twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop having low standards

Stop, invincible son

Man of murder

What falls ... is fallen

Jar of piss

Etc

NOLAN

Stop making cherrypicked images for a start.

Can you post some good lines from Civil War?

>spotted the redditor

How would Alfred know any of that shit? Is he a philosopher now or something?

MCU does it right. It's a big goofy superhero world where nothing really makes sense... have fun with it. DCCU tries to do the Nolan super serious thing but it fails because they have shit like Doomsday in it. Either go for serious ultrarealistic superhero world or just do it straight up fantastical. Trying to do both doesn't work, it's stupid.

Does anyone have orange slices is Shakespeare tier dialogue bro.

>What is The Iliad?
>What is The Orestia?
>What is Beowulf?
>What is The Divine Comedy?
>What is Paradise Lost?
>What is Moby Dick?
>What is The Lord of the Rings?

Serious literature has elements that "don't make sense" combined with "ultrarealistic" persons.
Grow up, kid.

>Trying to do both doesn't work
You have never read an actual epic in your life. Stick to Marvel you pleb.

I agree; not only Shakespear, but one of Chaucer's most memorable passages is about a dude farting super loud on somebody's face. It's obvious (for any non DCdiot) that MCU writers are attempting to capture that exercise of communion between the letter-wrought divine and the popular or "base"

We need to stop the comparisons. DC make complex, unorthodox films for people who are into that, Marvel make fun explosive adventures for people who are into that. There's no shame in either approach, they're just different. It's like criticising Law & Order for not being like CSI Miami and vice versa, they're categorically the same but they're very different and that's fine.

>What is The Iliad?
>What is The Orestia?
>What is Beowulf?
>What is Paradise Lost?
>What is Moby Dick?
>What is The Lord of the Rings?
Pretentious books for pretentious retards?
I bet you even googled those book names on the fly to look smart lmao faggot

>mfw I watch and enjoy watching both DC and Marvel movies alike
How's that autism treating you, guys?

>"A pinch of paprika........a pinch?"

Only the most learned Kinosseurs can appreciate this.

Stick to your DC kiddie threads you fucking shit.

>trying this hard to troll me

Watching them is fine, but liking themboth equally is not

>What is The Iliad?
>What is The Orestia?
>What is Beowulf?

Shit taste user

>no retort
Expected as much

>american education

>literally who hero with stupid name made as much many as movie about iconic heroes with ticketbait in the title
I dunno, mate. Save them from success?

>Europeans read books
No wonder your continent is getting flooded with Ahmeds and Mandingos when you are too busy being a bunch of pansy ass fags with your books you cucks

how stupid do you have to be to not get that the top half is a textbook example of pseudo-intellectual bad writing and the bottom half is a throwaway quip? Which one do you think modern audiences respond well to?

I think it's funny because Ant Man had been better then any of the DC movies in the past 4 years

>LotR
>ultra realistic people
Everyone is a fucking walking cliche of either goodness or evilness, for fuck's sake.

Thanks for destabilizing Middle East/North Africa you faggots. Guess the oil was worth destroying white men civilization.

none of those books contain morally myopic super heroes in spandex

America is safe Yuropoor and that's all that matters.
Enjoy sucking Ahmed's cum off your wife's coochie

U S A
S
A

we kill the capeshit.

>DC make complex, unorthodox films
If you have a double digit IQ, yes. I'm not trying to meme here; I'm honestly saying that if you genuinely find whatever DC or Marvel push out onto screen complex or intellectually unorthodox in any way, you're most likely an idiot.

>myopic

Use words correctly or go back to plebbit

>when the writing is so bad the pseudointellectual author has to wade in of his own accord and fluff up his own shit on a blog
lol

>How would Alfred know any of that shit? Is he a philosopher now or something?

By reading. What's wrong with you?

>he thinks black and white morality isn't shortsighted

>rodriguez steal his job
>jamal fucks his wife
>police shot him

USA USA USA

>being this fucking retarded

There is no essential relationship between short-sightedness and a rigid black/white morality.

You could say that Batman was myopic if he was failing to see aspects of morality. If he has a problem in the film, it was not that. If he had a problem, it was in misidentifying good as evil and evil as good. But that mistake is not the result of myopia.

