Can somebody explain me why people hate this scene so much!?

Can somebody explain me why people hate this scene so much!?

I did not think Batman V superman was something special, just as good as the average super-hero film, disn't deserve all the shit it had, though. Anyway, I actually think this was a clever scene. I mean, it was just a coincidence, but it allowed Batman not to kill Superman right on spot, and allowed him to hear what Superman wanted to explain, which was that his mother was in danger, this was a ruse by Luthor, and they needed to unite against him to save Martha.

Why so much hate?

Because in the age of quips and memes, everything gets mocked and dissected until it becomes meaningless.

No u!

Because Superman could have easily explained from the start the current predicament with his mom and Luthor instead of engaging Batman in a fight. It makes no logical for Superman to blatantly play into Luthor's hands by fighting Batman when a simple explanation would've brought them to an understanding. Also, Batman was completely out of character to switch from homicidal rage just because Superman started mumbling his mom's name and some strange woman runs up to explain.

But no, the movie entitled Batman v Superman needed a fight between its titular characters and this abortion of a conflict resolution was the end result.

no u

You must have ADHD. Superman tried telling batman. Batman was out for blood at that point, he wasnt listening.

No u

Superman could have kept trying. He had no reason to engage him at all. As far as Superman knows, there's nothing Batman can do to him. But instead he retaliates, guaranteeing that Superman would have to kill Batman in order to save Martha thus presenting his motivation for the fight.

It's completely retarded, and deserves all the criticism it got. As for the movie as a whole, the criticisms about tone confusion, shitty acting (Eisenberg in particular), a ham-fisted final boss fight, and the blatant undoing of its last 10 minutes are all valid and why the movie is a bad movie, capeshit or not.

The only good things about the movie are its action sequences (the Batman v Luthor goons especially), Affleck and Irons' acting, and Zimmer soundtrack. And the fact that it sets up Justice League which has more wiggle room to be a decent movie.

>Can somebody explain me why people hate this scene so much!?
People hate what they don't understand. Superman saying that word isn't what changed Bruce's mind out of the blue and deem him as a hypocrite for not taking that "1% chance". "Martha" just triggered Bruce's PTSD which exposed a momentary weakness and allowed Lois to confirm that this dangerous alien's Mother could be in danger. This presents Batman an opportunity to redeem himself from the guilt he faced over the course of his parent's death. When he throws the spear in rage, he's not only pissed at Lex tricking him, he's pissed at himself for losing his true purpose and going after a needless vendetta against Superman

Superman put up it them did they count out sun to lost he did to him

I thought it was a very anticlimactic way of ending the fight pretty much everyone was waiting for (a fight that was pretty boring and generic) just so they could get to the big cgi monster and kill Superman.

It didn't bother me either, I was more pissed supes got his ass handed to him though.

I'm sorry what

I thought superman had them to it hey can get heist to his hardcore sun mom?

You ok user?

Bad editing

Not really a coincidence. I think someones wife or daughter or something was named martha so dc named a bunch of characters after her.

Because Superman can hear Lois' heartbeat from half the world away but can't hear his own fucking mothers heartbeat

Because all Superman had to do was say Lex had his mother, Martha Kent, before Batman took 3 steps

Because Batman has a revelation that Superman is just like a human, and killing is wrong, only to have his moment of clarity thrown away so he can kill 7 people (men just like Superman) in a warehouse because it "looks cool"

>guaranteeing that Superman would have to kill Batman in order to save Martha thus presenting his motivation for the fight.

No? Last time Superman showed force against Batman he didnt retaliate. And despite you saying it would "guarantee" that Superman would have to kill Batman, look what happened in the movie, he didnt have to kill Batman. He thought he could easily over power Batman and force him to listen, he was wrong and didnt know about the kryptonite which made the whole thing worse.

You are really stretching it.

Ajii pandi supaman! Ajii pandi supaman! Ajii PANdi supamaaa aaaaan! Ajii PAndi supam

> the blatant undoing of its last 10 minutes

How?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Does superman is gay?

>Batman is a cold, calculating murderer
>says "Martha"
>like a secret codeword, it de-activates the Bat of Murder

Worst scene in any capeshit movie other than FF, honestly.

>Because Superman can hear Lois' heartbeat from half the world away but can't hear his own fucking mothers heartbeat
Lois was literally a 1 block away from him and Martha is literally miles away from him so yeah as many problems as BvS has, this was not a problem to me at all.

STILL how Superman couldnt acknowledge the bomb in the Courtroom about to go off... makes no sense that

I had no idea Superman suffers from weaknesses like Peter Parker did in Spiderman 2 where emotion weakens his powers. Does this ever happen in the Superman comics?

