Why was Prometheus so incredibly inelegant, in terms of plot, narrative, and thematic elements...

Why was Prometheus so incredibly inelegant, in terms of plot, narrative, and thematic elements, in comparison to all other Alien films?

>Alien franchise
>elegant

fucking r scott, first prometheus sucks, then stop the movie of the guy of chappie fuck you r scott

I didn't say it was elegant. I said Prometheus was incredibly inelegant even COMPARED to the other ones. This means that it was LESS elegant.

You are stupid, but that doesn't mean other people can't be more stupid.

Trying too hard to be good. The line from This Is Spinal Tap isn't a joke

seriously can someone explain this picture? does it make any fucking sense whatsoever? is it deep "kino" I'm not getting?

would a prometheus beat up a predator?

>seriously can someone explain this picture?
what is there to be explained?
its a simplified chart, it couldnt be more simple

maybe predator is that squid plus human

>artwork by Carlos Poon
>Poon

>all other

lol

what is the black rectangle shit?
what is a zombie shit?
why males and felames differ?
what is female + rectangle?
how can alien get +squid if you need female for squid?

Ingenier + Goo = human
Goo + human = mutant
Mutant + human = Vaginomorph
Vg + Ingenier = Neo Xeno

>Ingenier
Holy shit.

Fuck you English is not my native tongue and I'm very tired.

did you watch prometheus?
what is the black rectangle shit?
the black renglangle shit = the vase containing the black goo found in the planet
>what is a zombie shit?
the zombie shit is the zombie shit, pic related
>why males and felames differ?
females and males differ because males cant have human babies
>what is female + rectangle?
we can only speculate, we didnt see the direct result of a female human exposed to the black goo in the movie, we may assume that female zombie would be the end result.
>how can alien get +squid if you need female for squid?
because aliens reproduce in other ways than humans, aliens can hug your face and plant their seed inside a living organism.

First off, the origins story of life on Earth was eye-rolling at best.
The concept was ok for science-fiction but the fact that the space jockeys resemble humans THAT much was plain stupid.
The whole thing from the start seemed like it was written by pic related.
And then there was the stupidity and tropes that went along the science crew that im not gonna bother listing.
Also, OPs pic, while being too simplistic, the ideas are there and they look like something taken from a fan fiction

Don't worry about it pham. It's spelt "Engineer", in case you wanted to know.

>spelt

>what is British english?

>being american

maybe watch the fucking movie?

I don't get it, what's wrong with that?

We speak American on this bored.

Retarded.
>Replace more complicated Latinate words with shittier, monosyllabic English ones

>whine when someone takes out vestigial 'u's from words that don't need them

You speak like retards

The first bit at least is wrong, the stuff the Engineer drinks in the beginning is clearly a different substance or formula than the weaponized black goo encountered later.

Yes, at least according to the Fire and Stone comics.
Predator needed an assist to win the fight.

I think ever since G.I. Jane, Scott has been insecure about being seen as competent but lacking artistic merit. Problem is, he's over-compensating and now he's barely even seen as competent.

I know a lot of us remember Gladiator fondly, but in hindsight it really was the first step in a downward spiral.

Looks the same thought