The NBA hasn’t been the same

The NBA needs the Lakers to be relevant again. Since the Lakers haven’t been making the playoffs, the NBA ratings have dropped and casual fans dislike the fact that a really well known constant hasn’t been good

Don’t be surprised if the NBA forces 2 out of LeBron/PG13/Kawhi/Butler/Klay to join the Lakers. People like me latch onto brands. The Lakers are the biggest brand in the sports world. If they aren’t relevant, they lose people like me

Just root for the Clippers. They are the more entertaining team.

>The Lakers are the biggest brand in the sports world

People in the USA and worldwide gravitate toward brands. The Lakers are a brand as much as they are a sports team. The Clippers are neither

pretty sure the last finals between warriors and cavs had sky high ratings (for NBA)

Imagine if it was the Lakers vs the Cavs?

Every NBA rating record there is has been held by the Lakers in some way

Lakers aren't even the biggest sports brand in America, let alone the world.

And the reason people stopped giving a fuck about the NBA is because the Warriors are guaranteed to win every single championship until the year 2025.

>The Lakers are the biggest brand in the sports world
Idk about that. Cowboys and now Patriots in the NFL and Yankees in MLB might be more, plus if we're talking about in the world maybe a couple soccer teams.

Also haven't NBA rankings been up?

It's about to get a whole lot shittier. They aren't going to let the NHL one up them and will expand to 32 teams within the next decade, Mexico City and Seattle. Furthermore, Memphis or New Orleans will probably relocate to Vegas.

if you think talent is deluded now, just wait until 2028.

theres a list
lakers are top 5 iirc
cowboys are #1

and that includes soccer

>until the year 2025

They have at least two more years left

Even if they win 2 again both Klay, Drayboon and especially KD will want max dollars because they were underpaid for most of their careers

dumb lakers poster

Well, Stern always said his perfect finals would be Lakers vs Lakers.

>Ape-men like me like to latch onto brands. The Lakers are the biggest brand in the sports world (fucking lol). If they aren't relevant, they lose knuckle-draggers like me
Good to know.

It's the 3 point line fault. Imagine if we removed that.

>Zone defense back
>no more forced 3 point shots
>end of Memewarriors
>impressive shots happening naturally, not because the team tried like 10 times before

Would that make the League even more Ghetto like tho?

>a team with lonzo ball
>relevant

the whole nba would be against the lakers and as a boston fan that would be entertaining but the rivalry would be bust, id rather see the current lelkers -ball and boston squad duke it out in 2022 finals

I love my Clippys

>no Blake
>no CP3
The basketball era is over.

The Lelkers in 2022 will still be garbage

They're not going to get LeBum but they have a chance to pick off George and another 1B star in 2019-2020

The Celtics in 2022 will probably have moved on from Kyrie, Horford and Hayward

ratings have dropped because all the viewers are in jail

I'm sure this list isn't biased at all.
The fucking cowboys seriously? Handegg shit isn't relevant in the world how can one of those teams be the "biggest"?

I live in LA, and we are the 2nd largest metro area and media market in the USA. Barely anyone gives two shits about the NBA now that the Lakers are bad

And that is hurting the NBA's bottom line. They NEED us to be good to get a huge chunk of the nation (Southern California) watching.

i live in 213 and this degenrate lives in valencia or OC
dont believe his lies

>Lakers are so shit their fans are pleading to the bball gods for help
>The league and ratings are hitting record highs

Have fun wallowing in shit lakerfags. These are the new faces of your franchise

Zone defense is already allowed. No one uses it because it's shit.

>This Lakerspic is still spamming his shit

Fuck the Lakers

Right now literally every team plays zone all game except when they are full court pressing

>America
>Not relevant
Guess again Eurotrash

No one plays zone dude.

cowboys are worth so much fucking money dude
#2 is barca and #3 is halal iirc
>he's not a big baller

Can we all admit that the NBA is better when the Lakers are good

>lakers think they're getting lebron and PG this summer
>end up getting Vince Carter and and some scrub center

Most of the 90s the Lakers were irrelevant and the NBA was popular as ever. The problem with the NBA today is that its biggest superstar is an unlikeable douchebag

>MJ was a fucking asshole
>Kobe was AT BEST an asshole and possibly a rapist
LeBron is the least douchy star we've had since at least the 80s

>the NBA ratings have dropped
this is a lie though

no, the NBA is better when there are many legitimate title contenders, it doesn't matter what the team is. the best time of the modern era was 4-5 years ago when the Heat, Pacers, Spurs, Clippers, Rockets, Grizzlies, Blazers and Thunder were all realistic picks to win the championship. it sucks right now because it's literally JUST the Warriors, and it sucked when it was literally JUST the Lakers too.

no more likable players like gasol or vujacic tbf

>ratings have dropped

try again retard

The NBA verges on irrelevance when it's league has parity and this has been a consistent thing throughout its history. It's fans love big stars and big teams, and when it lacks those the league always struggles. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing but this is clearly the case.

The leagues low point was in the 70s during by far its period with the most parity in the league
This was only saved by the Bird/Celtics and/or Magic/Lakers being in every Finals during the 80s
Jordan title years were great for the league
Big ratings decline the two years he was gone and left the door open
Years between Jordan and James were bad
Great ratings since James became a Finals satple every year
Only went up more since it's been Warriors vs Cavs every year

nice """""""sport"""""""""""

You maybe mean "diluted"?

Why would the NBA expand to Seattle? Is there that much nostalgia for the days of the Sonics?

they are building a new arena, have the highest growth in the country thanks to Amazon, and they are getting an NHL team. Mexico City is getting one of the two teams, it's no secret that Silver is salivating over Mexico City. The NBA won't just do one team, because then it leaves an odd number of teams. The second expansion team has only two realistic markets at the moment. Seattle or Vegas. I figured Seattle would be the pick because they actually have a basketball history where as Vegas has none, but it could go either way desu.