Why don't they make good crime films anymore?

why don't they make good crime films anymore?

Most crime is done by hackers now

I hope you're not holding that up as a good crime film.

>hey bitch, I just met you but let's get married
>lol we can't adopt kids so I'm gonna fuck over this mafioso

James Caan is such a shitty actor. The only thing this movie had going for it were the visuals(which all Mann films have) and being Dennis Farina's first appearance.

Try to pay attention when you watch films.

Because with crime people get hurt in & around it. This generation of stick-bundlers would flee from theatres in search of a 'safe-space'...

tv series do it better

>Michael Mann'sThief

The birth of Drivecore

(you)

so now that we are done memeing, I think the real answer is that alot of ideas revolving around crime movies has already been done.

Sure you could remake one or have a spiritual successor, but as far as creative ideas go its difficult to top whats already out there. Not saying its not possible, but in this creative barren wasteland that hollywood has created its unlikely.

>Grandiloquent masochism of the kind an adolescent boy might fantasize. With rain outside and smoke inside, this Chicago-set movie is almost a parody of film noir: it's the underworld movies of the 40s and 50s made volcanic and abstract and existential. This is the first theatrical feature by the writer-director Michael Mann, and he has designed it like a choo-choo train to the box office. James Caan is the big-time safecracker who wants to take his bundle and retire, marry, have a nice house, and raise a family. But the corrupt System won't let him. The film is hyper-animated by this conception of existential tragedy: the thief--a loner in pain, the embodiment of a macho mystique--must learn that he's free only when he doesn't care about life and has nothing to lose. The film sets up an improbable character in a series of rigged situations and then leaps to universal despairing conclusions. Mann belongs to the pressure-cooker school of filmmaking: Tangerine Dream's synthesized electronic music pulsates like mad, and the cinematography (by Donald Thorin) is so snazzy it overwhelms the action.

This movie was pure shit. It ruined my record of only bringing kino to movie night. The ending shootout was laughably bad.

Can a hacker Jimmy a truck lock? Didn't think so, pal.

Drive

But you are right. I really miss that kins of 70's/80's crime film. They just don't make em like that anymore.

That was Le Samourai but I still like Thief the best

not that same era but how was Live by night?

>tfw learned how to pick locks in InfoSec

An agenda dressed up as a movie. Not good at all.

This. Le samourai is the grandfather of all autism core

She sounds like she has a huge dick

That's why everyone hates you Argonian fuckin' shitters

State your previous 3 offerings to said night.

Same reason we don't get good comedies.

>Can a hacker Jimmy a truck lock?
>explodingvan.jpg

NCFOM, Heat, and Apocalypto.

>This movie was pure shit.
You're pure shit.

I'll break into your lock in ten seconds baby

Nothing wrong with playing it safe user.

At least I didn't choose Goodfellas or Pulp Fiction.