Sports that DON'T segregate men and women?

Can anyone name a sport that doesn't segregate men and women at any level?

The only one I can think of is motorsport/F1. You get "mixed" versions of things like tennis, but they're still normally segregated.

Other urls found in this thread:

olympic.org/equestrian-eventing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equestrian_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics
skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11147682/womens-motor-racing-series-proposed-by-london-based-firm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_equestrian#Current_program
theconversation.com/equal-but-not-the-same-equestrian-sports-unisex-approach-hides-inequity-64054
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Caviar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winx_(horse)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Love making.

Horse racing

chess

I think equisterian is the only olympic event that is gender neutral.
Also I think sailing used to be gender neutral.

ignoring me

BASED M Payne

I thought curling was? If not, why isn’t it?

There's a mixed category like tennis.

it does to an extent. Women are allowed to compete in the general world cup, but there's a handicap world cup just for women as well.

Archery, horse racing, sailing

There is a gender mixed event but teams have to be one woman and one man.
In any case women can't throw as hard or sweep as hard which means less big plays.

Most equestrian events are certainly not gender neutral

Women are technically allowed in most North American major pro sports. It just hasn't happened outside of a few token women playing in garbage time.

Actual horse racing? Did not know that. Across the board?

I think I've heard that now you mention it. Is that across the board too? No mens/womens dressage events?

As for sailing, not sure if it used to be, but isn't now.

There are Men's and Women's chess championships. Insane I know.

Not true for sailing, definitely not archery (there's is Women's Archery" even at Olympic level), and we're currently discussing horse racing. Seems like horse related stuff might be the only one.

Which olympic equestrian events are gender segregated?

no. There is no gender neutral equestrian event - the closest is Mixed Team and Mixed Individual, but that's just like Tennis, Curling, and so on.

All of them.
See:
or:
olympic.org/equestrian-eventing

Mares win 80% of races. An horse is a athelete.

Such as? Examples?

I'm talking about rules here BTW - there are technically no women in F1 (one reserve driver I think), but there's is not a seperate "women's F1" out there and no rules to say women can't compete.

Didn't know that, and not sure it's true, but even if it is it still doesn't count because there are women's football, baseball, basketball, etc, leagues at many different levels.

But this ONLY lists "mix eventing", suggesting it is all mixed-gender and there is no segregation.

Or have I missed something?

>women's football, baseball, basketball, etc, leagues at many different levels.
There are midget and junior leagues all over the place too but that doesn't mean young players aren't allowed to play in the majors.
>not sure if it's true
Feel free to look it up then.

I'm looking at the 2016 equisterian medal list and I see no mens and womens.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equestrian_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

Certainly seems women only win in dressing but looking at the full result table there are women in top ten on the jumping and eventing.

Motorsports shouldn't even count because it'd be the biggest moneysink in human history to have a women's racing league so it's not like there's a choice there.

There have been proposals. I don't see it ever happening though. skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11147682/womens-motor-racing-series-proposed-by-london-based-firm

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is a couple women kicking a couple extra points for some shit-tier division 1 college football teams

Danica Patrick in turnleft is by far the biggest example and that was an incredibly spectacular failure

>Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is a couple women kicking a couple extra points for some shit-tier division 1 college football teams
A handful of hockey goalies in garbage time too. The point is there's no rule saying they can't play, it's just their athletic ability keeping them out.

Oh yeah I forgot about that Rheaume chick

Looking at the all time medalists.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_equestrian#Current_program

Seems women have won dressage every year since they were allowed to compete except once.
But eventing and jumping the best placing is silver.

/crabcock/

all that matters is what you bring to the party

luge doubles is a mixed gender event. The problem is simply that women can't compete

there are many pro sports leagues that have no gender restrictions but, due to the few numbers of women who are good enough to compete, have "women's leagues" that coexist.

Golf is an example. Every once in a long while a woman comes along who can compete with the men, and they allow it and sometimes she's in the money. Nearly every other sport is the same ... if a woman is good enough, she will try out.

why are we so elite bros?

American sports aren't segregated.

of course they are. That's what Title 9 is all about. Every college has a women's version of the male sports, just about, and they get a cut of the money that football and basketball bring in.

It's true, Ann Meyers was drafted by the Indiana Pacers (cut) and several others later were drafted too such as Lusia Harris. One woman played, but all she did was inbound a ball and then time out to get replaced, as her playing was political.

>men are better at taking anal than women
Knew it

Pro sports you fat mutt

>Actual horse racing? Did not know that. Across the board?

The female horses usually get a weight allowance but yeah, they compete against male horses. Enabled won last season's biggest flat race and Annie Power won the Champion Hurdle a couple of seasons back,

As for jockeys. they compete as equals. Hayley Turner won a couple of Group 1s on the flat while Lizzie Kelly and Bryony Frost have won Grade 1s over jumps. In Australia and the US, female jockeys are on some ATG lists. In France on the other hand, they're underutilized and are able to receive allowances (their mounts carry less weight) so that trainers and owners are encouraged to book them.

>Mares win 80% of races. An horse is a athelete.

I don't watch a lot of French racing outside of Auteuil but I'm sure they don't win any more than 25% of races. They certainly don't in the UK/IRE.

Darts and Snooker if you want to count them

Wheelchair rugby as well by definition. You can have a woman as part of your team but you aren't obliged to play her

Read the thread idiot. There's no rule keeping women out only their athletic inability.

Yeah, I think I was wrong about that, I misread. You've got it right - they compete together, but the resluts are...well, as they are.

