13 Reasons Why

your opinion on the series 13 reasons why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KtlgYxa6BMU
twitter.com/MaineFirstMedia/status/852583692413358080
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Expected to despise it but it's surprisingly not too bad. A bit cliched at times but other than that, I enjoyed it.

same here, what do you think, will a s02 come out?

It seems like they intended so because there are a few open ended questions still floating around, most notably Alex being shot. Granted, it's difficult to say. I suppose will find out soon enough.

Slightly off topic, but fuck me Hannah's suicide was difficult to watch.

>It seems like they intended so because there are a few open ended questions still floating around, most notably Alex being shot. Granted, it's difficult to say. I suppose will find out soon enough.
i've seen some theories that alex actually wasn't shot, if you look at the ambulance scene carefully you can tell that the hair color of the shot guy isn't bleached blonde, its black.
I believe there will be a s02 because of possible school shooting and the lawsuits.
>Slightly off topic, but fuck me Hannah's suicide was difficult to watch.
yeah, it was pretty hard. Especially when her mom and dad walked in while she was filled in a tub of blood.
also, this song is powerful as fuck youtube.com/watch?v=KtlgYxa6BMU

I think it's a show made for teenage girls and tumblrites and I'm wondering why there are threads constantly on Sup Forums about it

it opens a topic on teen suicides, i think its an important topic and the show is well made

It's surprisingly much better than you would expect. You should give it a shot. Thought it was going to be some edgy YA bs (and to a certain extent, it kind is) but overall, it's pretty good.

> I'm wondering why there are threads constantly on Sup Forums about it

Because it's a television show?

It's okay, but it's about a bunch of retards who are still in high school in their twenties.

People act like every piece of garbage that Netflix makes is the greatest thing ever. If this was on CW no one would care about it.

It's alright
Some things it did I found pretty clever, like it seemed to have a new take one "this kid isn't a bad person for what they did, they just didn't have the best circumstances or think it through" however I find Hannah baker, to be a pretentious cuntweed most of the time. It's not a terrible show in my personal opinion

It would have been made better if it was on the CW and Selena Gomez wasn't attached to it.

But to be fair the average piece of garbage on Netflix is, on the surface, better than your average piece of garbage on network TV.

By the directing alone 13 reasons is better than most network shit

>cuntweed

>It opens a topic on teen suicides
By once again ignoring males who make up the vast majority and focusing on narcissistic rich white tumblrgirls

But according to this show Men are all rapist scumbags who drive teen girls to kill themselves. Only white men though.

i guess you're right, but the show is good in my opinion anway

>But according to this show Men are all rapist scumbags who drive teen girls to kill themselves. Only white men though.
i mean, just one guy is the fucking rapist and you think its about every white guy?

Will s2 involve Hannah at all? Seems like her arc is pretty much over and everything else is up to the living.

I don't think so
Hannah's story is over, the second season will probably have an another problem in teen's lives without hannah

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHASHSH

fuck you nigger

you on the right

ohhh nooo that sucksss

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHA

why is user making fun of my teenage angst :((((((((

Say the anons getting their rocks off on teenage emo melodrama

I'd say considering their target audience the show was too graphic. There's some reports of people anheroing themselves after watching it, and I wouldn't doubt since suicide is some delicate shit to deal with. And damn the rape scene was hard to watch.

>By once again ignoring males
One of the male characters also commits suicide, come on.

This. tumblr show is tumblr. The only saving grace is the tumblr girl kills herself

suicide girl is an overweight cunt who dwells on the dumbest bullshit. her and different chick get raped but choose to do nothing about it which is typical and fucking dumb

tumblr tier sjw checklist cw show on netflix
>"male gaze"
>local small chain pharmacist parents can't compete with walmex (groan)
>2 gay daddies for bicurious asian girl
>creeper scrawny white boy who takes creepshots of everyone
>nice guy asian jock who is somehow an idiot because he tries to be nice to neurotic fatass main chick who rejects him, who then proceeds to give her a well-justified -yknow maybe you do deserve this because you're such a fucking cunt to everyone-
>creeper white boy photog inexplicably has chest full of ZOMG DANGEROUS GUNZZ
>stereotype rich white fratboy bro douchebag is the rapist

there are others i can't remember but it's such a stereotype sjw checklist that's so obvious it's fuckin pathetic

>There's some reports of people anheroing themselves after watching it
It's called taking out the trash.

