The best now coming up in the jumping

Other urls found in this thread:

stream.nbcolympics.com/nordic-combined-normal-hill-ski-jump
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stream (US I think)

stream.nbcolympics.com/nordic-combined-normal-hill-ski-jump

in for deathjump

do they actually jump or just slide off

They jump. Correct timing on the edge is very important.

I don't think anyone is watching this event...

Rehrl's jump was just amazing, will be fun to see if Riiber or Watabe can match it.

>Correct timing on the edge is very important.
but what about the nordic combined?

Doesn't seem that good lol

Why would you name your child after the man who oversaw the end of the empire?

I am because our women's curling team sucks.

haven't you won enough yet?

Is Watabe unbeatable overall?

Really good by Klapfer, the hill seems to suit him. As one of the best skiers, he definitely has a chance in top5 today.

His mother named him so she's generous.

I don't think we will win this

If Schmid jumps well, he can definitely beat Akito - as well as maybe Rydzek, who jumped amazing in the trial. Watabe is the clear favourite, though, and I hope he does well - he's very likable and modest.

oh shit suddenly this sport has gotten a little lively

why is no one watching this? is there anything better anyway?

women curling desu

but this is better then curling...

I'm watching.

>watching glorified bar sports

Pretty meh by Hirvonen, he's been mediocre the whole time on this hill. I hope he can do a bit better on the large hill competition, otherwise it looks like these olympics are a bit of a miss for our Nordic Combined team.

>large hill competition
Is there a bigger ski jump that they do?

What compels someone to bring a "jesus = heaven, no jesus = hell" sign to a fucking olympic competition?

faith

i don't share it but that's the obvious answer

The German Frenzel is the fastest skier, no? So his jump makes him the clear favourite?

That weird Korean moon christian cult?

the mistaken belief that anyone cares what they think

Yeah, there are two individual competitions in both nordic combined and ski jumping: the Normal Hill, usually witha hill size of about 105m, and the large hill that's 135m. The hill profiles can be a bit different and favor different types of jumpers, though usually the best are the best in both.

Aaaand Rydzek blew it, no German dominance this time. I'm liking it after all these years of Frenzelwinslol, heh

completely new to this sport. just joined. someone care to explain what i'm watching?

What are the other sports they do in this event?

apparently he did it at rio and sochi also

Letting the Jews know they will never win on world television. It's brilliant, really.

He hasn't been the fastest this year, it's been Riessle, Schmid, Graabak, Herola and Klapfer. Frenzel's position is still quite good.

Is it just me or does the Austrian boy leading look like a complete fucking autist? Also Hirvonen medal incoming :^)

>Fischer is sabotaging the Germans to help the Austrians

Huh I didn't know that, thanks

jesus was a literal jew though

Who was betrayed and crucified by Jews.

Why the hell did they let Graabak jump in those winds? Jesus, what a way to ruin his medal chances - no chance whatsoever to jump far there. The jury does it again.

Jan had two very bad trial jumps as well, not surprised.

Everybody getting disappointed

Is the wether that bad there this week or did Korea fuck up the designs?

still a jew, and being jewish isn't a confessional thing. you don't get to not be a jew anymore.

>juryjump

GG Norway

AND FINLAND LOSES AGAIN

And now they've done it to Schmid as well. Well done! Akito jumped really well and is the top favourite alongside Klapfer and Frenzel. Just sad to see that the Norwegians got fucked over.

Hirvonen was also surprisingly good after all, maybe I was too hasty. With good skiing, he could maybe fight for the medal!

No medals for Norway, Graabak and Schmid might as well just skip the CC.

He'll get his revenge.

does the wind not make this somewhat luck-based?

What the fuck is a Nordic Combined and why is it the only thing on right now?

A bit of both. The normal hill is pretty susceptible to winds, they did try to fix the large hill with the wind nets but I'm not too convinced with them to be honest. I miss Hakuba already, it's the only Asian hill where the wind isn't always crazy like Sapporo, Nagano, Pyongchang etc.

So is Norway going to win these Olympics? Or are there still a bunch of speed skating events left for the Dutch to clean up on?

has finland ever won?

so you want a jew to beat the jews?