>bad hombres stealing my job
bad hombres only work on shit tier jobs that no one else wants
>jamal fucking my wife
I don't live on Commifornia or Cuckrida so that's not happening
>Police shooting me
I'm not a nigger

Go help some ship full of mudslimes reach your coasts and don't forget to say thanks when one of them runs over you with a truck cuck

>You could say that Batman was myopic
I'm sorry, I don't watch children's films.
>There is no essential relationship between short-sightedness and a rigid black/white morality.
Yes, there is. You'll understand when you're older.

>muh 60% white america

>no counterargument
Back to the mosque Ahmed

JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN BRO IT'S CAPESHIT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE RETARDED AS FUCK

>tfw too smart to turn off brain and enjoy Marvel

This is kino transcendant.

>"Should I have let them die?" "I don't know. Maybe."
>Books are knowledge and knowledge is power, and I am... no. Um, no. What am I? What was I saying?
>BOYS!
>Dude, Jolly Ranchers, lmao
>Granny's Peach Tea
>Muhrtha
>DING DING DING DING
>HONKA HONKA
>I'm in! I need... friends.
>I hear you talk to fish XD
>"What are your powers?" "I'm rich."

Pot, meet kettle. Capeshit is capeshit even when Snyder chucks half-baked self-masturbatory religious symbolism and 15-year-old-tier nihilistic Randian crap all over it. (Before you call me a shill: i loved MoS, and appreciated much of what BvS tried to do in terms of reinvention, and admit that its imagery and cinematography was god-tier)

Snyder is better at imagery than anyone in the MCU, but it doesnt change the fact that the films are plotted awfully, and that it often seems like a clunky rush to the next image with no cohesiveness.
The majority of people dislike BvS, but not because they didnt get it. They dislike it because it was obvious what Snyder was trying to achieve, and obvious that he failed (and there's the not muh fags but who cares about their opinions)

Your films have their shit moments too. They aren't flawless kino. You aren't some intellectual martyr speaking out against shills and breaking free from the mindless sheeple. The films aren't perfect. And you know what, that's fine - they dont have to be! You enjoy them for what they are, and thats fine. Just embrace it - laugh about their flaws, or even just say that they don't bother you instead of REEEEEing and shunting the blame onto people "just not getting it" or "marveldrones/numales/quiplovers/cucks/shills/jews". Enjoy your films.

But dont be an elitist, confrontational prick about it? Critique other capeshit if you want, but recognise that it doesmt invalidate the opinions of those who can look past it and find more to enjoy in the film. Dont get mad when people like things you dont like.

(Written at midnight, havent edited, be nice)

Most of those works are only esteemed for their historical value.

le epic lines

Read the Illiad last year. It holds up really well. The Hollywood version butchered the story.

>tfw you can't spell capeshit without Sup Forums

How come the only people starting these Marvel vs DC threads are DC fans?

Marvel is so far ahead that they don't even care about DC. It's like an ant yelling at a elephant.

N-No! This isn't fair!!!! WE WORKED SO HARD!!!!

>What falls ... is fallen

Snyder is breaking from the Batman character Nolan established:
>why do we fall
>so we can learn to pick ourselves up

This is a Batman who hasn't picked himself up. There's no more essential line in the whole film than this.

>those Avengers numbers
Disgusting

Now factor the budgets into this, friend.

>Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move. It is your duty, to plant yourself like a tree, look them in they eye and say, " No... ... you move.

its actually pretty underrated considering Cap said the same thing in the comics

I really think Marvel's best response is to act like the moviegoing audiences and just completely ignore that the DCEU exists.

He is a Sup Forumsedditor from Sweden. He loves to call Marvel fans as Pakis or Pajeets.

Disney spent a fortune on BvS smear campaigns. You're delusional if you don't think every move Marvel makes is based on what DCEU does.

Hell even Thor is desperately gunning for the Harley Quinn audience. It's pathetic.

MARVEL needs to step up on their animation game desu. I give UA a pass since nostalgia and all but dayumn they were all fucking shitty.

They also NEED to acquire X-Man license cause their good IP is running out.

Also less Quips and need to break the formula and take fucking risks it's getting tiring watching Marvel flicks.

Martha?

you must not use Sup Forums much

>Disney spent a fortune on BvS smear campaigns.

