Is it possible to watch history movies from let's say the greeks to the present?

Is it possible to watch history movies from let's say the greeks to the present?

Is there such continuity there? Like you watch a movie that ends in let's say the year 150 and another movie pick up from there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yMGnbCHPark
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I gotchu senpai

Fascinating idea let's give it a try.
First of all, do documentaries count?

wouldn't that be cheating?

Only on easy mode since you have history docs that cover centuries at a time.

No, movies were only invented 100 or so years ago. Greeks didn't have movies (Electricity wasn't even invented yet). So you'd have to start at the beginning of the 1900s. Cool idea though.

Alright let's go hard mode no docs then. Starting with Greeks, let's say we begin with 300

>300
Battle of Thermopylae 480 BC

Start here

How about we start at the age 0 and move on from there?

300 II.
I feel like youre going to have a lot of holes in the classical period.

The people ITT posting things like "that's too easy!" and "give me the hard mode" are not thinking this question through. For that matter I don't think the OP thought it through either.

First, you need to set a "scope" to this question. Where is the history located? All over the world? Good fucking luck there m8, that will never happen. So narrow it down. Let's say Europe, or even narrower, let's say Italy because theres lots of history movies/docs/etc on the Roman Empire, and on the World Wars and many stuff inbetween. STILL, when trying to tackle this topic with just ONE country, it's going to be incredibly difficult, like laughably difficult. It's far more realistic to say it's impossible.

All these people going "documentaries are EZ mode" - hahahahhaha. Let's see you do it WITH documentaries first. I already think that is almost certainly impossible.

Anything without documentaries are faaaar beyond nightmare mode. Just straight up "impossible as fuck" mode.

Anyway...the point is, to begin to answer this, you need to narrow a lot of criteria down first. Then you can start throwing out sources (and you'll see how far you get, lol).

Wew

If we start the Roman period with ROME the series we can continue with Augustus (Peter O'Toole) and then with I Claudius. And we're already at the year 50

Well there's only 2017 years to cover from the birth of the earth until now, I'm sure there are lots of documentaries

We should make a watch list covering every major historical event, or at least major historical period. From there maybe some dedicated group of autists can get through every year.

Is it possibel to watch every movie made about black history in a month?

Would it be easier if we worked our way backward? Start in the current year and move back and see how far we can get?

Lets start off with Star Wars, shall we?

You tell me, OP

youtube.com/watch?v=yMGnbCHPark

but do we count movies about the current year that were made in the past?

Gladiator
Pocahontas
Selma
American Psycho

Literally World history in 5 films

Here is my attempt:

Clash of the Titans, either version (Mythological era)

Troy - Legendary Era

300 - Early Hellenic

Alexander - Later Hellenic, Alexandrian era

Julius Caeser (1953) - straight adaptation of Shakespeare play, but is chronologically correct

Spartacus - Early Roman Empire

Ben-Hur - 0 AD

Caligula

Gladiator - Later Roman Empire

King Arthur, 2004 - Fall of Roman Empire, early Dark Ages setting

And thats just the Greek/ Roman related movies. I could attempt a longer retelling of the history of the world in movies if you want, OP

I think we should first think in general categories, like in a timeline. And then we worry about the holes we need to fill.

B.C.E.
Roman Empire
Middle Ages
Renaissance
Industrial Rev.
XX Century

You need more

Pre-History
Hyborean Age
Mythology
Greek States
Roman Empire