Saw this tonight at my local theater, what did you guys think of it? Seemed a bit overrated to me

Saw this tonight at my local theater, what did you guys think of it? Seemed a bit overrated to me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tHU56GWuNWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

torrent when?

youtube.com/watch?v=tHU56GWuNWk

It kinda piques my interest but I'm not gonna watch it, seems like a love story that will trigger my /r9k/ autism

Can't wait to watch the one about bullying a deaf girl this weekend.

was there hot tentacle rape?

It wasn't like a film like howls moving castle or spirited away, it was more like an anime that was compressed into three episodes played back to back to back.

I still liked it

It was pretty good. A bit overrated, except where the animation is concerned.

underrated if you ask me

Trannie propaganda.

really good. best movie i've seen since rogue one

For me the movie kind of felt like a parabola. Real slow start, by the middle I was into it, and then the ending dragged and took too long to finish.

best original anime film in a long time
everything it does, it does pretty much flawlessly

I'm waiting for the torrent because I'm an autist who straight up refuses to watch anime in English.

It was a chick flick.

guess i'm a girl

First 2/3 of the movie was good, but it starts to drag in the last act. Once it turns into "We need to save the town!" it loses a lot of steam. And the ending where it kept teasing their meeting was annoying.

Hello Uridon!

I agree, OP.

I couldn't care less by the end. It was really convoluted for no reason at all.

Soundtrack was top notch. From the montage, the town saving to the end credits, 10/10.

The whole movie felt convoluted just to fit whatever plot they were trying to do. How did they never notice the time gap when they're constantly writing journals and shit?

Never really felt a sense of urgency.

Never got a sense of the characters other than your anime stock expressions.

And then it just ends. There's barely a climax.

>anime about schoolchildren
>probably takes place partly in school

of course its shit.
anime without school = better.

It was great. Finally a move by Makoto Shinkai that has a really good plot and not just visuals.

Loved the ending too!