The Sith were mentioned in A New Hope

>"Sith Lord Sent by the Emperor"
youtube.com/watch?v=ja4WudpzBYw

APOLOGIZE RIGHT FUCKING NOW TO GEORGE LUCAS!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQFho0_G1VI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's the same cgi shit they used in R1

>it's the same cgi shit they used in R1
this isn't cgi this is an actual deleted scene...

No way this is faked. It's too real.

So will Disney be released a new edition of A New Hope with this scene? Would be cool how Lucas added a deleted scene in ANH and Disney to add this scene back in

In deleted scenes, maybe. I don't know how much Imperial upper echelons would know of the Sith beyond myth, or what Sheev and Vader would gain by announcing what they are.

Disney are never going to release any version of A New Hope because Fox still and always will own the rights to the film. 2020 is when it expires for ESB and RotJ.
However, it would be in their best interest to work with Disney and give the fans what they want.

>However, it would be in their best interest to work with Disney and give the fans what they want.

I'm 100% positive Lucas's deal with Disney said they wouldn't alter his final cuts of the movies.

Seeing a Star Wars scene in one master is a headfuck.

It almost feels like a David Lean movie.

vader sounds like such a faggot without james earl jones

>tfw everyone laughs at your lines

Poor David

Lol at Vader's body actor's voice.

>However, it would be in their best interest to work with Disney and give the fans what they want.
You couldn't be any more wrong. Listening to fans is what destroys franchises. TFA, R1, SE, and BF2 has shown how fucking schizophrenic the fanbase is.

>too much like prequels
>too little like prequels
>too close to the original
>too far from the original
>too much cgi
>no cgi

>dude deleted scenes are canon lmao
>dude this means the prequels (and by extension, my childhood) weren't shit lmao

please stop

I was figuring that a complete boxset, with the original version, would appears after the last series of movies were finished and being released as a way to capitalize on profits. Every casual Star Wars person would buy the boxset because it has every movie and every hardcore fan would since it would have the original version in it.

They altered the deal. Pray they don't alter it further

B-BUT DART VADER WAS NEVER A BIG GUY PLUNKETT SAID SO VADER WAS NEVER IMPORTANT DELETE THIS

There were plenty of references to the Sith in the novelization by Alan Dean Foster; it's just that the corresponding scenes were cut.

But they did delete it

Who the hell is whining the bad guys may or may not have been called Sith instead of Jedi in the first movie?

Disney, which refuses to release Fantasia in its original version or Song of the South at all, will certainly bow to fanboy will and release the theatrical Star Wars.

Sith was often used in promotional materials for the first movie.

is this supposed to be a revelation?

But RLMlet.

FACT.

Planet Earth is mentioned in the novel

>extended

cool non-canon bro

>is this supposed to be a revelation?
I thought it was because I have read countless articles where prequel haters go on about "NO SITH WERE EVER MENTIONED IN THE OT AND LUCAS MADE LOTS OF STUFF UP ON SPOT FOR PREQUELS".

Now those people have been BTFO

This scene is still canon you idiot. Just because it was cut doesn't mean it isn't still canon.

Just because we never saw Luke chat to his friends before leaving Tatooine doesn't mean he never had friends

>Planet Earth is mentioned in the novel

Is this true?

And I thought Lucas wrote the novelization, I remembering having a volume that had the adaptations of the original trilogy in it, and Lucas being one of the names on the spine.

If I recall properly, the book Star Wars actually came out before the movie, so you could make a strong argument that it's more canon than the picture.

>If I recall properly, the book Star Wars actually came out before the movie
Yes it did

btw it makes sense why Lucas cut out this deleted scene.

You think a 1970's audience would understand what a Sith was?

But based Lucas kept all this for the prequels cos he had most of the story already written in his head

I think the idea is that the term Sith was indeed around when they made the first movie and that it was this close to being spoken in the final film.

He really did, and obviously it wasn't planned out to the letter, but there was a lot there that made its way into the books and comic books and games.

People who claim otherwise haven't watched 'Empire of Dreams' and clearly don't care much about the minutiae, which is fine, but people should just SHUT UP when they don't know what they're talking about.

I really love Star Wars, goofy as the whole endeavor is, and I lament the fact that a couple of youtube videos have made so many people adopt a hardline stupid position against the universe.

It's goofy space opera, of course! But it's fun and people sperging about it isn't.

