La La Land (2016)

>great acting
>genuine chemistry
>creative choreography
>stellar cinematography
>vibrant color palette
>effervescent OST
>believable, uncompromising storyline
>the take-home message is to never give up on your dreams, though sacrifice is involved

if you don't like this movie, you must be miserable and/or devoid of real-world experiences

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/la-la-land-ending-meaning-explained-978105
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dishonest filmmaking

Typical Hollywood Shlock with cliche acting and zero character depth whatsoever
Back to plebbit

pure cringekino

nice meme

>doesn't like authentic kino
>makes sweeping statements because too much of a brainlet to offer critique of substance
take your own advice

>love makes him cringe
my sympathies for your disorder

>stellar
>vibrant
>effervescent

>using multi-syllabic words is a sign of the internet boogeyman
kys 2bqh

DISHONEST FILMMAKING

Great acting and genuine chemisty? Kill yourself this is the third time gosling and stone have shit it up on screen. They are terrible. Its dishonest

The script, singing, songs and direction was dogshit.

>being this autistic
>being this pleb
wew. terrible combination.

>leading actress is a repulsive toad with a lisp

who is your waifu, user?

Go back to r/movies stonefag plebbor

Boring heap of reddit. None of the songs were memorable at all. Goose can't sing.

good one, spergie. i think i'll just keep tabs open for both websites and revel in your plebbery :^)

>great acting
Acting is nothing special, actually on the mediocre side, and undeserving of the Oscar Emma won for her performance.
>creative choreography
Choreography is pretty shit compared to real musical movies. I feel that those involved didn't really think things through; the opposite of creative choreography imho.
>stellar cinematography
Cinematography is actually not great, despite it winning an Oscar here too. Poorly lit exteriors in a lot of places, constantly soft, very static camera movement in certain scenes where you'd expect it to be more lively, etc, and otherwise unremarkable.
>vibrant color palette
There are like maybe 2 or 3 scenes where this is true.
>effervescent OST
Soundtrack is good though, I'll admit that.
>believable, uncompromising storyline
The storyline is bullshit. It's clichéd and predictable. Also, unlike in the days of Casablanca, we have cellphones and the internet now, so I don't understand how you think their ultimate "break up" is believable. It's also not very believable how pretty much every dramatic beat in the story happens purely by luck and happenstance. It's just shitty myopic writing.
>the take-home message is to never give up on your dreams, though sacrifice is involved
Most normies completely miss the message of the film even though they absolutely fucking love this movie for some reason. The take-home message is if you pass on the greatest love of your life, you will live with regret for the rest of your life regardless if you fulfill whatever dreams you think will make you happy.

wrong on almost all accounts

>being this wrong about the interpretation
hollywoodreporter.com/news/la-la-land-ending-meaning-explained-978105
I guess I can't blame you. Most aspies completely miss the message of the film, which makes their disdain of the movie all the more funny.

>>genuine chemistry
it's like we've seen different movie

Same movie through different lenses. The catch is I'm not emotionally retarded.

>Whiplash, but 200x more romance

a glib facsimile of old hollywood, literally cucked by the academy

>The catch is I'm not emotionally retarded.

Then what retardation explains your like for the movie?

>>great acting
what movie were you watching?

>>genuine chemistry
>almost instantly fall in love
>almost instantly break up
so genuine

>>>effervescent OST
forgettable

>>believable, uncompromising storyline
it was not believable. why did that casting director show up to mia's shit performance?

>>the take-home message is to never give up on your dreams, though sacrifice is involved
Bravo, except it gives false expectations because both main characters became successful
and all they did was sacrifice their relationship