So...christians

So...christians.

>>audience laughs

What do you think about humour in shows/stand ups thats targeting christianity?

Me personally: It doesnt really have sport value, the church has no power over peoples lives, so there is no edge in laughing at their expense. I come from a christian upbringing and I really enjoyed this kind of comedy when I was forced to go to church because of family pressure, however it's starting to annoy me. I think that people are showing some kind of interest in the transcendent, and just because something has been around for a long time, doesnt mean it's bad.Obviously, we live in the present, where "god is dead", but the truth is, with the death of the belief in a higher deity, most peoples lives arent happier. We are left with the meaningless capitalist world, where one can indulge in some earthly pleasures, but there is a huge lack of morality and sense of belonging.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/radio/ideas/the-myth-of-the-secular-part-1-1.3135538\
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idea_of_progress#Myth_of_progress
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's picking low-hanging fruit and embarrassingly unoriginal.

they deserve it.

if you live in the western world and believe in religion you a very likely the kind of idiot who voted for trump, watches WWF and wears blue lives matter tshirts.

There is no g*d and anyone who takes anything on faith should be ridiculed, publicly.

i'll start finding it funny when they grow the balls to do it to Jews or.... Muslims

dont know if ironic

mfw believe in god but do none of the other things you mentioned

It's well past its expiration date. The fedora meme was the death knell.

Why can't christcucks handle different views
Also
>comedian(albeit a shitty one)
What did you expect? Are you really this thin-skinned?

I think it can be funny, but it basically just depends on the person. Like asking if the best comics can make up a "I'm on the bus" (they aren't) idea.

Also, if a fucking comic starts making statements then I'll be worried. Meanwhile, they are making absurdities of religion. Not your religion: fine. Your religion: burn him.

>Religion of peace

>the church has no power over people's lives
Let's not get crazy. They're a very outspoken political group that people are just now starting to not listen to.

Nothing in comedy should be off limits as long as it's funny instead of inherently antagonistic.
But I agree the jokes are overplayed and typically unfunny by now.

>>Why can't christcucks handle different views
>anyone who challenges or even questions ridicule can't handle different views/is triggered

I wish Sup Forums would stop with this retarded meme.

Comedy should have no boundaries, so I don't see why this religion should get a pass. Plus American Christianity is Muslim tier so it deserves to get made fun of

It doesn't really bother me, most of them aren't funny to begin with, so there's no reason to listen to them anyway. Also those jokes tend to be mostly cheap and uninspired, like said. If they're funny, I have no problem with it. My religion doesn't stop me from getting a laugh out of it.

>American Christianity is Muslim tier so it deserves to get made fun of

If only. Then we wouldn't be seeing any of these comedians dare say anything about Jesus for fear of losing their heads.

>Muslim tier
There are very few Christians in America who take their religion seriously. The most pious are Westboro Baptist Church, and you don't see them stoning gays.

>American Christianity is Muslim
Lol no

>the church has no power over peoples lives
Atheists literally can't hold several public offices in Trumpistan where school education is based around religion.

muh beliefs

stop making fun of muh beliefs

You cannot say you 100% say that God or doesn't exist. Even the most brilliant minds on earth do not know what is beyond this dimension. You can't say that you know an extra-dimensional being doesn't exist.

You provide faith to believe one doesn't exist.

>follow your own advice now

Over 50% of Americans believe that the flood that killed everyone but Noah literally happened.

Or that angels are real. Or any of the other thousands of things in the bible that are completely irrational / stupid.

People take it seriously.

I agree with this, America found a way to make Christianity disgusting. But then again America is the most disgusting country I've ever lived in, so that doesn't really come as a surprise to me.

They selectively decide what they believe. How many Christians do you see that have tattoos? That's right. Millions.

>You cannot say you 100% say that God or doesn't exist.

God does not exist.

>Christianity shouldn't be banned for inciting violence against LGBT and other minorities

I want Sup Forums to leave.

You meet a lot of people

>Over 50% of Americans believe that the flood that killed everyone but Noah literally happened.
Let's not be silly. It's two thirds.

That isn't muslim tier you stupid infidel. You deserve to be skinned alive in the name of God.

Why shouldn't they incite violence against them

Because bigotry should be illegal.

To the guy who's been shilling for Jo Koy's new show in every stand up thread in the last 2-3 weeks:
I finally downloaded and watched it. It fucking sucked. Fuck you.

you mean Islam

That's a misinterpretation of the Quran. Meaning gets lost in the translation to English and dumb Drumpfsters use it to spread bigotry, which is illegal in civilized societies.

What part the Pedophilia or killing gays?

>Merican Christianity is mudslime tier
Lmao true there's a lot of Christians gangraping women and blowing up shit

All of it. Islam means peace. Everyone who isn't an ignorant hillbilly learned this in college.

