like I'm living there, I can pretend to be a "former" renter and be evicted in civil court.

It still has shit in the home. Multiple beds, and junk stacked on top of stuff as the renovation seems to have stopped. Dirty clothes and old food on the beds has produced mold. I'm wondering if its just some construction workers/renovators that were living there just stopped working for the season and will return later in the year.
My thought is to keep an eye on it and the taxes until late March or July, then invade.

I don't know how squatters work over there but it sounds like it's worth a shot, try not to call attention to yourself though, I would leave the grass untouched though, and be prepared to book it in case a manager does stop by

*squatter rights

That would work, but unfortunately, bailing is not an option. The squatter's rights in my state says that you HAVE to openly show you are living there. You have to also be "hostile" or be actively trespassing to fall under those rights. Leaving and getting caught would make me a burglar and police have the right to arrest me instantly for breaking and entering.
I'm bold enough to go face to face with a property manager.
But the risk of a gung-ho cop automatically arresting me when a property manager calls the cops is my biggest concern. Although its against the law, they could just make up charges. That's what I'm afraid of mostly.
Big Risk and reward.

I would go for it, it sounds like it's worth the risk, I would try and monitor the place for a few more days just to be safe

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-police-officer-shoots-woman-death-inside-her-home-n1065451

Oh I know its safe. I've been using the shower and visiting it once a week for the past month. Some things looked like it was disturbed/moved outside, but I'm going to attribute it to the wind storms we been having during thanksgiving. But yeah, the plan is just that. I'm keeping my eye on the place for now, water pipe is busted under the house, might have to fix it myself. leaking water and flooded the crawl space under the house. I was able to turn it off and on at the mailbox.
I'm thinking of waiting out til March or July to see if the owners pay the property taxes. But they don't pay it until March. I'm also curious if its a construction thing as I don't see many construction workers this season. Its like they all stopped working at the same time.
There's a home being built nearby and they left all their heavy equipment behind, bulldozer, backhoe and stuff. Bushes and grass has over grown the construction site.
So there's a chance the construction/renovators will come back.

Also bought a deer camera set up near by outside in some bushes to see if anyone else is squatting or if property managers are coming by. I'm extremely paranoid but also don't want to spend money on living in a slum.

denverpost.com/2019/10/16/colorado-aurora-police-shooting-andrew-huff/

If it's safe, I would definitely try it out, but I were you I would just be ready if any construction workers or inspectors show up (not to leave, but to defend your rights if they call the cops), good luck man

Attached: 2f0.jpg (800x450, 33K)

don't be a nigger,

Anything valuable inside? Might be able to sell some second hand goods to get you by.

Don't be a faggot

Kill yourself OP

niggers steal property... DON'T BE A FUCKING NIGGER

Tons of canned foods, old TV that looks like it weighs 200 lbs made back in 2010. The stove top is dismantled and on a scratched up oak table. Nope. Nothing of value here you can find at any thrift store.

Holy buddy boys, what a name! What a word!

What a....well, damn folks...

Nigger as in ignorant, or nigger as in black people? Obviously not all squatters are black and poor.

Attached: squatters_revenge.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

I know! But it's the FEEL of it, man!

I love fruit leather!

either or works.

OP is human garbage

I'm trying to get a win in life like everyone else. If I just pay the property taxes, then that'll be like paying rent, but for ultra dirt cheap. $400 per month.
Rent is pretty much similar or even more for legally living in a mobile home or 1 bedroom apartment filled with roaches.
We are living in a world where you have to pay to live. If you don't have money, you aren't important or smart enough to survive in society. If I was a hacker, I would forge the deed and file it under my name and outright own mansions. But that's a long game I don't have time for.