Anime cannot be kin-

Anime cannot be kin-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tHU56GWuNWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This was proven almost 60 years ago, user.

memes aside, i don't understand why an animated film couldn't be equally as good as a live action film.

Anime can never be kino. Even the so-called "great" ones do not so much as graze the aesthetic and philosophical heights of cinema and literature. It's a trash genre made for East Asian teenagers and white manchildren with short attention spans.

Saw it in the theater yesterday.

The random J-pop music videos sprinkled throughout it, completely breaking the flow and tone the movie is going for, hold it back from being a potentially great movie.

That, and the confusing nature of the time travel elements, and the timeline of events in general.

Western adults are incredibly small minded an only associate animation with either children's entertainment or comedy. It can never be truly considered a mature medium in their eyes.

youtube.com/watch?v=tHU56GWuNWk

well, that one isn't for sure

you don't understand because "live action film" means hollywood blockbusters to you.

People with higher cinematic IQ disagree with you
Even the director himself disagrees with you, Sup Forums

I just assume the time travel elements follow the Back to the Future set of rules,ie, alterations to the past will effect the present.

Tried watching this earlier, but beginning was just too fuckin' anime.

Is it worth pushing through?

>"live action film" means hollywood blockbusters to you.
You can say that if it makes you feel better, but it won't make it come true.

No just watch freaky friday

it's good but these meme threads are cancer
only the anime OP at the beginning is a little strange and gives away the plot/ending but it's well done anyway
if you didn't get the plot even on your first watch you must have brain problems, I'm sorry.

reminder that Ping Pong the Animation is absolute kino

Story was fucking garbage. GARBAGE. Characters were also dull and lacking any unique qualities. Music was good, some of the backgrounds were breathtaking, but that's really it.

I understand the plot, I just think it's the stuff introduced after Taki drinks the sake is a bit contrived.

>tfw arrived at the theatre late and missed the opening song sequence
>watched first part when I got home
>realized I probably made the movie better for myself by not seeing that part

What did she mean by this?

What is End of Evangelion?