I let it slip that I've never seen any Stargate series and the next thing I know the friend I was talking to had me...

I let it slip that I've never seen any Stargate series and the next thing I know the friend I was talking to had me bound and gagged with an IV and a catheter marathonning all of his DVDs.

It's pretty great but I feel like I seriously missed the bus. So, can we please have a Stargate thread?

Stargate is terrible
The movie is ok
The first second or two of the show is ok

Then it jumps the shark and everything is a fucking clown show that went on too long

GOOLD?

>le campy canadian forest show

Spare us this poor man's Star Trek.

>Interesting, if limited gene pool

Wow what? People dislike Stargate? I mean I suppose if we were flooded in quality sci-fi I'd get it, but we're not, and this is one of the better ones.

SG Seasons 1-7 > Atlantis > Stargate seasons 8-10 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Universe

>it's a Teal'c wears a funny hat episode

Universe season 2 was alright.

>tfw will never know what the signal was

Thank fuck Emmerich isn't rebooting the series now.

>le black catchphrase man

simply reddit the show

>Universe season 2 was alright.
Enough with this reddit tier meme. It was shit through and through.

I mean on the level of stupid versions of venerable sci-fi series, it was better than most of Enterprise.

No, you know what, I can't even give it that.

There were really only two abhorrent characters on the show, Chloe and Scott, literally everyone else had actual pathos and plot relevance.

Yeah but Rush was still fucking stupid. Rehash of Baltar, and Baltar was almost as stupid. Hiding shit for no rational reason to the detriment of everybody, and just generally being a fuck. I know some people liked him. Those people are assholes.

>Eli
>a fat basement dwelling wow addict nerd self inset for the basement dwelling wow addict nerds is beamed onto the destiny because he knows ancient tech
>good

Great show. One of the very few tv shows I watched with regularity. Love the subtle (and not so subtle) humour. Unfortunately I can't stand any of the other SG shows.

Time travel back to the 1960s; Carter, "Well we MacGuyvered our way out of that one"; O'Neill and T'ealc stuck in a time loop a la Groundhog Day; the episode when they were all marionettes... just some of the memorable episodes that come to mind. There's more i'm sure but that's just the start.

that's nice to have a friend :(

There's that limited gene pool Vala was talking about.

>atlantis above anything
lul

>implying you wouldn't watch CSI: Chulak

fpbp
first post bait post. and shit opinion.
SG-1 is in everyway better than SG movie
RDA>Kurt Russel

Daniel even has actual character developement through the series, which also seems on his physics

>Daniel even has actual character developement through the series
Indeed.

>everything i hate is reddit
autism: the post

>Its a tealc goes trough an embarrasing moment episode

That one time when he chugged that pot of coffee.
>Jack: Wasn't that hot?
>Teal'c: Extremely.

>It's Daniel is a space dreamboat episode

Daniel was extremely hot to be honest family.

it was a simpler time

>When Stargate threads always die too soon

Richard Dean Anderson is infinitely better than Kurt Russell.

SG1 > Atlantis > Stargate > SGU.

I fucking love Vala.
I need a Vala in my life.

Stargate died somewhere around the time when O'Neill left as the leader of SG-1 and they started fucking around in their gay spaceships.
By then it was just terrible comedy from terrible writers.
Bringing in the Farscape leads was a good move in my opinion, but they completely failed with Claudia Blacks' character.

Atlantis was alright, eventually it had too many spaceships as well. It really showed that the writers had no idea for the scale of the universe seeing as they eventually traveled between galaxis in a casual manner.

Then Universe came along, tried to be even edgier and darker than BSG. They tried so hard that the show was scrapped after just 2 seasons.

Stargate is done. There is no coming back from this. Fuck Syfy.