You can't deny Zack Snyder's Genuis

Justice League will be his magnum opus.
Seven Samurai of the cape genre.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L8kVaCUKW94
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you liked MoS and BvS I'm certain you'll enjoy Justice League

If not I can't recommend it

Wow epic. Finally a smart flick for smart viewers.

Antz>Bug's Life

Snyder is going to make Kurosawa look like an amateur. Can't wait.

I never use the word "pretentious", but that quote is quite literally the definition of being pretentious

>making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing)
>expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature

Whoa. Such a genius.

Woody Allen's ant was molesting larvae the whole time.

Lois will die in Justice League, causing superman to lose his shit. Screencap this.

Imagine if in BvS instead of Superman crying out for Martha that Lois gets stabbed trying to protect Clark, the wound isn't fatal but it's enough to make Bruce recoil in horror at what he's done.

she was asking for it

The director is describing his own movie as "awesome"

how low can one go really

That certainly takes a genius to namedrop Seven Samurai, even the only thing they have in common is a bunch of strangers coming together, but that's never been done before outside of Kurosawa so Justice League must be on the same level, right?

BvS has many visual references to Excalibur.

Justice League will also callback on Seven Samurai.

Just u watch u marvel cuck. Go watch Thor and leave real kino to chads

Your like a little baby

>Justice League will also callback on Seven Samurai.

But that's just plain retarded if you throw I'M RICH quips and jokes around, and in the next moment you try to callback the Seven Samurai and be all serious all of a sudden.
If I told you Thor will have a 2001:A Space Odyssey callback/homage in the movie, would you think it's an automatically better movie*

Tarantino already made a shitty flick influenced by Seven Samurai, I don't see anyone calling him a genius for it.

>implying one of the hallmarks of Kurosawa's movies outside of the Tragedies wasn't slapstick and jokes on top of the dramatic and hyper-stylistic stuff

You haven't even seen Seven Samurai you fucking hack.

H A C K S N Y D E R

This is interesting, because in Seven Samurai they are only six and the 7th member is actually not a Samurai and joined them in the final arc. Still hoping the Green Lantern is the 7th..lol

kek

>DC literally copied a Bugs Life for JUST leage

I don't get it. How are they the same?

>A director should not be proud of his product
fucking retard

The kino trilogy continues

But Kurosawa used innocent situational humor which never broke the tone of the film and was in line with the narrative (there are no jokes while they are defending the village), not the blatant shoved in *wink wink do you get it hehe* quipage which makes no sense in terms of the narrative as we saw in the trailer.

>reviewing a film based on a trailer
These marlels keep dropping lower and lower every day

dude, have you actually seen any kurosawa films?

Is this the DCEU general?

youtube.com/watch?v=L8kVaCUKW94

If your primary take from Seven Samurai was "a bunch of good guys get together and beat up the bad guys" then you might've missed a fucking thing or two

>Marvel
Ok, based on our focus surveys, we really should have this much humor and this much action and this much drama so you go direct that

>Snyder
Fuck it, let's make it like Seven Samurai

Can he be more of /our guy/?

Kurosawa was the greatest director who ever lived, he had mastered all forms of the medium. His movies are quite different from one another.

Zack "Kurosawa" Snyder

I can't tell what's bait anymore

>every leaguer dies in the end
Kino

no he wasn't, and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, especially here

I'm not him. Three wrongs in one post, not your day, huh?

kek when you out it that way

mistakes happen, and yet, if you think Kurosawa is the best director of all time, then you really are a fucking pleb

it's the answer a 15 year old would give when trying to sound intelligent.

Zack is about as opposite to Kurosawa as you can get in his film making approach.
This will be The Magnificent Seven (2016) tier at best.

care to elaborate on that?

Does this guy think he's real attractive or something? God nothing more off putting then someone doing these try-hard poses and failing.

>it's the answer a 15 year old would give when trying to sound intelligent.

so basically ?

Go to bed, Snyder

yeah pretty much, though at least it will cover one of his better films

I don't really have to. Just watch MoS or BvS, and then watch Seven Samurai to see how on another level Kurosawa is, and how no mimicry on Snyder's part is going to match that. Want to take it further? Watch the new Magnificent Seven (based on the original Americanized Seven Samurai movie) to get something much closer to Znyder's approach as a film maker.

