>morals

Choose one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>op
>not a faggot

Pick one

Can I just choose to have the fashionability of being atheist while also enjoying the structure of a society with a religious based morality because the only other choice is facing a moral abyss which I do not have the stomach for?

im a christian but i dont believe in god. that would just be stupid.

>implying moralism is good

choose jesus

youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8

It should be

>athiest
>objective basis for morals
Pick one

Most people in jail are Christians.

>it's an "I'm only a good person because otherwise sky daddy will spank me" thread

>religion
>Science

Choose one.

>posting this picture in the atheism thread
BACK TO YOU STUPID FUCK YOU POST THIS THREAD EVERY FUCKING DAY THERE

Say my name

>fear of god is needed to preserve morals

>this thread again
I am rolling for dubs. Now check 'em.

imbecile of the highest caliber

Implying mutual exclusivity.

>People still falling for this b8 in [current year]

> religious
> redpilled

Choose one

Science only adresses recordable phenomena and their causal relations.

Which is only a portion of life as a human; it does very little to address questions of the mind, soul, or philosophical matters. Simply put, Science and religion do not have the same purviews. Perhaps you are tying to apply science to questions of the soul, which is what I imagine explains the lack of satisfaction so many empiricists encounter in their personal lives and psychological... deficiencies, and lack of satisfaction etc.

Most atheists (who are doing it correctly) are not very happy, because it requires that they cope with some very heavy concepts- most notably the notion that all their hopes, dreams, relationships, love, memories etc. are all as cosmically meaningless as a gnat on your windshield. Embracing nothingness really only leads to one conclusion- suicide.

>implying religion is required to teach morals
Morality, as taught by religion, is generally taught by mature adults who know right from wrong, and the Holy Book, which is basically a complicated weave of fairy tale and morality play. Most of the lessons and morals taught in the Bible can be picked up fairly easily by a young, growing child, and understood even without the help of an adult in most cases.

The problem with religion is that it's no longer needed for its intended purposes: explaining the world around us, helping us to understand what brought us to this point, teaching morality, and brainwashing people into being subservient to a bearded sky ghost so that manipulative pastors/priests can make easy money reciting bible verses.

We don't need religion anymore because we've explained the world around us, we know what brought us to this point in humanity's short history, we can teach morality through adult interaction and non-religious children's books, and people are starting to understand that religion is a useless relic in its death knell. Support for Atheism is rising fast, and support for Christianity/Catholicism is dropping even faster. We might not live to see religion disappear in our lifetime, but needless to say, your days are numbered.

Now that you've been thoroughly whipped, return to you fucking faggot.

>Gets their morals from the bible
>cherrypicks them

if you're gonna use the bible as a tool to get your morals from then how do you decide which ones are worth following and which ones are not? And if you decide you have the authority to decide that following the moral code of not killing and robbing but not following the moral code of not shaving your beard or stoning a cheating wife to death or not working on the 7th day then why do you think an atheist doensnt have the same authority to chose his own moral codes from where ever the fuck he wants?

I mean if you was to follow every moral code in the bible then you would have a ground to stand on this argument but if you just pick and choose what morals suits you then you are just basically making up your own moral code, so why cant an atheist do the same?

Tldr

>ahahaha I get my morals from the bible that I've barely read
>it couldn't possibly be the social structure around me.

Yeah because we need a book talking about an ancient civilisation to have morals

A people of nothingness, can never be persuaded to fight, stand tall, or be victorious or honorable. Believing in something other than your cosmic worthlessness, is the difference between roaches scurrying for their next meal, and the purpose of proud men.

Science and our sensory information is only part of life as a human, and a people with no real convictions or beliefs will find themselves without motivation other than satisfying pleasures and staying alive- aka instinct.

An atheist *must* acknowledge that "convictions" are all subjective. There is a reason the leftists push moral relativism and humanistic philosophy. If people believe everything is relative, they are very very easy to mold- like jello inside.

Jews are wrong though.

The rest is correct.

>Implying objective morality could exist in a world packed with thousands of different faiths and philosophies

Nigger how can you even read ? is reading a defense mechanism from evolution?

this.

also:
p1: if God does not exist, objective moral values and duties do not exist.
p2: objective moral values and duties do exist.
c: therefore, God exists.

Why do you always post the child empress from the neverending story with these bait threads OP?
What is the connection?

Atheists can have morals you dumb fuck. You're thinking of Nihilism.

pretty tired of the 8ch /christ/ raids

you guys are so insecure that you all make a thread and bounce off each other spouting bullshit

>implying morality is objective.

they just have nothing to ground them in objectively.

in their worldview,
person x could claim that kicking a puppy is evil.
person y could claim that kicking a puppy is good.
and they are both equally right, since both of them are entirely subjective moral truth claims.

>implying it's not
let's hear your argument for moral anti-realism.

Pretty narrow minded. My morals come from societal needs and self interest. I don't kill because I don't want to be killed. I don't steal because I don't need to (need, as in would die if I didn't), and I don't screw other people's wives because I wouldn't want that done to me.

Every moral I stand by has a reason. None are religious. And I bet anything I behave "better" than the majority of religious people.

Either way isn't the important thing to be decent? Who cares where it comes from? And why are you concerned with the nature of my soul if I'm not fucking with you? Live and let live.

check the dubs nigga

What does god have to do with the existence of objective moral values?

Why can't I just say that the universe holds some objective moral standard?

Atheist can have morals....its just that they are all negotiable

Where are these values enumerated and what are they?

Total crock of shit. Tell that to the Bolsheviks. Or the Cubans. Being an atheist is not inherently believing in nothing at all. I take pride in my country, when appropriate. I will defend my family with my life. I have a willpower that has put me close to very powerful people numerous times.

You act like a god is necessary to have drive. That's ridiculous. Desire is all you need and the dedication to make it happen.

this is more "FIRE BAD" than a cohesive philosophy

I'm an atheist too and basically think the same things but I don't pretend it's anything beyond animalistic

>the universe holds some objective moral standard?
why would it?

>The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference. -- Atheist Pope Dawkins I

>Where are these values enumerated and what are they?

Do they need to be enumerated somewhere? I never said I knew what they were.

Former atheist here , i stole shit because other people stole shit , i did drugs because people around me did drugs . In the end it was the bible what teached me what right was and what was wrong.

if i am poor i steal who cares there is no god anyway

>the only reason i'm acting morally is because i fear eternal punishment
>morality

pick uno

>why would it?
It may simply be true

, fuck off

reported to bozanić

God, if He exists, is no different from Person X or Y except in his capacity to employ force to compel compliance with his arbitrary dictates.

Prove your first sentence.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, so you agree with OP

If there is no immortality, the Liberal believes, one can still lead a civilized life; "if there is no immortality"-is the far profounder logic of Ivan Karamazov in Dostoyevsky's novel-"all things are lawful." Humanist stoicism is possible for certain individuals for a certain time: until, that is, the full implications of the denial of immortality strike home. The Liberal lives in a fool's paradise which must collapse before the truth of things. If death is, as the Liberal and Nihilist both believe, the extinction of the individual, then this world and everything in it-love, goodness, sanctity, everything-are as nothing, nothing man may do is of any ultimate consequence and the full horror of life is hidden from man only by the strength of their will to deceive themselves; and "all things are lawful," no otherworldly hope or fear restrains men from monstrous experiments and suicidal dreams.

I've rarely met a hardcore atheist who wasn't an absolute cunt.

Fucking Aussies.

>this is what atheists actually believe