Hundreds Of Men Sleeping On Streets Of Queens For Shot At Plumbers Union Apprenticeship Program

>NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Hundreds of young men are sleeping on the streets of Queens Sunday night for a shot at a job.

CBS2’s Ali Bauman reported they are waiting for an application to the Plumbers Union Apprenticeship Program. One thousand applications are handed out in order Monday morning. After tests and interviews, only a percentage are accepted to the five-year program.

newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/17/plumbers-union-apprenticeship-program/

Poor saps. Thinking that a trade is a good career move instead of going to school for STEM.

kek silly faggots its called crime you should try it out

did she just pick her nose and wipe it on her friend?

b-b-but unions are good for workers

Holy fuck.

>nyc plumber
>implying the benefits alone arent GODLY
>sick retirement package
>job security
>people always need plumbers

Fuck I regret my college choices now.

She's proving her dominance

>only a percentage

Wow, that many huh?

>implying 100% of STEM jobs in America won't be taken by cheap Chinese and Indian labor within 15 years.
>falling for the STEM meme.

You dun goofed faggot.

>outsourcing is good, goy
>mass immigration is good, goy
>blue collar work is only for disgusting goyim

this is what libertarians ACTUALLY believe

>romanian

I wipe my shit with my hands and even I think that's disgusting.

AHHAHAHA

they're great for workers you fucking moron

do you want to get paid $4 a week like your Mexican lawn mower?

The problem is idiots are fine with flooding the country with cheap labor and sending job out of the country.

>NYC

Yeah but you don't play with poo all day

HVAC and electric are better.

They can't take our defense jobs tho, anything need security clearance

This is male privilege

Libertarians are overly aggressive, thin skinned, nasty autistic little fucks.

Lol just to get undercut by pajeet. Meanwhile in any place actually worth living trades and skilled labor are in high demand.

well that's what NAFTA got us

Non-citizens are allowed to serve in the armed forces, like France does with their foreign legion in order to gain citizenship. These people are often granted high security level clearances, put in positions of power and/or authority.

To think that H-1B and H-2b workers won't take over STEM fields is both shortsighted and retarded.

Shit ,
Plumber Job's are so easy to find in Belgium
Just go to your local plumber and ask for a job ,
I'm a high school dropout and I got a plumber job in just one day,
Didn't even need a C.V or work experience
They hire everyone sometimes even niggers
I can quit my job today and can choose between about 10 different employers in my city alone
I even have a free company car

are you like an idiot or something ??

do you neets on Sup Forums believe this college stem meme bullshit ?

>they're great for workers you fucking moron

>do you want to get paid $4 a week like your Mexican lawn mower?

>The problem is idiots are fine with flooding the country with cheap labor and sending job out of the country.

The amount of stupid in this post is incalculable.

>tfw not a poor retarded tradesfag

>tfw STEM master race, advancing humanity and getting paid a shitton for it

>tfw comfy office job, can watch movies any time, 250k starting

>Study computer science.
>Graduate.
>Get a couple of your friends together.
>Develop a game with nice looking pixel art.
>Spark the interest of gaming journalists.
>Release it on STEAM.
>Make boatloads of money.
>Live like kings.

I fail to see the problem.

>Average american's are anti-union

As much as you fags go on about it, the reason we have such a superior quality of life down under is largely attributable to our union movements.

It does help they aren't ENTIRELY corrupt though.

>As much as you fags go on about it, the reason we have such a superior quality of life down under is largely attributable to our union movements.

The quality of life for the "average" Australian might be a bit better than the "average" American, but the quality of life in America for the "above average" is far better than the "above average" in Australia.

Plus, the Australian and American mindset from birth is different. You people believe that you'll probably never be better than average, while the American believes they'll be better someday. Don't get me wrong, that's okay, I'm not knocking that. Just need some tasty waves and a cool buzz, bro. I get it. I prefer the American mindset, and believe that's what makes us better than the rest of the world.

But that's an another extremely long discussion that I don't want to get into right now but, back to the point, I don't disagree that the quality of life for the "average" Australian, like a waiter or something, is probably better. I just don't want to be a waiter for the rest of my life.

