I've noticed more and more that Day of the Dead is getting popular in the United States...

I've noticed more and more that Day of the Dead is getting popular in the United States. And Pixar is releasing a film about it next year. This means Mexicans have won, correct?

When a Mexican crosses the border he usually turns into this duality of an ultra nationalist being and a being a self-hating soul. They hate and love being latinos.
It's just chicanos compensating for the small size of their identity

By that logic they already won years ago with Cinco de Mayo.

Really it's just an excuse to use rad skull imagery. More skeletons is always great.

I'd complain about Day of the Dead becoming exponentially more popular each year, but I remember passing by a dedicated store and thinking, "At least there's something."

Halloween is a goner.

Also, the game Grim Fandango was amazingly well designed.
Just throwing that out there.

>Eat some rad Mexican food
>Blow some shit up
>Hang out in the graveyard and remember your ancestors
>Get drunk
>SKELETONS ERRYWHERE

Honestly, I think Mexicans have a pretty great culture, and they're relatively hard working people. We just need to stop giving out free money to border hoppers and fine companies that pay less than minimum wage to ANYONE, and I'd have no gripes about them.

Free Pb to illegal immigrants on welfare might be a good idea too >:^)

>self-hating chicano posting with a proxy

CHI

Why don't mix halloween/dia de muertos?
>Both have a dark origin
>Both traditions is give candy to children/loved ones (even if they are long dead)
> Both have good family values.

I see no problem unless you have some feminist tier complain.

What is the Day of the Dead about? It looks like a devil worshiping holiday masked as a Halloween knockoff. Your Lady of Guadalupe statues and Jesus candles don't fool me!

Not a proxy, but chicanos are bloody cancer. They hate the US, they hate Mexico, they see themselves as superior to mexicans and americans but then they hate themselves so much. There nothing of value in them

CA

SPOOK'D

This is what happens in LA 2bh

Horrible idea, you would need to fix halloween first. It has become a degenerate time of year of consimism and an excuse to dress like a slut. I like the original idea, but it will become like Christmas; an excuse to consume

It does seem like Disney in particular is really into the Latin thing recently. They're starting this new show that is basically the exact same plot as this other show they already did (which also had a Latina princess but she was too white looking and libs got mad).

Halloween aint christian either. Stop celebrating all of this shit.

they call out your burgers on Spanish first

yes. we've lost.

funny, WoW was doing Day of the Dead stuff years ago

naa no devil stuff
its suppose to be spiritual and be a day to honor their ancestors/friends/family and leave them treats and stuff
also maybe commune with them

THIS I can agree with. I do love me some spoops

>also maybe commune with them

So Devil stuff, gotcha

It's a celebration to remember our loved ones that already passed away
>People go to cemeteries to be with the souls of the departed and build private altars containing the favorite foods and beverages, as well as photos and memorabilia, of the departed. The intent is to encourage visits by the souls, so the souls will hear the prayers and the comments of the living directed to them. Celebrations can take a humorous tone, as celebrants remember funny events and anecdotes about the departed

We also tend to laugh with the death in an effort to make it more tolerable as it is something that will happen to you eventually (especially in this fucking part of the world)

>trying to talk to their dead grandparents is devils stuff

lel ok

No it means capitalism won. Cinco de mayo could become like a worse version of halloween where people just throw parties, hang up spooky skellington decorations and order taco bell.

Halloween 2.0 with Latinas qt's?

Sign me up senpai.

>tfw could have been part of real life blood for the blood god cult if gringos didnt replace it with their cuck religion

I did not type senpai?

>had a Latina princess but she was too white looking
But she was literally white and spoke perfect English. She doesn't even have born eyes. She's a chestnut haired, blue eyed White girl.
>new show that is basically the exact same plot as this other show they already did
Not everybody is that brown! Where are the light skin Hispanics? And why is everybody speaking like they just swam from the Rio Grande?
REEEEEEEEE

idiot

Sofia has been RICED.

Why is Disney so anti-White?

What a suprise a fucking leaf.

Dirty Dumb Mestiza Scum

Day of the Dead stuff is just hipster-tier trash

I honestly feel bad for Mexicans having it stolen from them

>self-hating mexicant posting with a proxy

DIE

>I hear by check my white privilege

Honestly, day of the dead is not very much different from the origins of Halloween. I'd prefer that shit over Disney costumes and slutty nurses.

Wtf is day of the dead?

Prehispanic death cult + catholic all saints day = day of the death

Has Disney gone to far?

GIB RIGHTFUL GOLD BACK

We dont hate mexico pinche pendejo. Its always faggots like you who talk shit. Jealousy maybe?

Americans like Halloween except for religious nutbags.

"The Day of the Dead" is like extra Halloween so yay.

Doesn't matter, the creators said she was of Latin descent and besides have you never been to Spain or heard of Gaelic people?

gee Jewish Disney doing all they can to pander to any group to claim even more shekels. They would literally make a movie about the journey a shit takes from ass to water processing facility if they thought it would gross high enough

at least latin american culture is part of American culture and its not niggers wuz kangz or sandniggers/mudslimes are great BS