Patrician suicide is killing yourself as a mature adult because you're tortured by demons. Teens commit pleb suicide over relationship drama

roman patricians would actually have high-class suicide parties too

why does shit like this make my fingertips feel weird?

Is this as depressing as Happiness?

That's because the massive increase in suicides among white men is hilarious. Haven't you seen this video of the democrats laughing about it?

twitter.com/MaineFirstMedia/status/852583692413358080

Haven't watched the show and wondering how accurate pic related is

I got to admit, user, I went to high school in a rich white community, and most of these stereotypes were present, most of the stereotypes in the show in fact.

Only thing I found that was off, someone like Clay that didn't have a group of friends wasn't that normal or liked.

the band?

First episode was shit and I struggled to make it past it, but it got better. Still a couple of episodes to watch, but I expect them to bw good. Tony is a bro

why didn't anyone address the fact that hannah was mentally ill?

The film.

Based Tony.

The last two are definitely the most intense

tony was supposed to bay gay but he looked very straight why that guy alex was definitely homo

Mostly.
The show is just stupid. Not only was it extremely cliche and predictable to the end, but the ending itself was undelivering and underwhelming. So much shit rushed and forced into the last episode for seemingly no reason and many issues left unaddressed. I expected Clay to had done something terrible like the show consistently made him out to do, yet he did nothing bad. Hannah is just a poorly written faggot who pushes people away and gets mad when they don't go away, yet wants them to stay, and when they don't, she kills herself. She wanted help but never let herself get it and just became a shitfest of a show.
It was well acted and I loved Tony but that's about it. The suicide scene made me feel, but fuck the bull shit to even get to that point. 4/10

Seriously? Sounds kino as fuck

alex is gay in real life and he has a relationship with the guy who plays justin

The straight gay trope isn't that rare though, at least in real life

>Slightly off topic, but fuck me Hannah's suicide was difficult to watch.
Holy shit, yes. I thought everybody here would just play it off like the edgy teenager shits this place attracts, glad to hear someone else felt the same way. That scene hit me like a truck, absolutely did not expect they would go all the way.

>tfw not Alex's or Justin's bf
Why live

Because no one cares about a dead girl?

just finished it
why did alex shoot himself
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I couldn't relate to that highschool experience at all, maybe theres just less drama in an all boys school

it ain't half bad but I don't really feel that much sympathy for Hannah, i actually felt really bad for the other guys

knew the dude was homo

Nah, like most teen shows it uses older actors in their early 20s who really fail to give off the childish vibe of HS students. At my school, only the super genius valedictorian Jews were as calm and cool as Bryce or the other "jocks."

Which btw is a weak trope for a show that tries hard to emphasize it's in California, with all its "diversity." They should be way more preppy for an upper-middle class school. Athletes wouldn't hold any special status.

>hard to emphasize it's in California, with all its "diversity."
>preppy
>upper-middle class school culture
Care to explain american highschool culture to an ausanon? Is high school a really class-segmented place in america?

>only the super genius valedictorian Jews were as calm and cool as Bryce or the other "jocks."
We didn't have many jews in my school but pretty much everybody did sports. Nobody was cocky like the jocks in 13 Reasons why but thats probably just the aussie culture

Wtf is this shit.
>You hurt my feelings therefore you killed me
Fucking retarded garbage.

Felt like a waste of time. I had a close friend of mine actually kill himself, and it sort of felt like the whole show made a farce out of real suicide by conflating existential depression and mental issues with teen angst and bullying. Hannah was oppressively unlikable, which made it hard to get invested in her "tortured existence. Also the show reminded me of how shitty highschool was. 4/10, will not watch season 2

High schools are paid for by property taxes in the neighborhood. They cover a bigger area than elementary or middle schools, but they're still reflective of the community. In 13 Reasons, Clay's dad is an architect, his mom a lawyer. There's a few poorer characters like Justin and Tony, but Alex's dad as a sheriff in California would make good money too. Hannah's family are small business owners.

SPOILER, but the penultimate episode with Clay and Bryce's fight was really unrealistic. Bryce was way too composed and nonchalant about giving a beat down. Then after he calmly pours both of them a drink. You know, these ARE kids. Like I said, if they were going to have that level of maturity, that behavior couldn't come from the jocks.

>Episode 2
>Guy laying on the sofa playing video games
>cut one, not a single blanket around
>cut two, covered in blankets
This is what Netflix toymoney gets you.

its because suicide is retarded and anything short of a legit mental disease doesnt even comes close to justifying it

I dont mind people glamorizing suicide but the way this story pretend to shift the blame on everyone that was even remotely close to the victim is pathetic and unhealthy

She has some nice tits.
How was her getting raped?

