Hello /b

Hello /b

Homeless user here. Spending some time at a public library since I was able to shower a day ago and have semi clean clothes. I found out my shelter will be full for Christmas and Christmas eve.

How is everyone tonight?

Attached: willett-pot-still.jpg (322x639, 45K)

M or F?

Why not just get sober and stop wallowing in your own filth?

Hello. I'm male.

What city are you in?

I'm trying

I'm in southern California.

Hey bro, don't let others define you.

is that pic somehow related?

Not really. I saw and add for it and thought it looked cool.

Thank you.

where do you shower? I had a recent experience with a homeless guy that reeked, but when I got to the stage in my "why don't you just fucking [blank]" inner rant I was kind of at a loss. Like if I was in his shoes I would probably continue to stink for lack of finding a place to bathe, and I'm not fully schizo like this guy. It's been bothering me for over a week.

its ok, just justify it to yourself that that man deserved it, or that he's subhuman, or whatever the fuck else you need to not view him as a human.

The shelter has showers when I can get in. I average about one a week. I have a wash towel in my bag and try to keep my face and underarms as clean as I can when I find a bathroom.

I'm sympathetic, which is why it still bothers me.

Also I don't think you quite understand the stink we're talking about. He got on my bus and it was clear that he had about 3 days of shit in his pants, conservatively. Everybody rushed to the bask and started opening windows despite the cold. He was on for about a minute before getting kicked off, and it still hadn't cleared after 10 minutes of riding with the windows open. The disgust was a mostly physical reaction, not an emotional one.

I've trying to think wtf I would do though if I had to trade places with him. How would I get myself to not stink so I could get on a bus or just be around people generally? If it was summer I would jump in the pond at the park at night, but it's way too cold for that.

Homeless user here. Anyone wanna talk about anything?

You mistakenly assumed anyone who would live in a fucking gutter is a rational player. Imagine your life but with a crippling meth addiction that fried your brain beyond repair a decade ago that set off schizophrenia that has gone medicated and unchecked, and a diseased body from living in shit, filth, and the elements for a decade. They are unfixable and deserve no pity from you and certainly no food or money.

I meet people like you a lot.

2 Thessalonians 3:10
if any would not work, neither should he eat..

fill out job application
Has address box...list shelter
List phone....give shelter phone

you'll here from us in a few days.

I can do odd jobs though. 7-11 has a lot of foreign owners. I can earn 5 $ by sweeping the parking lot of a dollar from the clerk if I help carry trash and boxes.

wow typos, reminder of why I'm in the thread. Bottoms up.

good on you for trying. A week is probably not terrible if you're not exerting yourself and maintaining problem areas daily. Definitely work on getting yourself out of that situation though. Do you have any convictions that would shut you out of min wage jobs?

I don't assume he's rational. He was shouting at nobody on the way into the bus. Which is why it's impossible me to rationalize any hatred for the guy. I have my mental faculties about me, but if I was placed in pants full of shit with no money, resources, or connections, in early winter, I'd be pretty well fucked. Hard to expect more of this guy.

>getting kicked off, and it still hadn't cleared after 10 minutes of riding with the windows open
I dunno why but that made me chuckle like a bitch

It's hard to get a job when you don't have a permanent address. Employers like people they know can make it to work everyday. But I do my best with odd jobs and recycling. I have about 3 dollars on me so enough for some cup noodles for 2 days.

I was homeless for five years. The worst was when highschool kids would throw beer cans at my tent and try to get my dog to eat hamburgers with shit in them

I hope you have a cellphone, at least; I figure you can get away without a permanent mailing address - but no phone number, or consistent access to email?

lucky sevens lol.

Idk, consider applying for steady work as part of a routine, just as much as recycling or looking for odd jobs. Fill one out every day. It'll probably take a hundred so make it a habit. Eventually someone has to be desperate enough for employees. Maybe apply in high-crime areas if you want to aim for the highest odds. Get a few months experience there, do everything they want and more, and apply somewhere else.

No cellphone sadly. I had a free one but it was stolen when I was sleeping.

Which drugs are you addicted to.

>try to get my dog to eat hamburgers with shit in them
Goddammit that’s weak but kinda funny

It is near impossible to be homeless and work. You can work around addresses etc but without a dependable place to put your head, shit warm, and scrub your ass where you gonna work?

