gov.uk/tv-licence
youtube.com/watch?v=B2grsB1uaAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Be TV license inspector
>Ask to be permitted entry to someone's home to check for television
>They say no
>Sigh and leave

Every fucking time I swear to god

>Got my letter through yesterday and it's £147/year.
>They say that they are going to start their investigation on the 27th of this month.
What do?

> Be American
> Get shot

>connect a console or DVD player to the TV
>remove any cables that allow you to watch tv
So when they come and check, you just say you use the tv for playing or watching movies on the dvd.

>WE KNOW YOU HAVE A TV, YOU BETTER PAY INTO THE SYSTEM AND SUPPORT SHITTY BBC SHOWS UNLESS YOU AREN'T WATCHING DVDS
>GET A LIFE, BIN THAT KNIFE
>FIREARMS!?
>ALLAH ACKBAR

Just bought my first one. Usually don't watch TV at all but I got a year of free Sky with my TV.

I felt really fucking dirty getting one but I won't be one of those screb-ends you see on Youtube filming the people just doing their jobs.

LMAO, what are they gonna do about it

Yeah, it's rough. The van pulled up in my street the other week about 0230, I was shitting bricks even though I'd paid. We all had to file out and wait in the street while the inspection officers did their work. Cold and pissing it down.

The seized about a dozen illegal television sets and bagged my neighbour for licence violations. Finally they let us go around 0800. Not seen my neighbour since though.

>be British
>get killed my muslim

Reminder that the license is only required if you plan to receive signal through the aerial. Nothing stopping you from having 7 T.V's all connected to games consoles and there is absolutely nothing they can do. Thats why pic in annoys me.

>Be American
>Import subpar British comedians to berate your Country

We are we_ so pathetic?

Why is the rest of Europe so quiet in these threads?

It's like watching Demolition Man

Tell them you don't watch TV. That's literally the only thing you have to do

Wrong. Portugal doesn't have a license fee.

>It's a liars pretend they don't pay the TV licence, or what's more likely they still live with their parents who pay it, to sound rebellious on an anonymous chinese cartoon forum episode

Mexico, Canada, German, and Britain are pretty obese, Mexico being worse than the US, but we're still Amerifats.

Sometimes you just have to roll with the bantz

Will sky grass me up? Got sky Q installed recently

Most of germans cable costs are woven into rent also the cable companys have no way of finding out if you are using cable illegaly or not so no one really cares about it

t someone who worked for a cable company

no

Well, that I don't know.

> Be American
> Be so terrified of brown people that you vote for an illiterate buffoon just because he promises to get rid of them
> Claim to be "Home of the Brave"

wtf i dont understand
why would you need a license to view a tv?
wtf is wrong with these faggots?
is there an actual reason for this?

ignore it

they will keep sending them, If they ask to come it say its not your house and they don't get back around 9pm

enter the bureaucrats the true rulers of the republic

BBC is funded by it, and you have to pay in whether you watch their channels or not.

it's to pay the blacks queers and retards at the beeb

>just so you know.

That's some truly scary shut bongs. What the fuck is the deal with this? The government is basically threatening you.

is TV licensing a real thing or a meme I am so confused

And yet the guy was arrested without being shot dead, so what's so funny? If it was America the police would have panicked and shot him 50 times and accidentally hit 9 bystanders.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Empire_State_Building_shooting

>be british
>see this every night

That's basically the whole point. If you don't pay your license we will find out.
It's as real as the no singles policy

>be British
>be so fucking retarded that you are constantly protecting the same people who are murdering and raping you daily

>britkeks actually defend this

>Be British
>Every show I watch has campy acting, cheesy music, shit humor and all the male characters are closet fags

>it's an user is projecting episode

>be american your entire life
>still havent gotten shot

*torrents Netflix*

you mad?

That's fine I don't think it's in sky's interests to grass their own customers up.
Do you know about the methods of detection they say they have?
I think I have a chance to avoid them because my living room where the TV sits is on the 2nd floor.

Spotted the paki

wait wtf. wow growing up in aus was a damn privilege then. why the fuck would you need a license for a television

>50°56'12.6"N
>1°54'27.6"E
>britain

>england

This is like penis inspection day, right? You don't actually have to have a TV license, right?

It's a public broadcast tax basically. It funds the public broadcaster, the BBC. Without public broadcasting the only TV produced would be what caters to the market, the lowest common denominator. With public broadcasting you can get educational TV and more. Content that wouldn't get funded by profit orientated organisations manage to get funding. It's for the public good.

What's the problem here?

The license money goes directly to the state -run BBC, who need taxpayer pounds in order to force DIVERSITY and LGBTQIA programs into British homes.
Constant pro Muslim immigration propaganda isn't cheap, user.

their investigation is literally just sending more letters and possibly someone to knock on your door. Just ignore both

>So when they come and check, you just say you...

you just don't answer the door, or tell them you're busy and they can't come in right now, or tell them you're not the owner of the house and they can't come in until 'the owner' is home. Don't try any of that 'I'm withdrawing your implied right of access, don't come back ever' type stuff because that partly gives them justification for a warrant

if you've got a satellite dish clearly visible then they MIGHT use that as evidence to get a warrant to search your house.

That's what I mean though. How are you guys ok with this? I dont understand how there hasnt been some mass event aimed at getting rid of tv licensing for good. Surely the majority of bongs can't be ok with this, especially when they start threatening you like on these public ads? I'm just shocked I guess that's there's not more public outrage but I guess people feel there's more important shit to worry about and honestly they're not wrong.

