ITT: movies you watched with zero expectations but ended up being amazing

Totally agree on Creed. My brother dragged me to see it, and I'm glad he did. I thought the idea of a spinoff with Apollo Creed's son was really dumb, but it's the best Rocky movie since Rocky

pic related for me

I overlooked this for years because I thought it was just a gay movie, but it's one of the best rock & roll films of all time

Nebraska

So comfy

Almost all of Alex Payne's movies could fit this thread

Maybe not amazing, but i went in expecting utter garbage

Same. Ewan Macgregor was fantastic.

Spring Breakers

I thought it was going to be shit.
And it was pure motorkino

>tfw Chris Hemsworth will never punch your bully in the face

avengers yes avengers

>ywn bang Olivia Wilde and smirkfu
Why live? Why can't I be James Hunt?

This
This

I had no expectations on this but I liked it enough that I saw it twice in theaters

I know it's Disney but this was surprisingly good

worse than rocky 5 desu

>TV ads for this movie made me expect Fast and Furious rip off with pretty boy lead.

>Is now one of my favorite movies ever.... and it jump-started my current obsession wtih electronic music...

>Not amazing...

are you some kinda gay?

That movie was awesome... and that's the movie where I just started watching anything with Tom Cruise in it... he hasn't had a failure since.

this for sure

i just saw 12 angry men on a reccomended list for movies like my cousin vinny so i though to give it a shot.. no idea it was considered a classic

it blew me away, and I enjoyed it a ton, and more than my cousin vinny ..

if you like legal thrillers check out "the verdict", it's the same director as 12 angry men. michael clayton is a nice hidden gem. Lincoln lawyer is courtroom kino too with based McConaughey

Upvoted my friend!

Edit: Wow, thanks for the points guys

good list, but you're forgetting the GOAT

i know, but user already mentioned it in his post

my b

shitty writing, who the fuck calls someone with cancer (who trying to help them might i add) a "sick old man" not even the angriest person would do that, i actually laughed in disbelief when i watched that scene

i really liked michael clayton, i don't know why people don't talk about it more

Wew

>Russian
>Action Flick
>First Person Gimmick

Yet it fucking works

same for me, user. It was really fuckin comfy too.

these

I didn't expect much and I was still let down. What a piece of shit.

hit and run was comf

Only watched it for Tom Waits

i put off watching 12 angry men for so long because i thought "lol black and white"

all of these were great, or at least a lot better than i thought they would be

i thought rogue one and sicario would be le feminist illumenati propaganda but they were both great movies

It became my favorite Scorsese movie

This

you must really know your way around reddit