What does Sup Forums think of this?

>DUDE WEED LMAO
Personally i liked it, especially in my 2nd watch

it was complete garbage
>b-but user, its a meta-movie-ab-
I dont even watch that many horror movie so really, it was fucking garbage for me

I like the way it integrated the unknown into being part of an office job

Very clever horror commentary, definitely better on repeat viewings when you know where it's going

reddit: the flick

>commentary
>usual teen do stupid shit with horror elements flick

One of the most reddit flicks I've ever seen. It's a flick with delusions of being a film.

>"Dude, have you ever noticed that in horror movies, the slut dies?"

Scream did this in the 90s, and it wasn't clever then either. If this film were a person, it would be that teenager who has just discovered Sam Harris, and thinks he's a free-thinking intellectual for being an atheist.

It was blatantly obvious where it was going, even on the first viewing. Why do people think that this flick is somehow clever and unpredictable? Every reveal is telegraphed from miles away.

Bravo Joss

every fuckin time this movie is brought up

alright flick let down by a shitty meme ending

well they give away the behind the scenes stuff from the start so obviously it's not that unpredictable. that doesn't mean the movie is bad tho

You're an insufferable cunt

Is there a more reddit screenwriter than Joss Whedon?

Jeez, so sensitive.

>he has retarded personal beliefs and this makes him a bad screenwriter

WHY do we keep discussing this movie nearly every day? It isn't noteworthy yet somebody posts a thread about that fucking movie every day.

have you considered for a moment the possibility that it is noteworthy and you're just too much of a pleb to realize it?

loved it.

they absolutely nailed the happy-go-lucky teen friends thing.

and the idea of a government agency whose mission is to keep the Elder Gods satiated is pretty neato.

at first i thought that the people in the facility were working as technicians in hell.

I get that it's a nebulous criticism, but the film just seems so pretentious to me. It's fine to make a horror parody or meta-horror movie, but it seems like the film thinks it's so much more clever than it actually is, and it comes across as obnoxious to me. I'm not really all that familiar with Whedon, but one complaint I've often heard from detractors is that he's a smug writer. After seeing this flick, I gotta agree.

Its decent.

Actually its above decent considering i do not generally like movies and this one stuck with me.

No, his crappy scripts make him a bad screenwriter. His cuck status is just icing on the reddit cake.

reddit but still pretty good

>slut dies

it explores the broad archeo-mythological precepts inherent in our enculturalization of religious institutions, and the means by which man finds himself as an atomized element of the post-modern diaspora of familial spiritual tradition. this is a socio-economic exegesis of political movements which aim at the transmutation of warfare and the outsourcing of our violent tendencies to beurocratic abstractions, revealing finally in the end the completion of the hero cycle through a animus/anima syzygy that assumes the role of the 'drowned god', as the divine marriage consummates the creative destruction, beautifully summarized in the final words of this masterpiece: lets let someone else have a turn. although this is an apology for pathological altruism, it does not indulge in disputational defense of any rhetorical ideology, instead maintaining a succinct and objective second person perspective in the turnings of history. an incredibly profound movie and frankly you're just a faggot if you're not smart enough to see the depths to which Cabin In The Woods aspires to plumb.

pic related, the man who laid the foundation which required through inexorable laws of human mass movement and the history of psychology and philosophy to arrive eventually at the realization embodied in 'cabin in the woods'; that is - sapient drama.

Well yeah he is smug as fuck. He has a habit of writing dialogue that is way too "clever". In this case though I actually thought it was clever. Maybe it's because I am a giant pleb.

I think it's kinda admirable that such a mainstream writer makes a movie like this, well aware that the film won't be liked by its audience. But he makes it anyway, maybe because he cares about the horror genre and want it to move away from the cliches.

it's a fun time that people shouldn't take so seriously

Yeah, I get it. Sacrifice bad, government violent, humanity evil. You can sugarcoat it as much as you want, but it's still banal and predictable. Also, by pointing out that Wagner already did this more than a century ago, you are simply confirming my criticism.

it was shit

It gave me an itch for paranormal meets mundane bureaucracy.

SCP TV Series when?

you saw humanity get destroyed because we failed to perform the proper sacrifice, and you took from that that sacrifice is bad?

do you WANT humanity to get destroyed?

this so much so fucking hard

redditkino

>Obligatory scene of third party AI/Alien reviewing human history of POLLUTION/WAR/RACISM and asking why humanity deserves to live

I know it's a meme, but unironically this. This "film" is quintessentially Reddit. Literally no different from R&M except int's not animated.

I don't think you're necessarily a pleb for liking it, but I think you're giving it more credit than it deserves. If I may expose my own taste for a second, at the risk of sounding like a pleb myself, I thought that It Follows was a vastly superior meta-horror film. Cabin In The Woods requires you to have seen other cabin horror movies for all its winking and nudging at the cliches to make sense. It Follows, on the other hand, is a lot more subtle about its commentary, and stands on its own merit without seeming pretentious as a result. It's much more self-contained and humble compared to Cabin In The Woods.

wtf are you even talking about. the gods are a metaphor for the audience who will destroy the film universe (hate on it) because it is not following the narrative that they want and expect. Is still some elaborate troll or am I just as new as I feel rn?