I can only really apply after a fresh shower and with some clean clothes. So maybe one or two days a week I look and smell like a normal person.

I drink vodka straight and warm. A handle of borski vodka is about 9 dollars ate rite aid and will last a few days.

was funny when their daddies truck rolled into a lake

In the SF Bay Area, there are *tons* of people without permanent addresses who sleep in their cars. They're employed, even - but when the *average* rent for a 1br apartment is close to $4k/month, lots of people simply can't afford it.

How so? Sounds like a retarded thing to do on purpose so i figure you must have a funny story to share?

A car and a water supply will do it, but you're talking about inner city homelessness. It gets worse

Have cars, cell phones, gym memberships, money for laundry and food. for showers. 1st world homeless.

Why is a homeless nigger posting willet bourbon, that shit is obscure and on the more expensive side

>1 bed room apartment
>4k/month
>in the gayest of the gay
How would anyone subject themselves to such tyranny?

I saw and add for it. I think the bottle looks cool. Never had it though. Is it good?

Try filling out a app for any car washes near you places like that are always looking for employees. A plus to working there are tips sum places I know of get them daily but might be weekly.

Highscool kids than can afford to bug homeless people trying to hold a job and sleep outdoors in the winter at 3am are a little too privaleged to be allowed to drive such a nice truck. Thats sbout it.

I'm in southern California. The less fortunate undocumented people snag all those jobs.

These have to be niggers. Just like they don't understand moving next to a well, they can't grasp moving away to a more livable area.

Fact

Gotcha still might be worth a shot. You never know my dude. Best of luck to you

So you went GTA on their asses and drove their dad’s truck into the lake?

I try all the time. I still get by with my odd jobs at 7-11's and stuff.

>public library
So you cannot be a Merkin then? Public anything is communism you know?

Naw, all the gay and/or fun people who were able to do so fucked off to Los Angeles. The city is completely infested with people suckling off of VC and tech money, and have pretty much killed off most of the culture. (There's also a gigantic homeless-and-insane population, too. Don't go to the main branch of the SF library if you can help it; all the librarians look shell shocked and overwhelmed from being turned into de facto social workers for people who need far, far more help than they can give.)

They must've forgot to set the parking brake and leaned up against it while throwing beer cans. Who knows for sure

Ew nasty

Why are we not building houses/shelters/apartments for all the homeless?

Fucking epidemic in California. Its not because there isn't any room to build, its 2008 still causing problems.

Why did your family all kick you out?

Damn nigger, good thing i don’t live there let alone living in the US
you guys seems to be way out of control on so many levels with so many stupid shit
I kinda pity the sane ones

subsidized housing is a government scam based on granting welfare then faking all the welfare and adding being housed as an asset.

and other stuff

No, because there are too many that have come to California for the easier living, and the filthy Jews caused a massive opioid epidemic with oxycontin

*taking

You were supposed to admit to your crimes so i can reply “reported” with that phony FBI tip report page with funny tabs open so you can have a laugh

I was married and had a job. She put on a really good drama show and I lost pretty all of it. My employer fired me cause you can fire folks in California for reason and boom homeless.

What would you say is the percent of homeless that stay homeless and those who get out of poverty?

Is there any distinctive differences between the two groups?

The unique bottle shape definitely catches a lot of people's attention, while avoiding being too garish. It's a from a smaller distillery, not on the main bourbon trail, but rather the secondary trail called the craft tour. Visited there with my family a couple years back. Yes, it's good, but almost all bourbon is good imo.

Nope, it's everybody. Have you ever tried moving out of your parents' basement? To sign a lease, you need a job. And to get a job, you either need savings, someone you can mooch off of, or lots of vacation time so you can look for jobs and interview for them. If you have credit cards, you could max those out - but guess what you need to get those in the first place.

People are trapped. And fucked.

it's the thought that counts

Attached: 16-23-07-images.jpg (225x225, 9K)

I read a couple of years ago that alo of homeles had started to build a kinda “village” for lack of a better world in places remote from any normal people
City found out about it amd fucked their whole shelter “village” up and brought them back to public where they originally were

Don't homeless shelters provide a mailing address?

thanks for the info, if i ever get back on my feet I'll try and track down a bottle.

Hey, i tried atleast

employers kinda toss your application in the trash if you have a shelter address and your a male.

