Is Civ5 a Sup Forums approved game ?

So ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xBlEscMLjy0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get ready to be called a degenerate for liking vidya.

>carthage
>white

Yes

Absolutely.

I'm a Total War series lover, And I keep trying to get into Civ but every time I just feel like it sucks. Should I keep trying? Also my favorite part in TW games is not the combat, so it seems like I would like it. But I play for about an hour and it feels so boring like I'm not doing anyhting at all. When does the fun start in that fkn game?

When you begin play at Prince or King.

Before, you have an advantage over the AI, so it's boring.

Set gameplay to "quick"

compared to TW it really is fucking boring. that's a different conversation all together, but it gets fun when alliances are formed and the global war starts. especially if you dont cheat like i do

Try playing on a Duel sized Pangea map with 5 or 6 AI and raging barbarians, that's my favorite set up City states are optional.

Victoria 2 is probably the most Sup Forums approved history game. Non-western countries are literally called "uncivilized" in the game itself and it's possible to genocide millions with any mod for the game.

city states suck. At least you can turn them off

>never trust the slant
Yes

Videogames are fucking degenerate and everyone on this thread should feel ashamed of themselves

You are the part of the problem, millions of beta white men are glued to their phones and their vidya. WAKE UP

I'd recommend watching Chris Franklin's video about the implications of the game's systems: youtu.be/xBlEscMLjy0

In summary the game focuses on the nation state as an immortal entity that you have complete and everlasting control over, rather than historical strategy games that go through lines of kings and portray history as a web of individual goals and human desires. Great people come and go and world wonders remain but only because the state demands they be built. He specifically mentions Greece which has the capital Athens, but its second city is Sparta; these are two completely different cultures and societies yet in the game they are simply all Greek, because the Greek state is more important than the individual cultures of its constituent city states.

>Theodora takes one of my cities
>get a boner

Can you even convert filthy heretics and muslims in Civ? if not this game is shit

My man. Also Europa universalis + ET.

>George Washington is a big asshole and keep bullying weaker ones.
>Elizabeth is a good friend at first and then it stabs your back
>Al Mansur is genuinely a good goy
>Gandhi keeps buying troops and nukes and shit, while population is the less fed in the game
>Bismarck good with science and enemy to everyone
>Napoléon is the most glorious one, and keeps invading everyone around him

9/10 realistic game, I was once so addicted to it that it got me in so much troubles

>Friendly

Nice flag

You can though, and actually have fun doing it unlike EU4.

>pic related best paradox game

prepare to get pooed on

Russia literally dindu nothing in 19 century, it's too boring.

Vic 2 contains some boss internal economic development and such; but for Russia you have, intergration of the baltic states, congressional poland, abolition of serfdom, the conquest of the caucuses, the Turkish and Crimean wars, the Oreintal crisis, Sino-Russian disputes, boxer rebellions and the Russo-Japanese wars.

These are just somethings bound by events, really Russia can do what the fuck it wants in Vic2 and with a complex political parties, rebellions, formation of wars ect. you're not bound to much by history.

I felt the same at first. The turns felt so short that it felt like I was doing shit. But keep going and start understanding the game. Then it becomes great fun and really strategic. Also always play on quick.