First 20 minutes wasted on Luke getting lost in the snow for no reason

>first 20 minutes wasted on Luke getting lost in the snow for no reason

>even more filler in the asteroids

>more filler as Yoda pretends he's not Yoda for no fucking reason

>Le Epic Greatest Movie Ever ^_^ xD *holds up spork*

ANH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ESB

>Leia fucking kisses her brother

I unironically don't think any of the Star Wars films are great. I enjoy them all, I love the world building and the story, they've had a HUGE impact on pop culture, but they're not great films.

The most widely accepted myth is that there are any objectively good Star Wars movies.

They are only good for world building (except for the ST).

I don't agree with your points but I do think ANH is the best Star Wars film.

>>first 20 minutes wasted on Luke getting lost in the snow for no reason
They needed to devise a way for Hammil to look like he did after the car crash.
>>even more filler in the asteroids
I agree.
>>more filler as Yoda pretends he's not Yoda for no fucking reason
Testing Luke, I assume.

ANH is better though.

>for no reason
Hamil got in a bad car accident and fucked up his face. They put the wampa scene in there to explain, in universe, why his face is different.
But dont let that interrupt your shitpost.

>wasted on Luke
Star Wars is about the Skywalkers not some faggots getting plans.

>first 20 minutes wasted on Luke getting lost in the snow for no reason

It would suck to live in a world without having the "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside" joke

You are saying the whole movie is filler but the point is that a lot of us enjoyed that filler because we picture ourselves in the situations the characters are in and it's a lot of fun.
>evacuation scene
>road (space) trip scene/chase scene
>comfortable relax until everything turns bad again
>bittersweet ending
It's fun and entertaining.

Are you me?

That's an incredibly fair assessment.

I love Star Wars and think this is objectively true.

>world building and the story, they've had a HUGE impact on pop culture
>they're not great films
Choose one and only one.

I enjoy the films; I still think ANH is a masterpiece of film making. I think it is an objectively well made film.

ESB is fun but I never fucking understood the people saying it was the best SW movie after I watched it. It feels like a part one to RoTJ and doesn't really do a lot on its own.

It's a meme.
The ANH is its own thing, ESB and ROTJ are they're own thing, and the PT is its own thing.

That is a really dumb justification. The character is supposed to look the same so it really shouldn't matter. Ever seen the stage production of the elephant man? The actor never wears prosthetics or make-up, but the audience understands because of the writing and character interaction that John Merrick is horribly disfigured. You shouldn't derail your story just to explain why an actors appearance has changed, and therefore the character they're portraying in a fictional universe should match it. Sorry buddy but it was pointless,they could have drastically reduced the entire hoth sequence by cutting out the wampa shit and helped fixed the first acts pacing issues. Which, in an unrelated note, is the same problem with the first act of return of the jedi. Like that whole Jabba's palace sequence is horribly paced. Did we really need 2 sequences involving giant monsters eating people in a story that has nothing to do with giant monsters eating things?

the beginning of the movie sets the tone. god you retards should be required to take a writing class before being allowed to post here

I used to think ANH was really good, but after seeing Episode VII which is essentially Death Star 3.0 I decided to take a look back and it now seems to me that ANH was the low budget production of the story that they've decided to retell in VI and VII

I am not saying that VII is a better movie. It's just that before VII I was able to see the two death stars as just the bad guys pursuing an obsession. After VII (and Rogue I plays into this) I am kind of forced to see the whole series as Death Star variations.

TFA is absolute garbage and JJ torpedoed the entire ST with his arrogance.

>Snow scene demonstrates Luke's growing understanding of the Force
>Shows that the Alliance is up against the wall
>Luke is forced to choose between his friends, or going to Dagobath
>Sets stage for interactions between Han and Leia
>muh ATATs and tauntuns

>>>first 20 minutes wasted on Luke getting lost in the snow for no reason
>They needed to devise a way for Hammil to look like he did after the car crash.

came here to post this

Rockin', rockin' and rollin'

>>muh ATATs and tauntuns
The AT-AT's are the biggest reason ESB bugs me. Entire scene devoted to nonsense vehicles that make little sense even in a fantasy world.

ESB has a very comfy love story, improved technical skill compared to ANH, reveals interesting history with respect to Vader, and isn't the toy and teddy bear shilling extravaganza that ROTJ turned out to be.

>and isn't the toy
You drank that Kool Aid.
Happy ending>Kasdan edgefest.

my problem with the Original trilogy is the ROTJ Ewoks... I wouldve loved it to be a wookiee world it wouldve been way more badass and wouldve made the empire falling to them alot more understandable and basically not just plain dumb.

Are you implying that ROTJ didn't shill a lot of toys? Because I was 4 at the time and there were playsets out the ass being marketed at me.

to be fair these movies came out in 1970s-80s and very few movies from that era hold up

my older brother showed me star wars in secrecy because my parents thought i was too young and i remember thinking it was the most epic shit i had ever seen

While that would have been cool, selling the idea that the Empire would have their top secret construction site and its crucial shield generator on a planet full of badass chewbacca clones would be difficult. With the Ewoks it makes perfect sense that the Empire would think that they posed no threat at all.

>Those final glory days of the "hard PG"

Every SW movie shilled toys mate.

I had a similar experience kind of while I didn't like TFA at all seeing it as a bad remake of ANH, it did give me more appreciation for it. Good character development with luke, great chemistry with the characters, the tension and struggle in the death star attack with luke being the last guy standing with the help of han. After VII I now rank ANH over ESB honestly.

I've grown to really dislike the whole franchise. There's some really good shit (original trilogy, some of the games) but everything else is shit. Even then everything star wars manages to tread the same path (lightsabres, jedi vs sith, a desert planet. etc) it's so formulaic.

People like you are the reason why we have to jump to the inciting incident. Impatient fucks. You have to build things. It's not filler to show Skywalker has grown since the last movie yet can still get in trouble. It allows us to explore his relationship with Solo and his proficiency with the force. If you're a troll, you got me so mad. Because you're acting so fucking stupid. There's obvious reasons for all those things happening. It's even spelled out in the movie that Yoda is testing Luke. You have offered zero legitmate criticism and only have proved your own ineptitude at understanding basic story functions and character motivation.

This is true, but they greatly refined their skill over the course of the Star Wars trilogy. The sheer number of toys generated by that movie was impressive.

>filler filler filler
Fuck off autist, that was all enjoyable.

remove Sup Forums

they won the battle

Daily reminder that Luke is always just a better swordsman for no reason in every movie.

?
I never said the writing wasn't as contrived as the vehicles.

>tfw this is every conversation about movies on this board

>They didn't know they were siblings
>like you wouldn't kiss your sister if she was Carrie Fischer circa 1977

What time does the Last Jedi trailer drop tomorrow?