Men have I higher suicide rate though

Men have I higher suicide rate though.

>wahhhhh white males under underrepresented
kill yourself SJW

Don't lie to yourself, faggot. The entire series is about she's "objectified" by everybody and wants to kill herself because of it, which is retarded.

If this were the issue, then males having 4x the suicides makes no sense. Normalfags are literally never going to learn.

The suicides are never going to drop even remotely, at least not because of 13 reasons why.

As a post-trauma care worker; the number of men who kill themselves is staggeringly higher.
Women have a much better time coping with the loss of loved ones as well.

The most dangerous cases we have are men without children who lose a partner. They are extremely at risk of dangerous behaviours such as alcoholism or self-harm in this period, almost 25% more than women.

It may sound SJW to say it but "toxic masculinity" is a cause. But its a cause thats CONSISTENTLY supported by women as well, "man up" "don't be a pussy" "provide" etc etc.

>Dude I'm fine leave me alone lmao
>Dude why'd you leave me alone I killed myself over that lmao

SJW is a watered down reddit term just to criticize people you disagree with.

idk if their is any britbongs here but this recent series of broadchurch (which is actually pretty good) has gone this route. a character tries to kill themselves a recieve nothing but that shit. there is also a part where a 19/20 yo boy is saying that without a certain character he might have killed himself. and olivia colman's character who is like 'the voice of reason' person rolls her eyes. never really one to be offended but fuck it that shit triggered me

>81615695
*male character

This sums up the series pretty well fuck hannah and everyone in this show except Jeff RIP

Every episode is literally

>my life cant get worse!
>slut rumors
>no friends
>slut list
>groped
>literally raped by A WHITE MALE

I'd kill myself if a third of those things happened to me.

Britbong here, I haven't seen broadchurch but I was a police officer and most suicides I went to/heard of were males
That is anecdotal, but I know it's supported academically too
Your post has peeved me a bit if that really happened in the show

>tfw when i went to school without everyone having cellphones and the capacity of sharing embarassing photos any second of the day

I did and say a lot of stupid shit in HS so I kinda see things on the series happening.

>Men have I higher suicide rate though.

nah this third season has been great
its that one small aspect, it has a very feminist angle so if youre Sup Forums then i guess dont watch it

I'm britbong as well. If thats the case fuck me thats infuriating.
People don't tend to grasp how important small connections are for men, they don't have the extensive and supportive networks that women do. Its why women deal with breakups and such better as well; whereas frequently a guy will have his girlfriend/wife as their only real emotional support.
Generally the smallest positive interactions can have huge affects for anyone vulnerable mentally and belittlement/shaming men is a consistently encouraged practice amongst girls which really makes me ashamed.

So what? You are only allowed to tell stories that exactly match the statistical average?

I think the point is that its a made tragedy because its a girl. This happens a ton, any story with a young individual committing suicide in a tv show is highly likely to be a girl.

Men's mental health is largely ignored because they "have it better".

Lmao fuck men tho

>Men's mental health is largely ignored because they "have it better".
I see that. It's simply regarded as whimsical when a man talks about his feelings and struggles, and thus it's hard to relate to that. I feel the same way, if the show was about some dude killing himself, I probably wouldn't be interested. Girls are simply more relatable victims.

Its a symptom of societal pressures for men to just bury everything til they eventually crack and harm themselves. Girls are only relatable victims because its "acceptable" when they cry or express themselves. When a man does it, its pathetic or unsettling.

Its going to require men to be able to talk about their feeling openly without ridicule or exclusion by both men and women to get rid of it as an "unnatural" phenomena. Working with men suffering from trauma and suicide really opened my eyes alot.

>watching netflix originals

yea you should probably contribute to that rate then. big boi.

no one gives a shit about men

reminder if you watch this shit made for moody teenage girls as a 20 something adult male you should be ashamed

When I read the book I thought "This is the most stupid suicide I have ever hear of". The MC is such a whiny bitch.
Is the show that good? Because the book sure isn't.