Easy.

WTF, I hate Pan's Labyrinth now.

>Liking it to begin with
Pedo detected.

>buzz words: the post

I see Cabin in the Woods as sort of an allegory, much like George Orwell's Animal Farm is for Communism. It is pretty obvious what it is trying to do but it still works. And I see It Follows as sort of a throw-back to horror in the 80s and more a commentary on cliches in those times. Didn't really see much meta commentary on the horror genre in It Follows though. Which I guess proves your point that it is more subtle. As it stands though, I like both.

Well, there's that as well, the characters giving a middle finger to the horror cliches at the end of it. The context is misanthropy, which is what we were discussing, but the subtext is the relationship between the audience and the characters, which you pointed out.

While I don't like the film, I do admit that it has multiple layers to it. I just don't find any of the layers particularly profound.

Sure, it's allegorical. I just wish it were a bit more subtle about it. Really, what I'm criticizing here is the tone, which is admittedly a pretty vague aspect to the movie. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I can't point to it and say it's objectively bad, which is why I don't consider you a pleb for liking it.

No, I just thought it had some pretty nice imagery and a cool villain.

I like subtlety too but it didn't bother me here and neither did the tone, for whatever reason. I agree with most of what you've said though.

>I just thought it had some pretty nice imagery
Yeah, I bet.

Problem is it poses as meta but it comes off as just an excuse to be unoriginal.

Overall, it's just Whedon. Interesting the first or second time, but this is the fourth or fifth time around with the same predictable shit.

Hey, we like what we like. I, for one, have a strange affection for Pootie Tang, even though it's the least subtle flick ever made, and all around just terrible.

Don't let my distaste for CITW taint your enjoyment of it.

Liked it, was different.

Not horror though, more like Scooby Doo for adults.

I guess Sup Forums liked it at first. But when it became popular, Sup Forums turned and started hating it. That about sums it up?

Nah, I just saw the film when I was a blue-pilled teenager. Credit where it's due, it is quintessential blue-pill kino. Del Toro may be a cuck, but the nu-male knows how to make a fucking movie.

A good movie but heavy flaws and a serious case of wanting to have its cake and eat it to.

And how did that Japanese kindergarten class manage to seal the ghost in a frog?

why do retards who cry contrarian always have such shit taste?

>And how did that Japanese kindergarten class manage to seal the ghost in a frog?
Yeah, and what about Cthulu's tax policy?

Babby's first meta

that's the pleblet response.

the patrician viewer of 'the cabin in the woods' will have reinforced his loyalty to the state and tradition, for the preservation of our society, and a reaffirmation of the virtue of sacrifice in duty to god and country.

the only people who take a progressive, liberal message from the movie are the fags who want to destroy their own nation anyways.

>I thought that It Follows was a vastly superior meta-horror film.

That film also gets a lot more credit than it deserves

Meta humor is shit but this flick did it well

But this is a legitimate issue about the plot

One minute we see the ghost scaring all the kids, the next scene with the ghost takes place long after the first scene and we see the kids sealing the ghost. What happened

i think it was more than meta. it said to viewers, "if you pity the victims, you damn yourself, you damn your comrades, and you damn your heritage and humanity itself"

this movie implored us to accept as necessary that the innocent die, not because we are evil, but because we must survive in a world where, in the immortal words of clint eastwood from Unforgiven, "deserve has nothing to do with it".

I liked the unicorn and the mereman

That's the complete fucking opposite of what it said.

This is the most Reddit thing I've ever read.

Good movie if you don't pretend it's ultra deep.

Shit movie if you think about it.

Coming from someone who doesn't watch many horror movies it was pretty good

this is the opposite of reddit. you seem to be confused. reddit thinks the movie proved that the patriarchy and government is evil, because 'muh innocent sacrifices' (niggers, the indians, the phillipinos, all the other victims of america who enriched us through their harm). they seriously think that because it hurts people who we don't know or care about, we should stop.

the patrician knows that this is the way of things, and that the indians and niggers and spics who were ground under our boot were just sacrifices necessary for the greater good.

ah, you must be a pleblet, who believes that 'because humanity required the sacrifice of innocents to survive, humanity should go extinct'.

this movie proves - it is necessary that the indians are exterminated. it is necessary the nigger is enslaved. it is necessary that arabs are slaughtered for oil. it is necessary that we unleash atomic holocaust on the gooks. it is necessary that the jews were gassed. the moral of the movie, is that these things happen so that humanity can survive - and even braces us for the next wave of historical cleansings coming up around 2060.

It does. Avengers was an example.

Cabin in the Woods wasn't bad. It wasn't good. It wasn't bad. It was consumer grade nudge nudge wink wink shit.

Joss Whedon's entire shtick is being unoffensively mediocre. Nothing more and nothing less. It's why 'normies' find him entertaining but honest critics just shrug and say his stuff isn't creative.

He is the very definition of a director who makes popcorn flicks as his sole income. He doesn't try anything new or creative. He just does.

What do you have planned for spring break, kiddo?

alcohol, writing, math. looking for cheaper car insurance. trying to get an outdoors job.