A lot of times you bring people out of homelessness and they still act homeless. The situation over time for es an acute tactical situational awareness that sometimes will not diminish after a certain point.

An unfortunate series of events that grsnts luck to someone who happens to have opportunity, tools, and desire. Its slim.

Dude, Willett is good bourbon.
Plus, you can turn the bottle into a cool bong.

It drives down property value, so the only place you could realistically build it is farther away from employment areas

There trying to solve it now with every contractor having to build X amount of low income options for every complex within the local area

Pretty good, drinking some Four Roses out of my Bladerunner double old fashioned glass and watching YouTube reviews hating on rise of skywalker.

Hope shit turns up for you brother bear. If you’re in Portland I’ll give you a few bucks.

have u tried a PO box? maybe that can help :/

seriously, thought counts, I once lived half a year on a shipment of expired mandarin oranges from a dollar store. The thngs we throw away.

Thanks.

basic help is the worst help

Thanks but if anyone isn't staring at the night sky for weeks on end having already considered everything you're going to think of they're dead already.

PO box costs money.

I'm trying to make my 3 bucks last till Christmas so I can have something warm to eat.

Goddamn dude
No shit, if it wasn’t from the fact i just started a new well paid job last week and get my next pay in 2 weeks and also have to move out at the end of the month therefore need as much money as i can, i would’ve paypal’d you something for you to survive on
That’s fucking brutal man, i wish you the best

how much money can someone make panhandling?

Ever seen any gypsies?

It can be hard to find depending on where you live. Good luck in life user

I'm doing fine now. 8 inches of memory foam, 76 degrees, clean shitter and running water. Theres food in the fridge and soap in the shower but Ill never forget I am the only one that pulls for me. You take care of yourself, people who are meant to fail, will.

If you see a homeless person give them a cooked chicken and bus tickets, not money. If they're really homeless not just degenerate you made their week.

southern California is kinda tapped out market for panhandling. I had a knife pulled on me cause I had a sign at someone's intersection they owned. sometimes I can get a few dollars from the church crowd .

40 grand tax free per year.

Yes people with homes dirty their faces and bring their kids to street corners near drive thrus during lunch. DONT PAY HOMELESS PEOPLE WATCH SOUTHPARK

Warm food would be nice.

Fosho but still, shit happens even when you don’t expect it at all

Well, not worse than you, sorry for hearing that user. I hope one day your life improves

thank you

Yeah so would room service, better than a stick in the eye and you never know where you can sit and eat.

I cant ask the guy to plug his nose and take you to dinner, thats up to him

Here's the thing. I've been homeless, lived in a shelter but I choose to temporarily just to get off drugs and leave the area I lived in and go to a place where I didn't know anyone. I kicked that habit got a job and got on my feet but it was due to my mindset. Not everyone is privileged to have a sound mind or the ability to take care of themself. I was shown compassion but I feel it's because I have always been compassionate to other. You never know someone's reasons for their situation so don't even assume. And just be kind to everyone because at th he end of the day we all die the same.

But still nothing. Evolution is real and you'll drown giving hands up.

When you know for sure my advice is wrong do what you want but until then keep yourself warm.

I had a warm meal yesterday. Shelters get full during the holidays. They do the best to keep the kids happy.

If I had they money to travel and try over I would.

Whats the big difference between being homeless as male vs female?

Will most females whore out for money?
Are they more likely to get back on feet?

In southern California there are about 12-13 shelters for women and families to 1 for men. So if there are 35 shelters maybe 3 max can take me.

Man I went from a homeless shelter in Louisiana to seattle for the summer went down to florida and now I'm in Minnesota I have a great job tou just cant make excuses and be like Nike. Just do it.

Yeah. You gotta try and keep happy too. I was always reading and listening to music. I even learned latin. I might've bathed in wastepaper bins but I was trying to improve myself and keep my mind active.

Motorcycles are not expensive compared to a lot of things. Dawn dish soap is safe for lakes and rivers. Don't ever bathe in a small pake or pond unless you wanna get sick. A bottle of booze is unfortunately so fucking useful when youre homeless...

Damn hard memories.

womens shelters and support programs outnumber mens 10 to 1.

Doctors and judges are more symapthetic.

Pregnancy is a free ride.

I do my best keep happy and busy. Coming to b/ is the best chance i have for normal human interaction so I'm always glad when people respond.