>Because Superman can hear Lois' heartbeat from half the world away but can't hear his own fucking mothers heartbeat

Idk where this comes from, Lois yelled and was pushed off a building and the other time she was saved she was visiting a terrorist, so OF COURSE Superman would be watching her.

>Because all Superman had to do was say Lex had his mother, Martha Kent, before Batman took 3 steps

He wasnt about to tell a man that wanted to kill hiim his mother's name, even when he is dying he just tells him to "save Martha" without revealing her connection to him for fear that he would want to kill her FOR being his mother.

>Because Batman has a revelation that Superman is just like a human, and killing is wrong, only to have his moment of clarity thrown away so he can kill 7 people (men just like Superman) in a warehouse because it "looks cool"

What? His revelation is that Superman is human, its not until Superman dies for the greater good does he realize men can still be good again. Hence him not branding Luthor.

So explain how he found her in the middle of a desert half the world away just as she was in trouble then?

I love watching DCucks squirrel their way out of plot holes

Batman told Bertha a buetiful lie that he did what superman him did them to hm way it's the same kind of a work when told him what his spear did!

but it doesnt, when he says Martha it makes Batman choke Superman even harder. Its not until Lois comes that he stops.

I'm saying Superman had no real motivation to show force at all. Even if he believes he could strong-arm Batman he should've reasonable assumed a show of force would've escalated the situation, especially after it became obvious that Batman was hostile enough to rig up automatic weapons.

>he didnt have to kill Batman
He didn't have to because he was able to use Batman as an ally to save Martha. Had the fight gone differently, he would have had to kill him to satisfy Luthor's ultimatum OR subdue him. Once subdued he could either leave him be and try to save Martha himself or roll charisma checks to persuade Batman to join him in stopping Luthor. Which leads us back to the original point that the fight was unnecessary.

The last 10 minutes drags on about Superman's death and what his sacrifice means for the world and how it affects Batman in the Justice League. The last 3 seconds show Superman alive. Now you could argue the very existence of a Justice League movie and extended universe would imply this to be obvious. But they didn't need to show their hand in BvS.

because he knew she was going to see terrorists so he was specifically watching over her

user, I think you should stop posting for a while.

Who else thinks they played the "Superman's death" and "Doomsday" card way too early?

Invincible son wouldn't let his wife talk to a mass murder with himself as backup.

Superman wake scream him girlfriends name out when he wakes up he wanted his girlfriend by him but she wasn't near him so flys all around the world look for him girlfriend, he thinks I miss you so much baby I'm coming for you!

> he should've reasonable assumed a show of force would've escalated the situation, especially after it became obvious that Batman was hostile enough to rig up automatic weapons.

but the automatic weapons didnt do jack shit to Superman. You got to remember, Superman has had two years of being the strongest thing in known existence, and the only other thing to ever pose a threat to him were other aliens. He had no reason to assume Batman would be any kind of threat to him.

> Which leads us back to the original point that the fight was unnecessary.

Not really, if one of the only ways to get Batman to listen was to be in that end state.
>. The last 3 seconds show Superman alive. Now you could argue the very existence of a Justice League movie and extended universe would imply this to be obvious. But they didn't need to show their hand in BvS.

Eh, I mean anyone who knows anything about comics knows he comes back from the dead. I think you should at least wait till JL to see HOW they bring him back.

>Batman told Bertha a buetiful lie
>turned my dick into a diamond absolute
>there was a time before sex
>a time above her body

>How to argue like a redditor

ftfy

Breace Wayne was just sitting on his couch butt naked with his legs wide open and Alfred walks in and brace Wayne was like ain't tryna hide nothing and Alfred's like you got kryptonite stuck in your booty ho baman and lex luthan like who did that to you?

Batman attempting to kill Superman instead of merely defeating to put him in his place Is problem #1.

>Superman could have kept trying.
You do realise that he was on the clock, right?

First thing Superman does is slam into the ground, walk towards Batman without trying to explain
When he gets close enough, he pushes him 60 feet away and then throws him through a building.

Hey Batman, Lex Luthor has my mother, and he wants me to kill you, help me take him down.

(It took me 12 seconds to type that)

But it's a fight that shouldn't be happening. Ever. These are two guys who fight for the same things.

The great thing about this fight is how fucking uncomfortable it is. I was into it at first. I am a huge Batman fan so seeing him prep his way to winning was good

But then you watch him brutalizing Superman. You see just how fucked up he is. He subdues him and then keeps wrecking his shit just to cause pain

The end of the fight is a relief. Seeing the real Bruce poke his head back out (note the broken mask and the way the voice modulator malfunctions, going between his scary demon voice and his human one)

First thing he does is land and try to explain. Says something like, "Bruce, there's been a mistake, Lex wants..." and then he steps into the sonic trap.

