Why couldn't he beat it?

why couldn't he beat it?

because hes a white non jewish male
in the eyes of all might hollyjew
he is weak willed, and we all must be reminded of that
that white men lack the mental fortitude to care for there own blood

It sucked dude.. There are so many better mass set movies literally anyone you can think of is better(except black mass).. I live 3 towns over from where they filmed this horse shit.. What a snooze fest

I bet you can't think of a single buzzword free argument of why is it "horseshit" other than the usual "nothing happens boring pretentious" meaningless posts,

Because burning all 3 of your kids alive isn't something you can just let go and live a normal life, so he chooses to live a life with a gaping open wound which he picks on every single day as a punishment.

he's almost certainly going to an hero at some point, right? without the kid requiring his care and attention 24/7 he has fuck all to live for.

The potential for the story/plot was promising, but the end result was a missed opportunity for an engrossing and entertaining movie. Instead, what emerges is a protracted boring ' slice of life' film that provides no entertaining virtues whatsoever. The story deals with death and tragedy, with ongoing flashbacks of even more death and tragedy. All of this is presented without any real story development or the slightest glimmer of solution. There is not even an open dialogue towards that end. It felt like this depressing ‘slice of life' theme was engraved on the surface of baseball bat and slammed into the viewers head over and over for two plus hours. How did this movie receive top billing is beyond me. The indulgence of mundane ‘day to day’ occurrences and activities, as it relates to this sad story, has a sort of realism appeal and can be somewhat welcoming if staged plausibly. But that did not occur. What the viewer was left with was a movie that repeatedly revolved around human heartbreak, woven in boring ‘day to day’ deeds and heavy layers of ' natural (improvised?) dialogue’. All of this makes for an uninteresting and non-engaging film. What it all boils down to is this - the film was simply pointless, boring and extremely dull. Root canal without anesthetic has a greater appeal.

>There is not even an open dialogue towards that end.
people like the main character are bad at communicating their thoughts, hence the semi-reconciliation scene with his ex-wife has about ten to twenty words said between them in total. it's too much to take.

I went and saw this movie in Gloucester with my buddy..halfway in people were walking out..Go to any of our neighbors houses see and hear the same shit for free

It was pointless garbage

Not a single valid argument.

Google peak-end rule to find out how primitive your opinion forming really is.
So every film should be "entertaining"? What do you think of films by Tarkovsky and Bela Tarr then?
Boring and extremely dull right?

You just want to be served the same neatly packaged Hollywood "entertainment" with a nice little ending that closes all the loops so you can go away from it happy without a thought in your mind.

The ending shows one shred of hope for Lee with him getting an extra room in his apartment for Patrick and wanting to see him again. The ending shot on the boat is similar to the opening shot on the boat.
He will never recover and forgive himself for what he has done, but there is progress in his character because of Patrick.

Also that baseball exchange at the end summarizes their whole relationship in just one scene, where Lee says "just let it go" but Patrick doesn't let go of the ball and keeps throwing it back at him until he keeps it.

I think it's an honest portrayal of grief and self-imposed social exile.

You criticized his argument instead of defending the film. You can't explain why it is good. In other words you're a faggot and the film is so trash you don't even like it.

Best movie of 2016.

I have never seen any of their films sorry?
All I was getting at is.. as someone that grew up in a blue collar Massachusetts fishing town this movie is just sappy crap that actors like Casey Affleck try to expoilt and do a shit job at. Sorry you don't like my primal opinion I couldn't give less of a fuck homie

>>You can't explain why it is good

>brilliant performances and real characters, zero "I'M ACTING" moments
>genuinely funny situational humor which does not break the tone of the film
>top notch writing with zero cliches, where other films would have 5 minute monologues from the main character, here it's all said in a single sentence
>the non linear narrative
>comfy setting
>voyeuristic framing and composition where you almost feel like you are eavesdropping on their conversation

It's the best on-screen representation of grief in cinema history.
If it weren't for the occasional jarring cuts in editing and the Adagio in G minor in the police department scene, the film would be a literal 10/10.

Because he murdered his kids

>zero cliches
The entire movie is a cliche

IT SUCKED!

>In other words you're a faggot and the film is so trash you don't even like it.

wow amazing post my dude you really stripped down the narrative, yeah we are all collectively pretending to like it, it's all a big prank even the director is laughing got em good good job user

sure did

Why can't I beat it? I don't know, I'm just going to keep being alone and miserable. Thank you for telling me that it's okay to accept that, Kenneth.