What does Sup Forums think of The Mist trailer?

What does Sup Forums think of The Mist trailer?

youtube.com/watch?v=kya_uqiSQOY

Kind of disappointed. I didn't here about it before some other thread Sup Forums, so i didn't know it was from spike. I would have had lower expectations to begin with if I had.

Hoping it has an actually good ending unlike the movie.

Think it looks pretty cool. I was thinking about watching the The Mist (2007) but heard mixed reviews about it

>cant even cgi fog properly, looks like ps1 graphics
>faggot teenagers making out
>spike tv

How about fucking nope

It's good, watch it.

but user, if there aren't gays then we cant have a "homophobia is the true monster" message

What the fuck? The ending is awesome you fucking dipshit, know what ending sucked? Your moms pregnancy.

I don't know, looks kinda shitty, but I really like stories when you get multiple character threads intertwining because of a singular event.

A good example would be Under the Dome, but that show went to shit fast.

Wasn't this already a pretty decent movie?

Why do you think they chose it?
Gotta use a name people are fond of to lure in viewers to your shit show

>sex scene

D R O P P E D

Looks like horseshit. If I had means, I'd literally forbid people to watch it.

>le humans are actual monsters, geddit xD

bump

looks like shitzorz

Coming soon, the open world survival video game "The Mist"

>turning films into tv shows

Is that gimimck at a high right now? The worst thing is: it only has 5% to do with the show and it's mostly the character names or setting and then it's just a generic action/drama plot with nothing to do with the original film.

are there monsters in it?

From the trailer id say no, seems like the mist "draws out our inner monster" or some shit like that

The Mist is a great movie

Looks like shit. Also why do we need this when the kino movie was made not too long ago?

>not too long ago

Its been a decade senpai, thats an eternity in movie time

Wasn't the original Story about Aliens from another Dimension like Half-life?

What is up with this psychology bullshit?

The book is focused on how people react to a completely hopeless situation and how under the right circumstances people can become monsters too.

The movie did this quite good actually.

>After 30 seconds
>One liner
>BWWWAAAAAAMMMMMMM
>One liner
>BWWWWAAAAAAMMMMM
>Action shots designed to absolutely demolish the epileptic
>BWWWWWAAAAAMMMMMM
>Another one liner
>BWWWWWWWAAAAAAMMMMMM
>This keeps happening until the trailer ends

I don't know why that made me laugh so hard, but it did

Hard to tell what the hopeless situation is from the trailer though since it didnt show any monsters
people were locking themselves inside so there must be some kind of threat from the mist though

Yeah, but it's Stephen King so the most evil person in the story has to be a religious zealot.

I mean it's kinda true, while a particular religion might be more or less violent in it's teachings, all the Abrahamic ones at least share the problem that they prime the mind to believe inherently illogical things and blame anything outside the norm as the love and/or anger of an inscrutable Other who wants something from you but is really bad at communicating it's desires despite being supposedly omnipotent.

This applies to other things too that are basically religions but don't self-identify as such. Like Feminism replaced "original sin" with "THE PATRIARCHY", but it's the exact same psychological guilt trigger with a new coat of paint.

i have a feeling that if there are monsters, they'll appear as sporadically as the smoke monster from lost.

>The book is focused on how people react to a completely hopeless situation and how under the right circumstances people can become monsters too.

lets drag this out over a dozen or more episodes when views just want to see people get eaten by monsters

FUND IT

12 episodes of people arguing about whether there are or arent actually any monsters in the mist for D R A M A

if they were to do some world building by showing project arrowhead before the incident it may be worth a watch , but you just know its going to be MUH feels & drama with the occasional off screen death.

Every damn Stephen king book eventually gets made into a series even if it had a good movie version first

>theres monsters in the mist
>no its just some psycho killer!
>but why arent the police coming?
>I bet they're just dealing with looters in the mist

repeat for 10 hours

Nailed it
>Muh Satan
>Muh patriarchy
>Muh capitalism
>Muh blacks
>Muh whitey
>Muh Jews
It's a dick move to reduce philosophies to 1 bogeyman on whom everything's blamed, but these idiots do it to themselves. It's easy to lead a group when your primary belief is "It's someone else's fault that your life's shit".
King's gotta lotta good stories touching on this- Problem is most of them give a free pass to the philosophies he subscribes to

sheeeeiiiit

>no you don't get it, it's not even about the monsters!

is this the ultimate pseud statement? can't even count the amount of times i've heard people parrot this when talking about The Walking Pleb

>see a bunch of trailer reaction videos at the side
>look at a view
>all say the show looks very promising

what the fug

>Monsters are expensive
>Hmmm, just have the mist make them paranoid, and get cheap actors. We can just have them argue and have sex for 10 seasons.