This is interesting:
theconversation.com/equal-but-not-the-same-equestrian-sports-unisex-approach-hides-inequity-64054

`

>Every college has a women's version of the male sports, just about, and they get a cut of the money that football and basketball bring in.
Wow.
I'd be all for it if the money went to students with financial need, or something charitable or whatever. Seems like a make-believe sort of thing - and serves very few women, I'm sure -- and to what end?

Korfball might be the only sports where the main event has mixed teams.

>and to what end?
Olympic and other international tournament development mostly.

Australian football

there isn't actually women's baseball, they just play a similar game called softball

>Korfball
Does that sport allow for any number of men and women per team or is it a prescribed ratio?

Because of this, I guess baseball counts since there is no women's division, it's all the same even if there hasn't been a single professional woman in baseball before.

>There are Men's and Women's chess championships. Insane I know.
Well, not really.
There are NO men-only chamionships.
There are a few women-only things, but the goal is to encourage women to get into chess.
All of the major events have no gender prohibition.
Currently I think only two of the top 100 chess players world-wide are women, but there is no segregation in general, and certainly not at the elite level.

>throw as hard
Its curling bro

There is, but it's not recognized by the NCAA so most women don't bother with it.
Interesting fact: The world record speed for a baseball thrown by a woman is 69mph.

>Olympic and other international tournament
waste of a life's effort
sacrifice most important career years to represent your country at a sport no one cares about and that will not support you financially.

>that will not support you financially
If that were the only motivation to play a sport then there'd be no such thing as amateur leagues.

>Interesting fact: The world record speed for a baseball thrown by a woman is 69mph.
this is why males win every snowball fight

>crabcock with feminine penis
Please soon

that's not true, all kids and teen league and many university sports teams are filled with kids (and families) hoping they're going to make the big leagues.

There are amateur senior leagues too there bud. You're talking about development leagues.

Youre not.

I'm an expat and in Aus they mostly care about sprinting

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Caviar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winx_(horse)

While they might not throw hard, Canada won mixed doubles because of Kaitltn Lawes and how soft and accurate she is

Read the post you quoted again. I'm talking about sports that don't segregate at any level. They all do.

And I did look it up, couldn't find any evidence. Even though burden of proof is on you as you're the one who made the claim.

Exactly. Female racing drivers tend to be utter shit, not even a stereotype. LOADS of girls in junior racing leagues, but they're almost always backmarkers and never advance as a result. But that's the point - there's no rule saying they CAN'T compete, so the whole "we need more women in motorsport" thing is bullshit - they have the chance, it's up to them.

But there is also men and women's luge.

So therefore there is segregation. I'm not saying it's a bad thing as such, I'm just wondering.

Interesting stuff. Did not know that. So there are no women's horse racing leagues.

So we've got two so far!

There are women's snooker and darts leagues, from top pro leagues right down to pub level. You couldn't have picked a worse example!

Very niche, but great example.

There are multiple women's AFL leagues, though if you're making a joke about that tranny "woman" who just joined a female league and is making a mockery of the whole gender-equality argument, then well done.

Err no? Read the thread properly. If there's not even a women's division then that's even "worse".

If there are women's leagues (which there are) then that's still segregation. Gender equality works both ways.

Very interesting discussion though guys. To point out - I'm in favour of gender-equality, but actual fucking equality. If women are allowed to compete equally at any level, but simply can't make it, you cannot accuse leagues of sexism.

>And I did look it up, couldn't find any evidence.
Too stupid to use google... Pathetic. They're not being segregated just because there's another league they can play in. That's just your own retarded definition, Merriam Webster.
>burden of proof
This isn't a criminal trial, Atticus Finch.

>STOP REPLYING TO MY THREAD WRONG GUYZ! IT'S MINE MINE MINE!

Also because men play snowball to win.

>Taking the thread way too seriously
>Acting like a butthurt child when wrong

I see Sup Forums is the same as the other Sup Forums boards.

what the fuck 12 year old boys can throw that fast.

There's no women's division because they "play" with the men if they do play baseball, there is no segregation. If there was a women's division of a sport, that would be segregation.

>There are women's snooker and darts leagues, from top pro leagues right down to pub level. You couldn't have picked a worse example!

You are retarded, my man. You wont find a single sport/club which isn't segragated somewhere on lowest tier amateur level i.e. granny's brigde club, so this isn't really an argument.

The top pro "league" in these sports are the Main Tour in Snooker and the PDC Tour in darts which are both absolutely gender neutral. Not only that women are allowed to compete in every "men's" tournament but also there isn't a single women only competition.

women's afl is currently accepting men

>sweep as hard

But they have way more experience at it

>Danica Patrick in turnleft is by far the biggest example and that was an incredibly spectacular failure

The force sisters have done well at drag racing, if you consider drag racing a sport for some reason

Didn't read thread but a jockey is literally another word for a turbomanlet so I guess men and women are equals at being jockeys.

I'm afraid my German friend it is you who is retarded. Motorsport has no "women's" or "men's" leagues at any level - from junior karting right up to F1.

I'd recommend reading the thread next time.

MotoGP

Korfball

segregation in chess exists but not to limit competition (which is the reason for segregation in other sports) because women can't do as well as men. it's done to promote the sport among womenfolk
still segregation technically but the motive is different and i welcome it personally

no those are just manlet italians and spaniars

Master chef

No segregation = All male sport

Segregation exists so that women can actually compete.

What about the horses’ genders?

see
and

>Motorsport has no "women's" or "men's" leagues at any level

>implying you know each amateur club, you fucking retard