>It does help they aren't ENTIRELY corrupt though.

I'm from Chicago. You have no idea how insane it truly is.

great, now i need to fap again

>STEM

I will leave that to the new sjw lady whales. God knows they sure as shit can't figure it out now, and when they are in a lucrative position just means my price goes up...

Lol
India coming in with the grade A bants

Have fun with bloated market

Whoa. Now it's thrice as sexy.

100k a year and no debt

since you took the time to type out this rather long post, can you please explain your point here
about how
is "incalculably stupid"?

We can all agree that these days unions are corrupt as hell, but aren't they a sort of necessary evil to ensure that pay/benefits for workers stay in a somewhat fair range?

My grandfather is a Master Plumber and makes $90 an hour.

It's been tried. It lead to huge issues with selling privileged information. The whole clearance system is a big trust and risk assessment program.

Being a foreign national is too much risk. Even having foreign national parents is a big risk. As for enlisted foreign nationals getting clearances, that's simply not true. They're scrutinized just as hard. Being enlisted doesn't help your chances much of being denied a clearance.

m-moar

NAWWW the job market has never been better!

>media desperate to stop trump
>attempt to portray libertarians as viable alternative in order to siphon votes
>convention will be biggest opportunity in the party's history to explain a little-known political philosophy
>get naked on stage instead

Tfw making 10 dollars an hour

Tfw less than 30 hours a week

Tfw 0$ in savings
Why am I even alive.

>ITT: dumb goys who don't work in banking.

why is this considered legal? you are borderline stalking someone.

Allows me to continue getting my raises each year as a ups driver. No college and I'm still going to be making $100k once I reach top rate.

>union apprenticeship

That explains it. Crooked monopoly

It's disgusting.

>aren't they a necessary evil

No. The problem isn't workers are assembling. That's a healthy and natural part of a free market. The problem is they have special privileges granted by the government. Which leads to corruption and market distortions. Along with a violation of property rights and rights of individual workers.

>Thinking that a trade is a good career move instead of going to school for STEM.
My step son is in a plumber apprenticeship program. He graduates later this year.
Its not union, but some plumbing businesses run it. They pay his expenses and he works during the day for a plumbing contractor who does commercial jobs like hotels and offices. New construction.

After he grads, he will make more than any first year stem grad except kikeberg who goes to work for daddy.

I wish my high school guidance counselor had mentioned the words "trade school" to me. I was told all my life from K-12 that I had to go to college and get a degree (any degree!) or I would be flipping burgers for a living.

Lets say you own a company and you need someone to make.. lets say.. repairs or just to program something.

Would you rather recruit a fresh engineer who has all the theory but doesnt know how to operate/repair something or it just programs in a mediocre way, or a technician who is highly trained and is able to do the same task without any additional training, in a shorter ammount of time and in exchange for a slightly lower wage?

Im finishing an ECE degree. A good trade will always be better than a master's degree in an engineering field. The only upside of college is versatility and the acquired habit for learning new things, but most employers just want somebody ready for the job at the very start.

>pantyline

DROPPED

>ensure that pay/benefits for workers stay in a somewhat fair range?
Depends. Unions are good, but only for those workers who are in the union. Unions serve to drive up the price, so in a union-dominated industry, costs go up for producers and subsequently for consumers. Also, as strong unions secure most of the contracts, getting a job outside of the union becomes increasingly difficult. For every extra dollar a union demands without any more production to show for it, that's one less dollar that can get spent on hiring more workers, starting more projects, expansion, etc. It's kind of like minimum wage in that regard.

Now, I'm in a union, but that's only because they offer the best pay so far. Once I'm able to work for myself, I will. Fuck paying their outrageous dues and having them spend it on frivolous bullshit.

MAOR OF HER???? where is it filmed? paris?

holy shit she's 10/10 world do eveything

where do you collect all of that stuff? link pls

>Faggot

Dropped

>everyone works in STEM
>OP no longer has a Job

let me know when you actually start paying taxes