>characters are all standing facing left
>Must be because it draws inspiration from the Seven Samurai!
Wow

>comparing shit league with the brilliant Seven Samurai
You capeshiters need to stop.

Sure, if Seven Samurai was actually about the Samurai and not the villagers

Sort of how Fried Green Tomatoes like would've been Star Wars had it just been set in a space war

>I don't really have to
yes you really do
> Just watch MoS or BvS, and then watch Seven Samurai to see how on another level Kurosawa is
I see very interesting and experimental takes on the genre which, while flawed, are some of the best of the genre.

I then see one of Kurosawas best films, but have no clue on how i'm expected to compare and contrast the two.

Both directors have/had successfully built their own cinematic language and both have recurring themes that reflect in their films.

Kurosawa at his best is a much better director then Snyder sure, but he is still a highly competent auteur in his own right.

>Watch the new Magnificent Seven (based on the original Americanized Seven Samurai movie)
Wow user, i never knew the basis for 'The magnificent seven', next will you be able to tell me the original story archetype for Yojimbo?

>yes you really do
No, not really. Because I don't want to do your homework for you, and don't really care if you remain cinematically illiterate. It's up to you if you want to read up on cinematography and screenwriting 101, Kurosawa and his film making methods, and than contrast that to Snyder's and Antoine Fuqua (and really, that of modern Hollywood and their production methods), and see if you agree with me that everything these people should have learned from the director they so admire is lacking in their methodology.

You pleb, there's nothing experimental in Snyder's work, his visual style is just mimicking what directors like the Wachowskis, Robert Rodriguez, D'el Toro and Nolan have done.

Show me one director that wasn't influenced by prior work.

Justice League 2 will be his 2001: A Space Odyssey

Hello?

>just mimicking what directors like the Wachowskis, Robert Rodriguez, D'el Toro and Nolan
absolute bullshit. The closest you could come is comparing usage of slow-mo.

Of course there's grounds for inspiration, but how in any fucking way does nolan's style reflect upon snyder?

>No, not really. Because I don't want to do your homework for you
if you make a sparse claim you should at least be able to back it up.

>It's up to you if you want to read up on cinematography and screenwriting 101, Kurosawa and his film making methods
I'm 100% certain that i know more about Kurosawa's films and his technical process then you do judging by your posts so far.

>and see if you agree with me that everything these people should have learned from the director they so admire is lacking in their methodology.
Snyder has stated that there is a vibe of Seven Samurai as he spends most of the film gathering the members to starve of the invading threat. There's been no feat of trying to emulate his actual techniques.

Do you know where Kurosawa legitimately got a majority of his ideas from? If not you should look it up.

Props for actually taking the time to shut down those Marvel idiots. I'm too tired to do even that these days.

thank you, though in fairness i'm beginning to tire of both sides, most dc fans don't actually get into discussion and just spend the entire thread shooting down any negative opinion. And dont get me started on the faggot upset over the Kirby art in the new thor film

Though in reality he's just using fallacies to shut down any hopes of an actual discussion.

>Show me one director that wasn't influenced by prior work.

I mean, THAT'S your main argument? That's what's supposed to invalidate everything that's been said thus far? Fucking lol

that wasn't me, please actually take the time to read my posts and learn to discern that anyone posting under anonymous, is not the same person

Neither has Snyder.

I don’t even know who's trolling who anymore

DC fans eat this shit up too. Zack Snyder is a chad masquerading as an artist. All he does is recreate images. Nigga has no substance. Talking about a seven samurai influence meanwhile this nigga has 20 Turkish Airline cameos planned for the film. Fucking hack.

that would be statisfying indeed. but then they would reset everything anyway and make Justice League 2-3-4 and 5

You're the idiotic marvel here, your blindness love for a hack is laughable, it shows your immaturity and lack of understanding of what film making really is, perhaps one day when you're older you'll understand.

THE BIGGEST SINCE THE SILENT ERA

All you capeshit niggers need to fuck off back to Sup Forums, Reddit, and Twitter. Fucking newfags, all you underages need to be euthanized

This.

kill yourself

You niggas will never learn, he's done after this one so hopefully the dceu can be salvaged

>it's predictabaly terrible
So...this is the power of Marvel shills

woah....

You first buddy.

>t. Assblasted Redditor

The JL trailer was terrible, though. Not even normies liked it.

When you can't even trick the normies into coming to your movie with a well cut trailer anymore, it's over.

