Why are americans so cancerous at football?

I just finished watching this from copa 90 (also just found out it's american- no wonder) and scrolled a little bit through the comments, and holy shit I have leukemia now
youtu. be/CMeDp0bE2nI

what the hell is wrong with USA and football? and why did the USA stick to handegg and such, instead of promoting football? You know, like the rest of the world

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CMeDp0bE2nI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I remember that game. First time I heard about this Messi lad. Didn't he turn it around? Or am I remembering wrong?

We just won the world championship not 2 weeks ago, dipshit

Because passing the ball around with your feet and legs isn't something Americans like. We prefer American football, basketball, and baseball. Soccer has slowly gotten popular, but it'll never be our sport.

>youtu.be/CMeDp0bE2nI

>why do people like different things than me reeeeeeeee
end yourself

Copa 90 is literally a r*ddit tier hipster channel for My Little Soccer faggots and cringey "Real football" soyboys.

>another obsession thread

you guys never dissapoint

I'm not gonna argue about if you care or not about football, because it's pretty clear that USA gives a fuck about it, and it's ok
the question is why?? If you are the most powerful nation on earth by economics and military and shit, wouldn't you also want to be the best(or at least competitive) at the sport that -literally- the whole world plays?

>why are americans so cancerous at football?

Because the people who follow soccer here are idiot hipsters. Feel free to shame.

yea he finished the tournament as golden boot winner with 6 goals and lifting the thropy

>because it's pretty clear that USA gives a fuck about it

No. A lumberjack competition outdrew our last World Cup qualifier on television. That should give you an idea of how much we care.

> If you are the most powerful nation on earth by economics and military and shit, wouldn't you also want to be the best(or at least competitive) at the sport that -literally- the whole world plays?

We're just not captivated by the game enough to care about beating the rest of the world at it. Sorry. Maybe if the Mexican invasion somehow changes the demographics enough to influence it, it might happen, but it's not happening anytime soon.

What would've caused mass suicides in soccer countries (missing the world cup) was met with a shrug here.

we started playing our sports before soccer got popular elsewhere, we were always kinda isolationist and won't just play a sport because other countries play it.

>A lumberjack competition outdrew our last World Cup qualifier on television. That should give you an idea of how much we care.
kek. And the fact that so many people in into a fucking lumberjack competition should give you an idea of how retarded your populace is, and thus why you all like dogshit sports. Very simple stuff.

>n-notice me s-senpai
Why do you cucks care what americans think of soccer, let the have their commercial ball and leave them alone.

>so many people

No. It's because no one watched the divegrass game, so the viewership for that wasn't exactly hard to beat.

>Dogshit sports.

Your "sport," ends in a tie 30% of the time and has something that resembles a Mario Party minigame to decide major matches.

KEK, indeed.

t. Cletus who masturbates to giganiggers crashing and grinding each other

>reddit spacing
La calamidad....

ICE didn't catch you Pacos, yet? Trump is slacking.

>game ends in 0-0 tie
lmao

ironically soccer fans are much more likely to be turbo mutts since you're all mexican

La luz extinguida.....

>ICE
I can promise you right now, there are hardly any beaners in your trailer trash flyover shithole so there's no need to be this rustled, Jebediah.

the worst thing that can happen to a sport is having its fanbase from the upper middle class. Thats why soccer and hockey are so cancerous in the US

name a better football-realated channel and do it without using Sup Forums buzzzwords

None because American soccer channels are cringe inducing garbage. Also, following a soccer channel on youtube is beyond fucking retarded. Taking shit like Arsenalfantv seriously means you have an under 100 IQ level.

sorry, I meant that you don't give a fuck about football

based japan

In America people don't really choose what they're into. People are told to like something and then they do. No tv channels have really ever seen a reason to tell people to like soccer since they can't really run ads during it. If NBC or CBS told them that soccer is the hot new thing then people would care.

>4 major sports
>people can't choose!!!

>4 major team sports
>hundreds of competitive high school sports
>they only play it because tv said so :P
but those countries that literally only play soccer, ah yeah, those guys are making an objective decision that they just want to play soccer even if it's their only option.

Soccer stinks. Run and fall down, who cares? Hold your knee and pretend it hurts. What a sissy sport.
Jogging. It's fucking jogging.

Americans are ultimate customers. I have heard people cry about how halftime shows are not worth the money they pay for the ticket.

