Why does this show think it has to constantly name drop and make references to surface level pop culture icons?

Why does this show think it has to constantly name drop and make references to surface level pop culture icons?

because it triggers autistic people

>constantly

look up the definition of this word please

you'd have a stroke watching Archer

Its not a show for people with autism

How many threads do you need, fucking turd?

It's basically what South Park clumsily tried to parody with Memberberries. Basically I KNOW THING THAT MAKE BRAIN HAPPY. I'm guilty indulging in it some time, but it's frustrating when the entire comedic structure is centered on it.

It's like they just HAVE to tell us that Rick listens to Elliot Smith.

it's not that heavy on the pop culture references
but I guess it helps to keep the normies interested

Well I guess now that I think of it Memberberries were more about franchise reboots. It's a similar sentiment though. Dearth of creativity --> recycled ideas.

is season 3 out yet

These are things I know.

SHIT ON THE FLOOR

The whole episode was a tribute to tortured artists like Smith. Tiny Rick is incredibly popular for making art and music that is a blatant cry for help but none of his admirers intervene because there's this barrier between the artist and the performer that could be the feeling of not wanting to interfere with an artistic process you don't understand that could ruin the art you love, the selfishly cathartic pleasure of seeing the oncoming train of addiction hurdle towards the artist and wanting to just watch it happen, or just plain indifference. This happens time and time again: a brilliant new voice emerges with an expression of pain at the human condition then we the listeners identify, applaud, and go home.

>between the artist and the audience
Fuck

Reddit gold.

I WANT SUM OF DAT MULAN SZECHUAN SAUCE ANYONE ELSE AGREE

faggot shitposter

Woah
Can I retweet this?

The show doesn't have to last forever. Who gives a shit if a few references don't make sense in thirty years? It's more important that the show is funny now.

Also, and more importantly: it's a show made in America for American audiences, friendo. It's going to contain a little American culture. Sorry about that.

you are unironically a faggot

But I've only been ironically sucking cocks my whole life!