Ok no counter arguments then, I was right

cheers

Guess you'll reply to this post with some inane immature ad hominem too :^)

>be british
>say mean words
>get arrested

gov.uk/tv-licence

You mean France fatty

real talk you can ignore forever and 99%+ of people will never have anything happen but of course they hae to make an example out of someone. To be honest I think the bigger problem is being unable to afford 12 pounds a month for a tv license. Sure it's an annoying expense but fuck man I hope you're making eonugh money to be able to afford it. (not to mention if you live with others u can just split the cost)

>be british
>have a stick in your house
>get arrested

>Racially abusing someone in the street should be perfectly ok
Yup, how to spot an alt right teenager.

>bbc
>not appealing to the lowest common denominator
The problem is the BBC is shite and I shouldn't have to pay for a company that doesn't produce programming that I watch or enjoy

>be british
>ride motorcycle
>police state seizes your property

That's one less stick some criminal has. Good. Also it doesn't say he arrested for having a stick, does it? Learn to read.

they're just good at manipulating and scaring ignorant people. They DO have a list of every address with a license, so they then subtract these from their database of all addresses to get the ones without a license.

also it's a private company contracted by the BBC

BBC is publicly funded and broadcast worldwide. It's not funded by adverts and is non-partisan in accordance with it's charter.

It's in something of a unique place being a quasi-state-run TV channel but generally puts out decent content (particularly news and documentaries) and exporting it overseas.

It's real and they literally send around goons to harass you if you don't pay it
youtube.com/watch?v=B2grsB1uaAE

I don't have an Ariel or satellite

so I don't know, they just spam me for years

uk tv is garbage and haven't watched it in 5 years, I don't want uninvited guests who think the have the right to enter my house

I have heard about some inspectors just flat out lying if they see a monitor

>be british
>safe and protected from dangerous bike wheels

BBC, is cucked and doesn't reflect the interests of its native populace.

There's a lot of people who are annoyed about it, and a lot of papers get outraged when people get locked up or anything for not paying it, but it's like paying to park in hospitals or things like that, it's annoying, few people agree with it, but not enough people care enough to do anything about it.

I refuse to believe you're not baiting. That's a fucking broken broom.

are there no independent broadcasters over there you could be picking up?

>""""non-partisan""""

>be british
>say something mean on the internet
>get arrested

Public broadcasting is for the good of the nation. It educates the populace and helps foster the public good with broadcasting that wouldn't get funded by private organisations.

Choosing to not watch or enjoy it is your problem. It benefits society as a whole, you are part of that society, ergo you pay the tax as per the social contract of the nation state.

The main debate about the BBC in recent years is whether it's gone beyond its remit as a public broadcaster and veered too much towards typical private broadcaster territory.

If you reply with "le muslim cuck broadcasting diversity bad!!!" consider yourself filtered.

Poortugal aren't on that graph.

Nah you got it wrong

>be an absolute runt
>ride on canal paths and through alleys on motorcycle
>ride through private forests
>ride down the same street over and over again pulling wheelies without a helmet
>police seize it

If the bike in your picture was anything other than a dirt bike, I could see your point, but chavs stealing/riding dirt bikes through kids parks and down footpaths and tearing up the ground is a good reason to seize them and it's something that happens often

that's why you don't answer your door, don't let them in, don't talk to them '''under caution''' and certainly don't sign anything

Most channels are indepndent broadcasters, but you have to pay for the BBC to get them, even if you don't watch the BBC. It's a very flawed system.

least when our officers are bored they do shit like this instead of killing your dog or shooting your son

Wow, really using the word "cuck" in 2017? Cringe. Grow up. :)

>be british
>go to cut a bite of stewed rat shit, a staple of the illustrious british cuisine
>police break down your door
>arrested for possession of dangerous weapons

this is actually a load of bollocks because if that were true they wouldnt need to put these shitty ads out to scare people into getting tv licences.

>successfully apprehended the suspect without any injuries instead of shooting him dead like in the US
Yeah, what an embarrassment.

no wonder your soldiers are beheaded in the streets by knife wielding somalians

t. Tony Hall

>le be american get shot is supposed to be an argument

Ok paki

>non-partisan

>be amerilard
>have an advertisement every 10 mins
>have shit comedy shows
>have shit drama shows
>have no independent journalism, every major news outlet is in someone's pocket
>get shot by nigger
>go to hospital
>left to die outside the building because no insurance
>that'll be 1000 dollars for the ambulance ride sir.

OHH SAY CAN YOU SEE

I love how you greentext these is a totally non-bias and reasonable way user.

Yes, truly it's a police state because some cunt who was pissing off the entire neighbourhood got his toy confiscated.

Kek The UK is a flamboyant version of 1984

pls give us £145 tv makes you smart I swear

forgot about that internet thing

>be British
>get arrested for your Bat'leth
>get your house dishonored

>be british
>oi u bettah watch wot u say lad, or its off tew da dungeons wiv u innit?

see at this stage the tv licensing people have managed to get a warrant, so prior to this the occupant has done something stupid like admitting to their agent that he was breaking the law, or maybe he was seen watching live tv etc

he shouldn't have let it get to that stage

kek you tell him bro!

the queen needs more money for corgis.

I'm disgusted by the coercive strategies they use to get people to pay up. I believe they contract it to debt collectors which is a pretty shitty practice.

I do feel I get value for money with the TV licence, however. I'd spin the same thing back at you and ask how are you ok with watching equal quantities of adverts when you watch a TV show?

This whole meme exists because they used the word license instead of tax. The BBC is a publicly funded tv network. Public services are paid with taxes. Understand now?

This is the sort of shit that caused the American Revolution. You limey fucks need freedom.

It's just words you fucking sandnigger, but keep samefagging ITT and defending all this insane shit

Obviously if you don't watch tv at all you don't need to pay it right?