See
The novel which was released before the film's released details a lot more

>mfw prequel haters don't want to wake up to the truth that Lucas actually had the prequels worked out in the 70's

This is the very first design of Vader. To me he looks way better here. I am happy the Rebels tv show uses this design for Vader

>Blue Lightsaber
HOLY SHIT THE FIRST DESIGN OF VADER HAS ANAKIN'S LIGHTSABER COLOR!

The rabbit hole deepens

Derp Vader.

>The Sith were mentioned in A New Hope

How is this a surprise to anyone? Even when I was a kid in the early 80's I knew about Vader being a "lord of the sith". You could read about it in the facts section in the (swedish) star wars comic books.

>You could read about it in the facts section in the (swedish) star wars comic books.
See you said comic book. I don't think Sith was ever mentioned in the OT movies and thus why you can find articles and videos of people complaining that Lucas never mentioned about the Sith in those movies

He looks more nimble here, like someone who is actually in shape to move around and fight.

Yeah, but lightsaber's colors don't mean shit.

>there are people here who still doubt that Lucas is indeed a genius

Vader seriously looks so much better here than the movie version

That's not true and you know it.

>videos of people complaining that Lucas never mentioned about the Sith in those movies

Oh! I thought people didn't know about sith before the prequels and that's why people are calling Lucas a hack. My bad.

>We will then crash the rebellion...with no survivors

Face it. You don't want to accept that Lucas is a genius and even back in 1976, Anakin's lightsaber was drawn by artist Raplh McQuarrie

>everyone laughing at his voice

Ass had me like

>someone made a figure of this guy fighting Vader
I WANT I WANT

The reason they are laughing is because they first watched this video and were told by people who worked on set that they found the voice funny
youtube.com/watch?v=KQFho0_G1VI

Lucas already had all those things like Sith, Clone Wars and Anakins story in his mind when he made the first movie.

The Sith line got cut because he was sure he would only be able to make that one single movie and so dropping terms like that would only confuse people.

The movie aren't ever gonna end dumbass

Sith was in the original script, as were the Whills. Well, they weren't in the script, but were always supposed to be ancient force-wielding beings (or they created the force..?)

Foster ghost-wrote the original Star Wars novelization.

SHIT now this would have been so much better.

Vader looks by far heaps more menacing

As a kid, I never found Vader actually that scary. Did anyone else?

But a design like this would have really made him appear more inhuman than a guy walking around in a suit

>0:35
Is that Tyrone?

...No. They laughed because of the difference between the actual movie and this guy's performance.

Apparently this guy is meant to be Luke Skywalker.

Hey... at least the original design had him wearing a mask too considering they do travel on many planets instead of just making every planet be breathable by all humans

That's cool that originally everyone used lightsabers.

>As a kid, I never found Vader actually that scary. Did anyone else?
Not really. In fact I could never understand why people thought him menacing by just looking at him. I always felt the design was somewhat campy. That one in the art looks so much better befitting a Sith Lord.

man that is cool. Would buy.

yup, the troopers actually used lightsabers in the first design.

Imagine wearing this at comi con and Nu-Star Wars fans coming up to you like "THIS IS RIDICULOUS. WHY ARE YOU HOLDING A LIGHTSABER WHILE WEARING A STORMTROOPER OUTFIT"

>this isn't cgi this is an actual deleted scene...
prove it fgt

>"Sith Lord Sent by the Emperor Sheev"
Holy shit, Lucas knew all along

Would you buy this?

>Anakins story
No, Darth Vader was not Anakin in the first movie.

Reminds me of LoGH with the regular soldiers using melee weaponry to penetrate armor.

Since Star Wars was aimed at kids, they probably changed the design to appear more human like and less terrifying because surely if they went ahead with this design kids would have freaked out (and as a filmmaker, wouldn't you want to terrify people anyway?)

best fucking scene of the season.

WOAH the Emperor is so spooky here

ayyy lmao

its snoke

Cool drawing but too fantasy looking. Sheev was perfect.

no, looks like shit.

no because i'm over the age of 12

Star Wars died thirty years ago

No, it died three years ago, get over yourself.

You're right, it doesn't make it canon, even though it's canon anyway because of the PT. But this does prove that "fans" who criticised the PT for introducing the term, Sith. and ruined the OT because of it, were in the wrong.
Imagine spending years and years trying to convince everyone that the Sith was just something that Lucas came up just for the PT and find out 40 years later that it was actually something made up from the very start. The damage control must be unreal.

fans don't really criticize the introduction of the Sith. Fans criticize the films being poorly written and poorly directed.

Don't try to speak for everyone. A lot of people have seen a lot of "fans" giving him shit for using "Sith".