NCAA Basketball about to get fucked by the feds

is this the end of college basketball?

They should just change the rules and allow the players to get paid. Then convert college ball to be a feeder league for the NBA. Then add promotion/relegation for this league and the NBA.

can't wait until callipari is revealed to be the only person running a clean program

WE BIG BALLER JBL NOW

Promise UNC and Duke will be clean as a whistle :)

Wtf did you just save basketball
99% of d1 players don't even get drafted, let alone a roster spot, these kids need to just stop trying to milk it, take the free degree, and get a job like everybody else

>melon finally makes the league because all top 20 programs are shut down and the players are forced to compete in Big Baller Ball against him

If it's happening in basketball then it's happening in football too

>UNC creates classes that don't exist for their athletes for a decade
>NCAA does literally nothing
>Notre Dame has a part time trainer do classwork for some athletes
>entire football season vacated
wut

>big mike's good friend is the only clean one

mongo nation wins again

Yeah but I can't blame them for almost being close enough to make millions a year off of what they're already good at. I would push for that more than my degree if I was there.

>sport gets filled with nigs
>sport becomes mired in criminal activity
Really makes you think

UNC got no punishment for decades of academic fraud. Nothing will come from this. If anything, they'll pick a couple of nothing schools to be the fall guys.

Hope Roy Williams gets fucked

>colleges making MILLIONS off the players
>hurr durr just be happy you get some shit degree that'll be useless anyway

Yeah that's totally fair. I'm not saying they should be getting millions of dollars, but they definitely should be compensated when you realize how much money they bring in for the schools each season.

That was the NCAA, this is the federal government. There's an order of magnitude of difference between the two.

No, you're 100% correct. You can't blame someone for putting tons of effort in trying to make their dream when they're so close to it. Especially when that dream is getting paid literally millions of dollars to do what they love.

That's part of the problem though. Athletes should absolutely not be paid that much. No one should be getting more than a couple hundred thousand. No matter the position.

Same with the managers, owners, GMs, and all other staff involved.

This is a huge systemic problem that I'm not sure how to solve overnight. But reducing the salaries by one to two orders of magnitude would be a start.

The only problem I can see is what happens after they stop being a pro athlete. A $150k salary is great, but you cant retire in that after only working for 15 years (tops) unless you are v smart with money (which is possible, don't get me wrong).

So another part of the problem is that there aren't better "after sports ends" programs that post-career athletes go through to help them reintegrate into society.

>That's part of the problem though. Athletes should absolutely not be paid that much. No one should be getting more than a couple hundred thousand. No matter the position.

This is fucking stupid. Athletes of the Big 3 are usually one of the most criminally underpaid for the money they bring to the school/franchise. Only fag who are eternally bullshit who don't have the skills to go pro bawww about this stupid shit. You are only making the bigwigs even richer.

What?

I'm saying pro NBA players should not be making tens of millions of dollars. I said nothing about college level.

This goes for all levels though (and p much everything). You shouldn't be making millions of dollars, especially while your employees are making trash.

Lower everyone's fucking salary.

>Then add promotion/relegation for this league and the NBA.
Even though that doesn't make any sense whatsoever?

>when you realize how much money they bring in for the schools each season
They have nothing to bargain with. Paying them's a communist pipe dream.

>paul millsap makes $30 mil a year

Note I said franchise. Schools are not franchise even if they like to run like one.

And yes, those NBA players deserve to get paid that much. Their owners and NBA get millions off their play and image. LeBron consistently is brought up as one of the most UNDERPAID players but LeBron doesn't really care because he has millions of endorsements but it doesn't hid the fact that he is undervalued by the NBA,

And you have no real reason for lowering their salary than some shitty belief that YOU have because YOU don't believe someone playing ball should make money because you don't think it's a vaild career. Fuck off your high horse already. Their owners are making BILLIONS off of these guys and not one of your stuck up fags ever complain about that shit.

I don't know why people still insist in relegation in any American sports. It a guarantee way to kill a fanbase and lose a lot of money. No one wants to follow a team that has to win back a place to play in the actual league. Relegation doesn't really work anyway. I mean, look at the EPL, how many of those teams actually get promoted outside maybe the same 5-6 that regulate in and out of relegation?

I'd rather them end the mandatory college play requirement to enter the NBA.

Those players who think they're such hot shit and should already be paid can give if it a try.

That will never happen, so don't bother. NCAA will lose a lot of their revenue if players get drafted out of high school. It's why it existed in the first place.

Bruh, what?

I never said anything about basketball not being a valid career. Literally no one should be making tens of millions of dollars. CEOs, hollywood producers, NBA players -- none of them. And that includes the owners of the teams.

NBA is a valid career, 100%. They still don't "deserve" tens of millions of dollars. Neither do the owners.

They make billions of dollars. Where the fuck that money is supposed to go? If you don't want to make that money, led a revolution and get a select few of people. Entertainment generate a lot of money and that's why entertainments get paid. Simple logic. It's still an undervalue of their work, no matter how you slice it.

>The Land of the Free

>wiretaps u
heh nothing personnel kid

Bandwagoning: The Post

There are dozens of options what to do with the money once they make more than their "allotted salary".

Also, no one should be paid billions or millions. Entertainers, bank CEOs, wine vineyard owners.

only as long as they destroy Arizona
t. butthurt ASU fan

Since 1992, 49 different clubs have played in the 20 team Premier League so you're full of shit.

That point is irrelevant to the main point.

We've made this argument dozens of times, and it's amazing how the Euros still don't understand it.

North American sport watchers are multi-sport fans. We have four massive leagues, and a bunch of other very popular and successful leagues as well.

In New York, where they have a bunch of teams for literally every sport, if one team got relegated to a lower league, their fans would be gone instantly. No fan in North America is going to wait and hope that their shitty team makes it back to the "big league" when they can just support one of the many other teams their city has.

And in the case of New York, LA, and a bunch of others, they have multiple teams in the same fucking sport.

I don't care if you guys think we're bandwagoners or whatever the fuck else, that's just sports culture here. It's massive and it's spread out over multiple very successful leagues. If a team were to drop to tier 2, they would lose all of their money overnight.

No kid is going to be cheering for his tier 2 Clippers team when the fucking Lakers are playing in the big leagues already.

That's fine and I don't necessarily even think they should implement relegation in the US, but it absolutely does make you bandwagon fans.

We're okay with that.

>this entire thread is basically "fucking capitalism"

Pls let Rick Pitino come back :(