Why are americans so good at snowboarding?

Why are americans so good at snowboarding?

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/2018/2/14/17012212/olympics-2018-shaun-white-gold-sexual-harassment-allegations
youtube.com/watch?v=iZus8ipOMVc
matomedane.jp/page/4024
pyeongchang.yahoo.co.jp/column/detail/201802140008-spnavi
naruhesonogoma.com/1885.html
blog.livedoor.jp/rock1963roll/archives/4893384.html
news.com.au/sport/winter-olympics/jawdropping-sexual-harassment-allegations-emerge-against-shaun-white/news-story/1ec7d9afaf9557f5954a94fe14fbd48b
youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we invented it

Because it's a meme sport they can statpad medals in.

Bro culture.
Australians are good too.

ZERO
MEDALS

You're not allowed to talk until you get a medal.

Wtf does "meme sport" even mean? I noticed that people only use that word when they are bad at a sport. It's pretty cringe

>invent sport
>be terrible at it
Top kuk

because the judges choose who wins in snowboarding and this has nothing to do with real sports

Sports that rely on anything other than a time should be banned, subjective scores are a meme.

There’s a rather large snowboarding/skiing culture here, at least in California there is, especially amongst affluent communities. Most people in the state are 2-4 hours from a good mountain.

Chloe Kim

Because global sucess in a sport is all about relative popularity. It’s more popular and more well funded in the U.S. compared to the rest of the world.

because they have the most technological advanced snowboards and their athletes use performance enhancing drugs. there is a reason why american athletes are all muscular in a weird way.

where are the canadians?

they are usually right there

I was wondering this too. I don't follow snowboarding, but I just assumed Canadians would be the GOAT or at least among the elite snowboarding nations.

it means it's not a real sport by any measure. things that could only get traction in america a country that unironically calls the wwe a sport

Because they suck at every real sport

I don't follow snowboarding so I don't really know but we got two silvers and a bronze this year.

>Have dedicated yearly event that is at least semi-popular for snowboarding
>Drives competition, thus rinsing out top class athletes, making them better and better

because it's a "sport" with a jury

this

there's other objective methods to determine a winner than time, but I agree that anything with judges is a non-sport

Come on Paolo, still assmad that USA dominated in Rio?

vox.com/2018/2/14/17012212/olympics-2018-shaun-white-gold-sexual-harassment-allegations
White stripped of medal when?

Thanks for saving my pic, Hue.

Because as other said it's not really a sport, it's a hobby, and is seen as childish and not prestigious by many other countries federations who thus don't really invest on it. It's also why some really good pro snowborders don't bother to participate and prefer make cash elsewhere.

Snow is the only white thing left in America so they're obsessed with it.

You guys just want ever sport at the olympics to be povertyball
>B-but you just want every s-sport to be swim--
Nope, we still have all the medals either way

made up "sport" to get the usa some medals at the winter games

First world countries have more time to fuck around in the snow

sorry rest of the world, try not being poor as fuck

Stay mad. We dominate the summer Olympics. Are those not real sports?

Because they suck in skiing

>Stay mad
There, that's what we call childish. We don't get mad or take pride at something we don't consider prestigious, we simply don't care.
Also there's fuck tons of non sports at the summer Olympics, horses, guns, boats, and so on.

>being this insecure and defensive

The absolute state of Algerian self esteem

>*reees internally*

They are good at slopestyle but not half pipe because a half pipe that big and big enough to train on is super rare. That's why the USA dominates half pipe, we have most of the big super pipes

jej, when will you hit puberty?

Cause when it gets cold in Guantanamo, they got to do something with all that water.

Our guys only give a shit about real snowboarding AKA Slopestyle

the real question is why they suck at biathlon despite shooting each other all day

well xgame tier crap made its way to the summer olympics as well

this. the biggest and best pipes are in america, specifically colorado. That's why all the international people who were in the boarding competitions all based out of colorado, like the 17 year old nip.

>100 kinds of swimming, jumping and running, all under the effect of drugs
No, they aren't.

They weren't living targets.

subliminal messaging when we were kids.

and I forgot pic

Targets arent fat enough

>
> ill redefine everything that isn't losing 7-1 german's a sport

>snow stoner plank

Distance, Time and any objective measurements are fine, but shit with judges shouldn't be at the Olympics

90's in America was literally ALL about "Extreme Sports". An entire decade of kids wanting nothing but to grow up to be famous skateboarders, snowboarders, BMX, you name it

>Sports that rely on anything other than a time should be banned, subjective scores are a meme.
What sport isn't subjective? Any sport with a referee is subjective.

>Shaun White
Wow since drumpf took over even your athletes can get away with this kind of shit.

fun thing about extreme sports is they're not sports at all

The afternoon guys on WFAN today were making a big deal about this. Francesa back when?

Explains why 90% of americans are braindead.

A referee is there to make sure every contestant follows the rules, not to hand-pick a winner based on arbitrary judgement of aesthetics, like judges in meme sports.

Anyone paintball..?

>tfw your "sport" is virtually dead :(

I'm 35 and this is complete bullshit. At best you had a handful of kids buying skateboards that normally wouldn't in another decade.

El abominable mutto de los nieves.....

he wasn't talking about you you fucking geezer gen xer. People who grew up in the 90s were millennials.

>35
>Sup Forums

>A referee is there to make sure every contestant follows the rules
No, they're often there to manipulate the results.

>not to hand-pick a winner based on arbitrary judgement of aesthetics
But the decisions referees make are often arbitrary.

If you were born after 1993 at the latest you did NOT grow up in the 1990s.

He would have grown up in the 90s you retarded faggot. He would have only been 10 or 11 in 1993.

>Tfw comfy as hell /ASP/ is now a desolate wasteland of wrestlefags for all eternity

Although it's about 50/50 here when it comes to skiing vs snowboarding here, the younger talent tends to lean toward snowboarding because it is (somewhat) similar to surfing or skating which are very popular in pop culture.

>huelocaust

Plus sbk, ssx being sick as hell games

We're 2kool4skool. The cornerstone of skill at both snowboarding and surfing.

>youtube.com/watch?v=iZus8ipOMVc
>matomedane.jp/page/4024
>pyeongchang.yahoo.co.jp/column/detail/201802140008-spnavi
>naruhesonogoma.com/1885.html
>blog.livedoor.jp/rock1963roll/archives/4893384.html

WE HAVE ANOTHER LEVEL

AND THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER STILL

news.com.au/sport/winter-olympics/jawdropping-sexual-harassment-allegations-emerge-against-shaun-white/news-story/1ec7d9afaf9557f5954a94fe14fbd48b
Shaun White is a literal Sup Forumstard.

all refereeing is subjective, just some refereeing gives points, and others removes yards, and others gives point opportunities, yada yada

>t. Ayumu

I think someones jealous.

Any news on that nip that took a fall yesterday?

Kinda like your Navy?

sexual harassment case against a star athlete? wow surely that has never happened to any athlete before.

oh wait...it happens to pretty much all of them. Whores always looking to cash in on an easy settlement in civil court.

And yet a fucking American shota beat your whole team

No serious injuries.

Translation おねがいします

lmao people get so heated that they actually post things this stupid

Colorado has 4 well maintained, full sized half-pipes every year every season

No where else in the world has that many facilities in one area specifically catering to snowboarding

90% of the snowboarders you see in these competitions come and train in Colorado, its basically an international snowboard factory

youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

why can't you win any medals in winter sports? Almost all of them involve riding something which is all you medal in the summer games