Its what plebs say to appear intellectual and deep. And they are half right, but they still dont understand the enemy within trope.

The enemy within trope has a force multiplier based on whatever it is the 'human monsters' are compared to. If it was just a raging storm outside? Meh. Zombie horde? Bit better. Hundreds of acid spitting spiders, an enormous spiny octopus, swarms of megawasps, a giant bug/crab, a 200ft lumbering tentacle behemoth, all in 3ft of visibility? Wew.

MAN...

Is the real monster.

"Did you guys see that epic cliffhanger? Edward said that to Jacob and then ran out into the mist after Bella!"

>The ending [to The Mist] is awesome
Wow people born in the 2000s really do have shitty opinions

I feel that since the movie seemed to satisfy the book that it might be too much of a stretch to have an entire tv series on it

Not if the first 6 episodes are about getting to know the characters with glimpses of Arrowhead before shit hits the fan

Horrible, this missed the entire point of the book and the mist.

I really really don't like this
All they can do to improve on the movie is get better actors and better CG/practical effects
That's it
I really really don't like what I'm seeing about the psychological parts too
it's about people who are all gonna die horribly dealing with that by getting violent or crying or whatever
but this series looks like it'll be a generic "it makes you ultra violent just like in my zombie movies :DDDDD" kind of thing
which i hate
I'm assuming all the characters will be unlikable because yank telly always has shit characters
I fear that there won't be much monster action as well
I admit that I'm a bit biased because I love seeing good creature design and direction but that doesn't mean I'll let these cunts get away with fucking up the mist just because I have a fetish
I do like the idea of bringing back the rest of the soldier plot from the book, since that might actually work with more time to explore it
probably not though since this is gonna be shit
FUCK I HATE YOU WHY NOT JUST REMAKE THE MIST WITH STUDIO ADI REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>yfw project arrowhead just lets another dimensions virus into the world
>its a zombie virus

>First the dark tower movie looks like complete shit and now this
Does Stephen king just spite us, is he filled with so much hate these days?

>no really guis it's not zombies
>look they're not grey they only have blood all over them and in their mouth and eyes
>and they eat people
>but it's not zombies because they can still use weapsons!!!!!!

>they're not zombies because they have a few spikes coming out of them
>and a couple can shoot acid web just like the movie!

the statues in this picture are the jews in charge of ruining my favourite kinographies and the man is me

I hope he will be in the serie

stephen king was a big fan of sons of anarchy, im afraid the guy has no taste whatsoever when it comes to movies or tv series.

that's a big monster

5me

For oy.

Yes it is

Lets have a closer look, shall we?

THE VOID series when?

They're already remaking it?

literally every movie trailer ever

its a "re-imagining" in the form of a tv show, get it right nerd

The Moist

Hey, remember that Stephen King book, I can't remember the name of it, but it had a religious nutjob strawman character?

Y'know, the one with the writer?

The one set in the north east?

Misery?

>literally every stephen king story

>The mist is actually concentrated queef
>The monster is actually just a pussy on legs

10/10
would watch

I like that design a lot, it feels really organic, but also really unnatural and wrong.
It's a fantastic ayy design and I'd love to see more aliens take after it.

It's not psuedo intelligence. It's shit straight from the horse's mouth. If you think that's dumb then it simply isn't for you. Stop being a prick.

Someday someone in one of these threads will explain in what way The Mist novella has a bad ending. Maybe.

>let's take a self contained story that was made into a well liked movie and make a shitty low budget tv series that no one asked for out of it

Fucking idiots. The only way this will work is if they COMPLETELY deviate from the original storytelling and themes. For example, it looks like we're going to get more into the Arrowhead project mystery. This could be interesting, but the more they reveal the less like The Mist it will feel.

Maybe I just like the idea because it feels like we're getting into Half Life territory.

Looks like shit. Plus it's a short story, it was even short for a movie. How many episodes can you strech it?

>Under the Dome 2.0

This ought to go well.