The only benefit to watching American streams is listening to Ameriblobs pronouncing footballers names incredibly wrong

You know how the meme is Argentines are arrogant towards everyone? We are the same although it typically it's only against soccer. When cleetus and james want to watch American football they want to get drunk with their beer belly out and say stupid shit while grown men hit each other with bone breaking hits. Strategically American football is kind of like a miniature war. Soccer is a more fluid game and has small things that are really important that Americans just don't like. Plus soccer players aren't physically genetic specimen although recently that's changed with guys like Zlatan and Cr7, but soccer is getting popular, but it'll never be our sport. And as a whole I think Americans are okay with it.

It's ok. People from different countries can like different things. I don't really know why Eurofags/Argies/BRs/etc football fans get so buttblasted.

>please notice me senpai, why don't Americans like football?
*Burger posts in a football thread*
>what do you know about football?
CHICANO REEEEEE GET OUT

Honestly it's trolling and you should ignore it. People need to start using the sage function on this site again.

he's right though.
Fuck off, Ahmed

Once watched a stream from an American channel where Genoa was playing and they have a left back named Stephane Omeonga. The commentator just decided to call him "Aubameyang" the entire match, apologized for it after the half and then proceeded to call him Aubameyang again

why do americans speak like they are in a movie

talk about clickbait, no one realistically thought he was better than anyone. plus anyone 'in the know' knew about the age rumors. total nike marketing push

Fuck you, amerimutt. Go watch your niggercrash.

>the worst thing that can happen to a sport is having its fanbase from the upper middle class.
this

Why do brits speak like cats reading the bible?

>As a 14,15,16 year old
What did he mean by this?

>this obsessed argentine again

its a shit sport antithetical to everything Americans and the only people that would follow it here are cancerous shitbags

Nobody likes an American socker fan

soccer is for poor people lol

Baseball and football were already popular, but retarded infighting between pro-am leagues and FIFA in the 20s and 30s followed by the Great Depression and WWII and the mindset that followed killed whatever chance soccer had to become part of our culture. No major domestic leagues, no go.

>that whole channel
What the fug
>how divorce created m'bappe
>why nutmegs are the ultimate humiliation
>is coutinho the heir to messis throne

>yfw Pulisic is the new Freddy Adu

>it has over 1 million subscribers

America is not a nation. We're a business. And football (soccer) has two 45 minute half's. So the only time commercials can be shown is at that one halftime break.

As a consequence, sponsors are reluctant to climb on board and football (soccer) in the United States gets little air time.

At the local level in some regions, teams do pretty well with attendance.

But unless the game is changed to accommodate sponsors and television commercials, the sport will never gain much national traction here.

Just the way it is.

Time spent watching one sport can't be spent watching another sport. Money spent supporting one sport can't be spent watching another sport. Sports leagues popped up across the globe as countries urbanized and peoples' spending power and leisure time increased. This process did not happen at the exact same time in every country. Some reached the sweet spot in urbanization, free time, and expendable income where sports leagues could develop earlier than others. America might have just reached it before soccer was too big to ignore. By the time soccer started getting popular, American football and baseball were already well established. It could be that America was simply unwilling to adopt a sport that was British, since we readily adopted basketball and hockey from Canada. Of course, boxing was really popular in America and it declined at about the same time hockey and basketball grew. I don't buy all these arguments about soccer being wimpy (see basketball) or boring (see baseball) or low scoring (see hockey) or not violent enough (see baseball again). These are poc hoc excuses that I don't think anyone started giving until after soccer had become extremely popular and Americans had to explain why they weren't playing also.

>implying all argie posts are from the same person
I could also say the same
>this obsessed american again

Why are all argie threads so shit? you are always whining about something. Just go back to Taringa or whatever homeboard you came from

Eh everyone gives us shit we're Americans after all it's either like us or hate us no real in between. Most Americans don't really even talk to foreigners outside of Sup Forums, it's one of the reasons we come off as autistic. But soccer is getting popular since it's easier for billionaires to buy a franchise and put it in a city. While buying a basketball or American football franchise requires going through a committee. Eventually it'll become more lucrative and maybe just maybe soccer will be adopted more. The only people who unironically care about soccer in the U.S are chicanos, white hipsters, and other latinos in the U.S

This guy gets it

It's just a single taringashit that has been shitting the board for the past week.

Remember to sage your posts and that's it.