Superman showing force as an attempt to de escalate the situation is a common trope. Especially with someone who is determined not to cooperate

Yeah mate

If a cop says: Get your hands behind your back.

You should kick him in the mouth to de-escalate the situation

If you're indestructible and can bend his gun in half, he might think twice about continuing the fight

Unless he's insane

The problem with Batman vs. Superman is that much of the plot doesn't pass the "so what" test. Like Lois's investigation of Lex's mercenaries and their special Lex-branded bullets. An absurd scheme to frame Superman for wrecking an African village which leads to Superman being summoned to court. But so what? The courtroom is blown up before Superman says a word and the entire subplot is never mentioned again. Lex tries to prejudice Batman and Superman against one another by stealing disability checks and sharing articles about Batman branding criminals. So what? The fight is eventually staged by simply kidnapping Superman's mom, rendering Lex's preceding machinations completely pointless. Abysmal storytelling and an unforgiveable waste of time in a movie that despite a bloated 3+ hours length, can't even spare a few minutes to give Superman more than 42 lines or squeeze in scenes for Wonder Woman to talk to anyone other than Bruce Wayne.

In contrast, Marvel's Civil War is a masterpiece of efficient storytelling. Batman vs Superman struggles to effectively tell a story about a couple of superheroes, one villain and a love interest. Civil War manages to credibly weave over a dozen heroes into a tightly-focused story, two of whom are main characters, half of which are properly developed and characterised and all of whom, even the "guest stars", get something cool to say or do. Even Falcon gets more dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in his own movie! "Quip"-filled though it may be, the conversations in Civil War flow like real banter between real people, and do a good job of conveying the personalities of the characters. Zack Snyder seems to believe a few pompous pronouncements and Biblical motifs are enough to secure the audiences empathy with his heroes. But they aren't. Hence Batman vs Superman's 27% RT score, Razzie award, and failure to reach $1bn despite starring the two biggest names in the comic book industry.

The Martha concept was good but the execution was so fucking hamfisted they ruined whatever potential it had.

>STAY DOWN! IF I WANTED IT, YOU'LL BE DEAD ALREADY. Also, my mom is in danger!
>Oh shit, sorry man, let's save her now.

So did Superman just wait and watch as Jimmy got blasted in the face and just assumed that Lois will be in no danger or did he just get lucky that the guy shot Jimmy instead of her so he would get enough time to fly down to save her?

Why did he refer to his mother by her name?
Was superman autistic.

Batman should've said "Stop, invincible son" and Clark would've stopped dead in his tracks

Personally I prefer the scene where Batman quips "tell that to Zod's broken neck"

The way it was delivered was outright retarded. The concept is fine. Supes could have been beaten down and asked Bats to save his mother, saying something that includes her name coincidentally. Instead he chokes out "save Martha," which is totally not how anybody speaks about their mother.

How would you ask someone who is about to kill you to rescue your mother? Would you say "save [your mom's first name]"? Nobody on earth would do that.

The scene could have easily been improved with a small rewrite to make it sound even remotely natural.
Superman could have been beaten down, and, seeing he was done for, used his last sentence to make a request -
>"please, there's a woman being held hostage in whatever building. Save her. Please."
>"why do you care about one person? You've killed hundreds, your kind will keep doing so until you're all stopped rah rah rah" from Batman
>"Martha Kent, the woman they're holding hostage, is my mother"
>Batman thinks of his own mother and the scene continues with their team up

I do think the movie overall was unfairly slaughtered by critics and viewers, but the execution of that scene was genuinely retarded and easily avoidable

This is the biggest offense. It's clear the writers noticed Clark and Bruce's mothers shared the same name and they thought "Hm, how can we manufacture something from that?". Clark has never referred to his mother by her first name, and it would've been more understandable and sympathetic to Batman if he had said "my mother".

Sounds almost like obtuse lyrics, like you'd hear in ITAOTS

Wow, you guys are plebs.

He was trying to say "Muh-Ther" and Bruce got it as "Martha".

actually, "seiv marr-thull" is kryptonian for fuck you faggot.

>The way it was delivered was outright retarded. The concept is fine.

This. makes me laugh chris stuckmann somehow thought his 2 page script was gonna make this scene better.

that image is fucking retarded

the empire killing planets and superman destroying buildings are not comparable at all. one is collateral, one is the desired effect.

batman fanboys cant take the fact that batman is a little playboy with mommy issues