>fans claim they will never be fooled again

This is no longer accurate because no matter how bad the movie is, DC fans are convinced it is a masterpiece.

>The JL trailer was terrible, though. Not even normies liked it.
source?

DELET

Judging from the trailer, all of this will mean jackshit. JL will probably have the league fighting some shitty cgi fodder army with all the members spewing shitty quips just like avengers. It's just going to end up being capeshit and nothing more. Making homages to superior works of fiction or using obvious symbolism is the laziest trick you can use to fool your audience into thinking a movie is somehow "deep" or "smart". Guess that's how the low the standards are for capeshit

Marvel shill and his buddy upset there

Whatever you say, newfag

>D'el
L'el

Waw
Rlly maks u thincc

Fuck off cuck
Seven Samurai wasn't even that good compared to Man of Steel

nice bait marlel

>a bunch of strangers coming together, but that's never been done before outside of Kurosawa
I hope you are joking

Means absolutely nothing when it comes from a studio puppet

He is attractive.He has a nice chin,a good face structure and a nice hairline.He is leagues above you most likely.Specially if you are not white

>seven samurai
>theres 6 guys on the cover

can japs even count

>I never use the word "pretentious"
I believe you

KI FUCKING NO.

>Referencing other good movies makes a movie good

L O L

What is nolan's style? like seriously... does that guy have even a bit of style? it's bland as fuck. He can't even come close to snyder with his inferior craft

>BvS has many visual references to Excalibur
I'm starting to believe there's an even more subtle reference to Excalibur built into the myth arc.

Merlin: The days of our kind are numberèd. The one God comes to drive out the many gods. The spirits of wood and stream grow silent. It's the way of things. Yes... it's a time for men, and their ways

What we're about to witness is the inversion of that sentiment, a new age of myths and heroes

>snyderfags think all their haters are nolanfags

>Bruce Wayne is having to go out and sort of 'Seven Samurai' the Justice League together
yeah, because Bruce Wayne is like a poor farmer who had to scrape together a paltry sum of rice to bribe the warriors to defend a group of innocent villagers from a threat.

oh wait, no. Bruce Wayne doesn't have to beg anyone, he's fucking Batman. Oh wait, he has loads of crash, so really no one has any reason to turn down his offer. Oh wait, there is no threat to anyone in any of the trailers, so there's no real reason to assemble in the first place.

Cheese and rice, Zack Snyder is the biggest hack since M Night Shymalan.

they are just fighting ANOTHER MINDLESS DRONE ARMY like Avengers did 6 years ago

if you enjoyed shit before you will like this new piece of shit

The problem with Batman vs. Superman is that much of the plot doesn't pass the "so what" test. Like Lois's investigation of Lex's mercenaries and their special Lex-branded bullets. An absurd scheme to frame Superman for wrecking an African village which leads to Superman being summoned to court. But so what? The courtroom is blown up before Superman says a word and the entire subplot is never mentioned again. Lex tries to prejudice Batman and Superman against one another by stealing disability checks and sharing articles about Batman branding criminals. So what? The fight is eventually staged by simply kidnapping Superman's mom, rendering Lex's preceding machinations completely pointless. Abysmal storytelling and an unforgiveable waste of time in a movie that despite a bloated 3+ hours length, can't even spare a few minutes to give Superman more than 42 lines or squeeze in scenes for Wonder Woman to talk to anyone other than Bruce Wayne.

In contrast, Marvel's Civil War is a masterpiece of efficient storytelling. Batman vs Superman struggles to effectively tell a story about a couple of superheroes, one villain and a love interest. Civil War manages to credibly weave over a dozen heroes into a tightly-focused story, two of whom are main characters, half of which are properly developed and characterised and all of whom, even the "guest stars", get something cool to say or do. Even Falcon gets more dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in his own movie! "Quip"-filled though it may be, the conversations in Civil War flow like real banter between real people, and do a good job of conveying the personalities of the characters. Zack Snyder seems to believe a few pompous pronouncements and Biblical motifs are enough to secure the audiences empathy with his heroes. But they aren't. Hence Batman vs Superman's 27% RT score, Razzie award, and failure to reach $1bn despite starring the two biggest names in the comic book industry.

My favorite part about this pasta is that it's true.

>the two biggest names in the comic book industry.
Spider-Man is a bigger name than Superman or Batman