They more or less completely own sites like Polygon and they also have incredible social media presence doing really shady shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=iFU02pbKD6c

youtube.com/watch?v=cthjod9awzI

All the companies paying to embarass themselves to slobber whatever shitty character Marvel lets out gives them a big budget to take down DC

The problem with Batman vs. Superman is that much of the plot doesn't pass the "so what" test. Like Lois's investigation of Lex's mercenaries and their special Lex-branded bullets. An absurd scheme to frame Superman for wrecking an African village which leads to Superman being summoned to court. But so what? The courtroom is blown up before Superman says a word and the entire subplot is never mentioned again. Lex tries to prejudice Batman and Superman against one another by stealing disability checks and sharing articles about Batman branding criminals. So what? The fight is eventually staged by simply kidnapping Superman's mom, rendering Lex's preceding machinations completely pointless. Abysmal storytelling and an unforgiveable waste of time in a movie that despite a bloated 3+ hours length, can't even spare a few minutes to give Superman more than 42 lines or squeeze in scenes for Wonder Woman to talk to anyone other than Bruce Wayne.

In contrast, Marvel's Civil War is a masterpiece of efficient storytelling. Batman vs Superman struggles to effectively tell a story about a couple of superheroes, one villain and a love interest. Civil War manages to credibly weave over a dozen heroes into a tightly-focused story, two of whom are main characters, half of which are properly developed and characterised and all of whom, even the "guest stars", get something cool to say or do. Even Falcon gets more dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in his own movie! "Quip"-filled though it may be, the conversations in Civil War flow like real banter between real people, and do a good job of conveying the personalities of the characters. Zack Snyder seems to believe a few pompous pronouncements and Biblical motifs are enough to secure the audiences empathy with his heroes. But they aren't. Hence Batman vs Superman's 27% RT score, Razzie award, and failure to reach $1bn despite starring the two biggest names in the comic book industry.

I've never felt this bad for somebody I don't know. You really think it's a conspiracy that makes people hate a 3 hour long intro to philosophy class shot in black and white?

>Stop, invincible son
do people really not understand this scene?

Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

oh my, a screenshot of selected twitter comments and a pair of youtube links have clearly brought me around to your way of thinking.

Civil War was garbo.

As a film, it totally fails.

>How do we save the MCU bros?
it doesn't need saving unlike some other franchise

Go read the reviews on RT for Civil War with a straight face. I dare you. Disney has these online bloggers by the balls.

>Remember that really old movie, "the Empire Strikes Back"?

It is a brilliantly crafted line, in that in a single sentence, it demonstrates that Peter Parker is young (most young people refer to Empire Strikes Back as, "That really old movie". They specify the age of the movie, because that is it's most notable aspect to them.) and that he is a nerd (only extreme nerds and kinotologists have seen the Empire Strikes Back). DC could never come up with such rich and effective dialogue.

why doesn't DC just sell branded tinfoil hats?

Damn, this made me think almost as much as the time a music fanatic referenced Beyoncé. Beyoncé is of course a singer and therefore it makes sense for a music fanatic like Dr Strange to reference Beyoncé. It shows that he knows about music because Beyoncé is music and also Adele.

waiting on that cyborg movie first

>this thread
>all this autism over two dumb movies

Sup Forums is a fucking comedy goldmine.

Detective "No legs" Comics

save what? Marvel is fun! it makes me feel like a kid again :DDD

>I'm rich....

Says the elf

Hes a spic

Pray this is bait.

Snyder is hardly on par with any of that. His CONTENT is the problem.

Desaturate the colors, make sure the plots don't make sense, remove all humor and compassion from the characters.

You are very foolish.

it's over, you failed

>Did I

BvS is more vibrant than the grey washed out mess that is Civil War.

oh wow the berniebro marvelcucks really came out in full force to smash that dislike

DELET

>"I bet your parents taught you that you mean something; that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in a gutter for no reason at all. They taught me that the world only makes sense if you force it to.” - Batman

>"I'm bringing the party to you".
-Tony Stark

really makes you think

Damn imagine the buttmad marvel drone that screencapped this. No doubt he has thumbed down everything WB puts up on routine.

Stop casting pedophiles and start making different movies.

At least I can remember both the context of the orange slices bit and the tone of voice Rudd used.

I honestly can't remember that line from (I want to say) BvS. Hell, you could tell me that scene was from Man of Steel and I wouldn't be surprised. DC's recent efforts have been bland as fuck and so many of the scenes barely matter that I struggle to remember a lot of them.

>Hell, you could tell me that scene was from Man of Steel
>Alfred
>In Man of Steel
It's not the film's fault you're a retard whose neurons only responds to quips and one-liners.

>the man with the old navy shirt is a DC fan

how can you tell?

>america32
>32
I wonder who could be posting this

Come to think of it, up IS down, and black really IS white! You're right!