Escape From New York is a better sci-fi than any Star Wars...

Escape From New York is a better sci-fi than any Star Wars. And please don't call Star Wars a fucking 'space opera" I will punch you.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL309DA723B2D26228
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Space opera, bitch

A lot of movies are a better sci fi than Star Wars. Star Wars didn't start exploiting the whole sci fi thing until the prequels.

a scope on a silencer on a uzi.

Now that's somethin

That's fine because Star Wars is a fantasy series.

Neegan also used the same gun prop recently

Exactly. Star Wars isn't Sci-Fi

Hollywood made loads of awesome movies in the 80's.

>them Adrienne Barbeau titties

Mmmmmmm.

please don't call Star Wars a fucking 'sci-fi" I will punch you

who?

No, this is a Space Opera

so the red prostitute in the middle is the space jesus of this show?

Sacrilege

batman

just watched this after it popped up on netflix

I remember Aqua Teen Hunger Force used the phrase "duke of new york A-#1" and I thought it was just some nonsense phrase they made up

I would frequently quote it in a meatwad voice.

That's a MAC-10

What do you anons think of the sequel?

Star wars is space fantasy.
t./tg/

"space opera" is not a term of praise. It's a term for a story that could take place in any time period and science fiction is simply being used as window dressing and/or a plagiarism dodge.

the only reason people started thinking its a good thing is because literal retards heard the term and thought "space = good, opera = good, space opera = doubleplus good!"

Star Wars is fantasy

Being a better sci-fi than Star Wars is like being a better meal than a toast sandiwich.

It's fiction built around science.

It's science fiction.

only good part is the ending, honestly.

That's not what science fiction means and you know it.

It should be and you know it

It's a MAC-10

Daily reminder that John Carpenter is a hack for copying Walking Dead

>star wars
>sci fi
>space opera

it's just fantasy wtf

I mean Star Wars sucks hard but Escape From NY isn't that great either. One of Carpenter's weakest that I've seen.

> Escape From NY isn't that great either. One of Carpenter's weakest that I've seen.

Why is it not science fiction?

Everything is explained by science

Looks like a MAC-10

It's absolutely one of his weakest. It's just silly and pretty uninteresting. I have no idea how it's such a cult object.

The Thing, The Fog, Christine, In the Mouth of Madness, etc are miles better.

It's a MAC 10

I think it's a MAC-10 actually.

"Space opera" isn't just anything with sci-fi style window dressing, it's specially large scale. Star Wars is space opera because they blow up a whole planet. You need overpowered weapons and huge battle scenes for it to count as space opera. Star Wars gets that right.

research shows its a MAC-10

>Actually trying to aim
>Not just spraying from the hip like Snake

weak

Pretty sure it's a MAC-10

She's an angel
Seriously. I'm not even fucking with you.

Nah. Village of the Damned, Ghost of Mars, The Fog, Prince of Darkness. All worse.

Looks like a MAC-11

>he didn't know that it was a MAC-10

literally neck yourself.

It's not an "uzi," it's a MAC-10.

It's not a "silencer," it's a suppressor.

It's not a "scope," it's a telescopic sight.

It's not "somethin," it's a magazine.

>uzi
>silencer

no it's a gun you dumbass

The Fog is easily one of his best you gigantic pleb

>Red Foreman's fucking pissed

lol still a ridiculous weapon either way.

everyone read what I have to say.

it's a Mac 10

That's nice but it's an uzi.

The NUMBER ONE gun in American crime!

MAC-10

millennial spotted!

It's just an uzi with an extended clip.

I dropped it when Snake was tied up walking on an exercise treadmill on worldwide television then I dropped it again when Snake went surfing.

The Thing and Halloween are the only genuinely good John Carpenter movies. The rest are so bad they're good while being pretty untenable for the average viewer

Star Wars is Science Fantasy u dip

Assault on Precinct 13 is so red-pill. The POLICE are getting MILITARY WEAPONS to use on the PEOPLE so the WHITES, BLACKS, LATINOS, & ASIANS must come together to steal the weapons and use them against the treasonous populace and police that no longer live by the CONSTITUTION.

>tfw when you were a kid and you actually cared for that super skanky chick at the beginning of the movie that wanted Snake to take care of her.

It's a fucking children's story.

time for you to go back

>tfw we will never get an Escape from NY game made by Rockstar

Ohhhhh, I get it. This is the guy from the Walking Dead thread that didn't know it was Snake's gun that Negan was holding.

It's a MAC-10 retard

Big trouble in little China is true Carpenkino. Not this metal gear solid rip off shit.

Escape is bad sci-fi. It failed to predict any future trends for the era it was spoofing.

Violent crime dropped from its highs in the 1970s to record lows in the 90s and kept dropping.

Good sci-fi has a kernel of truth to it, which Escape from New York never had.

Star Wars is a science fantasy movie that never bothered with hard science fiction concepts. Merely using them as props. Its just a good guy vs bad guy movie with spaceships.

Fuck Escape From LA! I'm talking about the true sequel.
m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL309DA723B2D26228

>MUH SYMBOLISM

Sci-fi stuff
>light swords
>space travel
>laser armaments

Fantasy stuff
>long, long time ago
>swords
>magic
>follows the hero's cycle

Maybe it's just a mix of both

iirc it's a MAC-10

yes. this is why is a space opera

I wonder if someone show this on autists on /k/ how long it will take for someone to make suppressor pinned down so it don't lose zero and drill mounting holes for revolver scope.on some some pistol like the new cz scopion just for the lulz.

wow are those two couples on the right COUPLES

is that guy with the knife a VIOLENT PERSON

the fog is literally shit, not even memeing

>wow are those two couples on the right COUPLES
Actually only one of those couples is a couple.

>is that guy with the knife a VIOLENT PERSON
not particularly

Sci fi/fantasy

None of you faggots wanna post more of op's girl in the background? look at that impressive rack

God that movie sucked... I watched it cause it was supposedly a classic and it inspired a lot of the Metal Gear franchise, which I love, but this movie was way too boring.

she's a butterface, and that movie was from the 70s or 80s. She's a cryptkeeper by now. See all that make up? Yeah, she definitely aged horribly.

thank you /k/omrade

fuck, source?