The most popular languages to learn on Duolingo, by country

The most popular languages to learn on Duolingo, by country.

Notice something amusing, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Tourism_statistics_-_top_destinations
imgur.com/lrNHGbS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tan Swedes at it again

LMAO SWEDEKEKS

Based Namibia

For completeness's sake, here's the second most popular languages to learn.

>USA

Trump will fix it.

You're one to talk. French is an official language of Canada.

USA doesn't have an official language. We can't expect the millions of Germans, French, Danes, and others who stepped off the boat here to understand English immediately.

I thought that Norway was supposed to be uncucked.

/thread

Why is Spanish so popular across the world?

Seems like most of Europe is trying to learn Spanish as their 2nd/3rd language. Even places like Papua New Guinea, Australia, Thailand, Burma, Sri Lanka, etc...

I know Spanish is one of the most spoken languages thanks to Latin America, but is Spanish that relevant?

As a spic, I'm impressed.

what's wrong with sexy quebec french?

DEPORT

>Danes want to learn Dutch

Nothing; I'm just saying that those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

>Sweden
>Swedish

This has to be a shoop.

In Europe, I think the reason is that Spain has some great beaches (by Euro standards) and is cheap, but safer than e.g. Tunisia. I know that's the reason in England, anyway.

>Argentina
>Italian

Of fucking course.

It's more like they're getting prepared to flee to South America. Well at least that's how I see it, and I can't say I blame them.

Are you really this dense?

Look at the post my reply was replying to.

Why do they want to learn spanish? it sounds like shit, hell why not learn italian, french, portuguese? fucking retards

>Nicaragua and Panama trying to learn Spanish
About fucking time, indios.

data to back that claim up:

ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Tourism_statistics_-_top_destinations

STOP LAUGHING AT US ;_;

A couple of years ago norway was run by muslim lovers. The most used name in our capital was ali.

I wasn't entirely clear (though it does say it in the filename); that's destination countries for intra-EU travel by EU residents, normalized by number of nights spent (so if people stay in Bulgaria twice as long on average than Estonia, they get the same number of travelers). So, no American travelers (even those flying from e.g. Paris to Prague) or whatever polluting the data.

I believe those statistics include business travel, however; the numbers for "pleasure" travel are probably even higher in Spain's favor.

>Israel
>Spanish
What did they mean by this?

I dont know about the rest of europe, but here in norway we must chose one side language to learn in school. We can chose from french,german or spanish.

It is because Spanish is the most spoken "Latin Language", so it helps gaining Portuguese, Italian and even French vocabulary.

>argentina
>italian
Why? I know way more english-german-spanish speakers than english-italian-spanish speakers here.

thanks OP, what an informative and intriguing post

Maybe they're picking up a fourth language?

More seriously, I'd imagine you live in a German-diaspora area and that people in italian-diaspora areas learn italian.

Why does Nippon want to learn Spain-go?

I'm guessing that the only people using Duolingo in places like Papua New Guinea and Burma are half a dozen expats from America/Europe

as for why people in the UK learn it - It's nothing really to do with tourism. It's a major European language and it has hundred of millions of speakers globally. At school you tend to be offered a choice between French, German and Spanish (or any two of those three). Obviously the reasons are specific to the individual, but when I had to choose between them I weighed the global prevalence of Spanish against the fact that Germany is Europe's largest economy. It can feel a bit pointless to choose German when it's only spoken in Germany and Austria, wheras Spanish is spoken in lots of countries globally.

I still chose German, incidentally.

So much for the meme that everyone is learning Chinese now

Rather the Chinese will keep promoting English if only to do business with foreigners

imgur.com/lrNHGbS

NO Chinese.

to be fair...

>sweden
Topkek

Bullshit all schools are english-italian/french and there are way more institutes that teach italian/french

only the german schools teach german

There's no chinese course in duolingo.

Literally laughed for a good half minute. Fucking hell forget my side, my chest has disappeared.

>Sweden

In fairness, at least they're trying to learn it. I thought Sup Forums hated it when immigrants didn't learn the language?

Honestly my favorite part is that they chose pink for Sweden. I mean, I get it; light blue is French and yellow is spanish, so what you gonna do, but still.

> The Caliphate of Swedenstan
> top tier bantz

>French
We truly got perma raped by the frogs

German will be a dead language in 100 years, replaced by Germarabic

I started Hebrew today for maximum shit posting capability.