>cbc has a woman on commentary
>voice sounds like constant complaining
>can almost hear the cracking because the pitch is so high
>male commentator doesn't talk because too soyboy to interrupt her
PLEASE SHUT UP AND PUT A REAL COMMENTATOR ON

Japs vs Korea in women's hockey about to start

ski jumping and then xc skiing

>be named Good
>finish last

>fairweather Norwegians

Bit of bad weather, but mostly I think the valley where the Olympics are held is very open so there is a lot if wind at all events

Mostly it's just an excuse though, the best athletes have won in the jumping, biathlon, alpine, slopestyle etc

nah, we're bombing in to many disciplines this year

he's good at finishing last

what? the commentating is fine. male commentator is talking a lot, including as i'm typing this comment right now. and the woman has a pretty low/deep voice. fuck off sexist

it's like biathlon, only with ski jumping instead of shooting

When's the last time someone died in ski jumping during the Olympics?

Finland was the best in Nordic Combined for quite many years, especially in 2000-2007 when Samppa Lajunen and Hannu Manninen dominated. Samppa won three golds in 2002 Salt Lake City and Hannu won the world cup four times in a row. Anssi Koivuranta also won the world cup in 2008-2009.

what happened to lukas danek that got his disqualified?

No point for them to waste energy today after awful ski jumps when they can win medals later in the games. I'll be watching either way of course.

I didn't mean specifically in Nordic Combined, just in general. Seems like Finland unironically always loses. Not in a tragic way, they always come close, but they never win.

more like alpine combined where they do downhill then slalom. the shooting and skiing in biathlon happen in the same race, not two separate parts

Who better to take down the Jew than a punished Jew?

That's the jumping done

Cross-country part WHEN?

His suit was probably too big. If you have a big suit, you get more area for the wind, therefore helping in the jumps. It's very strictly controlled (except sometimes for the Norwegians and Austrians in ski jumping).

isn't that a regulation thing? don't all the czech athletes have the same suits?

In one hour.

if he didn't know what nordic combined was, I wasn't going to count on him knowing what alpine combined was either

I always wondered why they wear such baggy suits in ski jump.

>woman has a pretty low/deep voice
>woman
>deep voice
and I found the feminist. Listen, I trashed on both commentators, don't bring your gender studies in this. The male fag sucks because he couldn't even finish a complete sentence without taking a few amateur breaks in between. He also only talks when the event is on break.

Well, that's true. We had our glory years as a sporting nation in 1910-1980 and ever since it's been downhill. Gone are the days when we won 13 medals and 4 golds like in Sarajevo 1984.

Olympic park evacuated to high winds, according to Nor TV

RIP Biathlon

So this is done for today? Or just on a break and they'll get to cross-country after?

I don't know I guess. Jesus also being a Jew always bothered me to be honest. Contemporary Jews deny that he's the Messiah, but they didn't unJew him. He was literally called King of the Jews. People who followed him were Jews, people that betrayed him were Jews that saw him as a threat.

what, you think women can never have deep voices? i don't mean compared to a typical man, but it's not some high whiny squeaky thing. LOL, insecure delusional fucktard. fuck off you stupid autistic daddy-issues nazi

Each jumper has his own suit (or rather, multiple suits) that they have usually made or modified themselves. The controls are so strict that at times, you an get disqualified if you haven't drunk a half litre of water that morning. It can come down to some millimetres, as every jumper wants to have as big of a suit as is allowed.

>except sometimes for the Norwegians and Austrians in ski jumping
Kek, Finnish seething is amazing

Plan is cross-country in 1 hour

Can this be delayed by wind?

>Watabe
>Jumping #3, +0:28
It's ok. Go Watabe!

They saw him as a threat because he started to question what they were doing. Jesus was the first redpiller.

IBU's twitter confirms delay until tomorrow

I have never seen cross-country delayed or cancelled due to wind

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Lol, I'm actually the guy who's always supported Poland in ski jumping (and now you'll probably laugh because of Johansson and Forfang cucking Kamil in the normal hill, lol). But anyway, I'm mainly talking about that one time in 2012 when Jacobsen had that crazy suit with sleeves that were 5cm too long, and the Austrian suits from 2007-2011. It isn't a problem nowadays though.

Hoping for all the best for Akito, I want him to win his first gold in championships level so bad. He's been number 2 for a too long time.

Not exactly. Kind of but not only. They saw him as a threat because a lot of Jews were following him and believing he was the Messiah, threatening their power. I might be wrong but this is what I remember.

Yeah that was a joke.

wtf, why would you be required to drink water

I mean that by missing that half a litre of water, you're a bit too light or dehydrated and your suit is then 0,3cm too large in the stomach or something. The point being, the suits are so optimal and on the verge of being against the rules that even small things can cause people to be dsq.

That's very strict for a sport that gathered like 10 people in the crowd and that produced the deadest thread of the Olympics so far. I like it don't get me wrong but it really looks like a dead sport to me.

WINGSUITS WHEN?