Typical sheep "puts her mind in a different place" and takes it. No fighting.

That's some shit tier acting

The literal protagonist is a white man.

Sounds like a stupid concept teenage girls would enjoy.

Would not watch.

>Watching Young Adult garbage
I bet you guys watch anime too lmao

Why do leftist love to bully the less fortunate when they pretend to fight for equality

some of the plot is too far fetched, so far fetched that it makes K-dramas look realistic. But it's a show I couldn't stop watching for the epic drama.

How come Hemlock Grove got bad reviews from everyone?

That was on Netflix and was despised except by the few people who thought it was bad enough to be charming

This. Literally the Sorrows of Young Werther of serialized visual media.

This show reminded me really badly of more than a few people I knew in school who came really close to doing what she did. They survived it and got to adulthood but there was always that worry that teen angst and psychiatric issues would leave a person shaped hole in all our lives

Dumb girl + Beta guy = 13 Reasons why

have you ever seen Trainspotting, Heathers, The Virgin Suicides, Girl Interrupted, or Rules of Attraction?

The scenes in this show were light compared. Those sequences were difficult because of the emotional impact, all the other films mentioned play that theme for dark humor.

>class-segmented

Sort of. Public schools usually have zoning requirements so kids living in one neighborhood usually have to attend the school they're "zoned" for. There are about a million loopholes to this like magnet schools, scholarships, schools with special honors programs, though, so exemptions exist and it doesn't always work that way 100 percent.

But there are definitely schools zoned for poor neighborhoods and schools zoned for middle class or rich neighborhoods.

>I'm a girl, therefore you can never know what I felt and you should feel bad that I killed myself.

Life is Tumblr: The Show

>by conflating existential depression and mental issues with teen angst and bullying.

And, realistically, people who are that age and going through those things do conflate them and mix them up

>Clay's dad is an architect

wut? They clearly state that he is a university professor.

it was quite bad. the acting was shit all around. the worst part was how they tried to force the series to have this srtupid retro 80s feel with the music and the cassettes and all that crap, what the fuck is with netflixes obsession with the 80s all of a sudden?

80s influences are fucking kino desu

there's a good way to do it and a bad way to do it, netflix does it the bad way

What happened to 70s influences?

And what do 90s influences look like?

A little bit teenager-ish at times, especially in the early episodes of the season, where some of the the things happening to Hannah really arent that big a deal when you are in your 20's and out of high school

The last 3-4 episodes are genuinely sad and tough to watch though, especially Hannah's suicide which seemed (what I imagine is) very similar to how people's lasts moments alive are like before they kill themselves

Overall a good watch, I would bet that this will be played in alot of schools in the coming years

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY HAVE TO KILL OFF MY BOY JEFF, he literally was the only student who did absolutely nothing wrong and they fucking killed him off. What's with Netflix killing likeable characters surrounded by shitty people? They did the same thing with Pousse in OITNB

the 60s and 70s have been done to death

i wouldn't be surprised if we see more and more 80s influenced crap because everyone is so sick of the 60s and 70s

flannel, long sleeve shirts tied around the waist, gang colors, bleached spiked hair, community outreach in urban areas
depends on early, mid, or late 90s though

neon and acid wash and then plaid and khaki

its either obnoxious or boring desu

90s kino decade but pretty shit for fashion sempai

Marcus is not white

80's has been done to death too. Every decade has been done to death, even the future.

fag

>I would bet that this will be played in alot of schools in the coming years

Just what we need...

I've always imagined wrist slasing to be a smooth, fluid thing, like two swipes and you're done, but seeing her struggle, have to dig in and actually have to force it, and then have to do the other one, fuck

slightly off topic, but do people who check out like that usully wear clothes in the bath? I can see it as being for their parents/loved ones (so they dont have to deal with your naked dead body), but it just seemed weird

Nope this is wrong, they're not dating in real life, fans just made it up. They're just friends.

Watched up to episode 4 then I realized this was a waste of time and skipped to the last episode

Bad.

REALLY BAD first ten episodes.

Becomes a soap opera last two.

Sup Forums is reddit/normie central. That's why they shill this and capeshit.

Garbage.
The first episode was so bad I don't plan to watch more
Horrible dialogue, ridiculous premise (stupid girl kills herself, somehow she made it into a conspiracy), all around dumb