Citizens of Sup Forums: I've noticed many threads concerning health issues and I know about the cost of healthcare in...

Citizens of Sup Forums: I've noticed many threads concerning health issues and I know about the cost of healthcare in the US. I'm a medical student and I'm willing to answer your medical questions.

Attached: Albert_Schweitzer_Lambarene.jpg (428x714, 67K)

What does it mean when your toungue goes numb for a little bit several different days?

did you eat anything hot, spicy or something you might be allergic to?

me dik stank?

are you circumcised? If not, can you pull your foreskin back?

clean me dik every day eh. in the shower i jeck off with a bar of soap yeh?

No it happens at random on several different days. Tongue goes numb for a few minutes then goes back to normal. Sometimes fingers do the same but mostly tongue

almost every single day in the last couple of months i wake up to my arm or hand being asleep. I'm not rolling onto it as far as i can tell.

wut happen?

any problem moving your tounge/ fingers when they are numb?

does it fall asleep during the day aswell?

nope. started lifting heavier in the cold around midnight. possibly related?

Please tell me why antidepressants and antipsychotics are bullshit and why I should continue to stay off them.

OP here. You shouldn't bother. Just do society a favor and kill yourself.

did your hands start feeling colder? How long does it take until you regain a normal feeling in your hands

No just tingling/pins and needles sensation

Can't do that, not whilst the Jews are running rampant

they are a class of drugs with heavy side effects but generally show good results. If you can do without them, stay off

I suppose they did but i spent the last 7 or so years in only heat so i can't really tell if theres a change.

takes about 10-15 minutes of rubbing it or just moving to get it back. it never wakes me up itself just like that when my alarm goes off.

How long does it usually last. Have you observed anything that makes it go away more quickly?

10 to 15 minutes is longer than it should take. Are both hands affected equally? Do you take any medication?

no just the right hand/arm. even flipped my mattress and slept on the ground to see if maybe it was just my bed but no dice. no meds but occasional ibuprofen 400mg maybe once every couple weeks.

Like 1-5 minutes. For the tongue drinking something warm helps. Fingers only happened twice so dont know what helps

>Real actual medical question
I have far gone Neurofibromatosis type... 2 (I think) the kind that have the growths outside.

I have a tumor(?) above my left ear. It has grown a few 100% over 10 years, when should I have it removed? It´s getting out off hand.

are you right handed? It could be tendonitis, for example caused by an overly large stress on your wrist. This can include weight lifting, but also overusing you computer mouse.
Have you noticed any change when you take ibuprofen? If it were a tendonitis, you should feel a quicker relief when taking antiinflammatory drugs (e.g. Ibuprofen or Asprin).
Next time it happens, try taking an Asprin and see if it affects the numbness in any way. If it does, it is likely to be tendonitis

am right handed. had tendonitis in my ankles years ago and didn't have the same issue but your the doc doc.

you should try asking a >real medical doctor

Have you ever tried putting your fingers in warm water or tried holding a warm cup of coffee/tea/etc? Does the numbness go away faster? Are you a frequent smoker? How old are you?

This is definitely a surgical issue. I'm afraid you should see someone in person for that

This is definitely a surgical issue. I'm afraid you should see someone in person for that

Sorry, replied to the wrong post

To verify the diagnosis tendonitis, you would need an ultrasound or an MRI scan. Otherwise you could try to use your right hand as little as possible for roughly a week and see if you notice any change

No havent tried anything with fingers. Smoked off/on for about 30 years. 61 years old

Also stopped smoking about 6 years ago

Additionally you could use a wrist-support splint

good thing i jack it with the left. if it is tendonitis other than the pain or whatever is there a chance of it causing damage? i'll just deal with it if its just inconvenient

Any shaking in your hands? Can you differentiate between vibration and touch in your feet? Any family history of neurological diseases?

Yeah but Im so broke I can afford it. But I´ll get on it when/if I can.

No. Yes. No just alot of diabetes

If untreated, it can (depending on the cause, and I don't think it's an infection) cause you to loose your ability to use your hand at all. If untreated for too long, you might need surgery. The wrist support should stay on for a couple of weeks, which is normally how long it takes for the inflammation to go away

sweet. don't plan on living that long anyway so everybody wins. can't wear a wrist brace. i'm not gay doc

Are you diagnosed with diabetes? (Or do you suspect you might have diabetes?)

We are talking about a couple of months. If you decide not to treat it, look out for any changes (especially if you start having trouble moving your hand).

No. Dont think so

The outer part of my big toes are numb and I'm in pain when I try to walk on both of them. I've checked for in grown nails but I can't find shit.

Concerning the diabetes: Do you tend to wake up at night, sweat in your sleep, have a dry mouth or need to urinate more frequently? Any badly healing wounds?

Concerning the numbness: Have you seen an increase in frequency or intensity?

Both of them? A common problem is wearing too small shoes. Any other numb parts of your body? Fingers etc.?

Just my toes, concerning the shoes I've been wearing bigger shoes to see and no real change has persisted but the pain has slightly gone with it.

Not much. Some times but also not much. No, no. No

No

It is uncommon, that only your toes and at that both of them are affected. That's why I suspect it's a purely mechanical problem. Any visual changes (e.g. in color, size, etc.)?

Concerning you fingers: Are both hands affected equally? When it happens in your fingers, does the numbness/tingling occur at the same time?

There's no visual changes at all

Only happened twice but from what i remeber yes. Yes

If it happened twice only, I suppose there is no real connection to the numbness in your tounge. Have you had any dental procedures that could be connected to the numbness? Any problems with taste?

Yes, about 2 years ago. Some bitterness sometimes. I have to get going in the next 10min. Any diagnoses

It looks like nerve damage. This could possibly be caused by a dental procedure. I do not suspect it will worsen, but you would need an MRI to tell for sure whether it's nerve damage

Ok thanks for your time