Yeah Jesus killed the nonbelievers and had 9 year old wives

>western world and believe in religion
>implying religion isn't the cause of the modern western world

lmao do americans really study general religion shit in college

>Muslim cuts my throat
>I DONT CARE

>Christian doesn't bake my cake
>IT'S GO TIME

Why can't most Christians take a joke? You guys are quick to make fun of any other religion or make fun of Atheists, but when it comes to jokes at your expense, there's suddenly something horribly wrong with the world and everyone is an immoral scum bag except the poor innocent Christians.

I hate both.

We learn being a bigoted Christo-fascist KKK member is wrong and that Islam is a tolerant and peaceful religion that we must embrace because America was built on diversity.

The Nazis were Christians because Christians are fascist.

If they would learn how peaceful other religions are, maybe we wouldn't have so much bigotry in America. America is the most bigoted country in the world because of these suburban and rural Christians.

It's not about someone's beliefs being made fun of, it's unfunny comedians going "LOL God don't real! I'm an edgy atheist! Also we must respect and defend the rights of marginalized muslims in America"

Fuck off self-righteous atheist scum. You're the worst of your kind. Back to r/atheism

be careful, you might start to belief in your shitposts yourself because noone has the patience or nerves to argue with you

I know plenty of Christians in real life. They're laid back and don't really whine about comedians. Most of the 'Christians' on Sup Forums are larping fags

I have no qualms with joking at religion, but I find the the majority of comedians who do it are spineless cunts who wouldn't dare joke at Islam or Judaisms expense

>Rural and suburban retards voted for trump, city people voted for hillary.
That pasta triggered Sup Forums like no other

They can't argue with me because they know I'm right. I'm much more educated than these redneck Bible-thumpers, and it shows.

Steve Merchant said it best
His observations are rubbish, and his standup is awful
Buy the Office on dvd instead

no

Trips of truth. Inshallah brother

Because it's true. Drumpflets are ignorant because they didn't go to.college like me. They're intimidated by my intelligence.

Only stem retards voted for trump. Women studies people voted for hillary

What is that supposed to say

Ignorance.

STEM is for autistic manbabies who are afraid to challenge the systems of oppression in their own fields.

So true, I don't understand integration because the professor is oppressing me

You mean protestant

There are biases in all of science these neckbeards can never understand because of their privilege AND autism. It's above their heads, so to speak.

I know, like, you can't really KNOW anything maaan
whoa

turns out, little monkey fella

>tfw atheist with a PhD who voted for Trump

Allow me to be your counterexample. :^)

>Extras has a 1.5 rating on Netflix

It's bloody criminal, that. You Christian lot should be ashamed!

other than that it has been done do death and it's hard to find an original angle on it, I dont mind it really.

This is bait.

The reason why we make fun of Christianity so much is that the West has by and large moved past dogmatic beliefs as a result of the intellectual progression from the Enlightenment forward.

The reason why we don't make fun of, say, Islam is that its adherents are so far behind the curve that they will get violent and allahu akbar such people (see Charlie Hebdo).

The reason why we don't make fun of Judaism is that it is a threat to the Jewish hegemony so don't do that.

So... muslims.

>nervous murmurs and uncomfortable shuffling sounds

What do you think about humour in shows/stand ups that target islam?
Oh wait.

Most American Congressmen are Christians

Most judges, all presidents. Western society is shaped by Christian cultural standards to the point that people don't even realize.

They can take a few jokes

Are you forgetting about the Crusades, the Nazis and the KKK? Christians are the most violent religion on the planet.

>The reason why we don't make fun of, say, Islam is that its adherents are so far behind the curve that they will get violent and allahu akbar such people (see Charlie Hebdo).

Charlie Hebdo was hate speech and fighting words. The religion of Islam wasn't responsible, bigotry against Islam was.

>The reason why we don't make fun of Judaism is that it is a threat to the Jewish hegemony so don't do that.

Oh, you're a Nazi. Don't speak to me ever again.

Go read about the Holocaust and EDUCATE yourself. It isn't my job.

0/10
apply yourself

>the church has no power over peoples lives
America literally circumcises newborns and blindly supports Zionist government policies that support Israel at the expense of its own people, and you're trying to claim that the (((church))) has no power over peoples' lives.

You're a fucking retard. Gas yourself

Fascism gets bashismed. Comprendo, non-friendo?

Lame, I feel embarrassed for smug, 40+ lefties trying to be relevant and edgy. If you live in the West you should bow down and kiss the arse of Christianity for being the bedrock of your culture.

>still falling for the left vs right false dichotomy
Yes good goy

16 year old edgelord. Try reading a history book son.

you're getting there buddy

I think mocking Christians gets funnier every year because no matter how much they expect it to happen, they still act like it's the end of the world.

That's because actual lefties believe it, they really do, in Europe it gets repeated by the "intelligentsia" on anything remotely political, if you fight against globalism you get this type of "argument" shoved in your face.

I think it's about time the religious got shit on considering for thousands of years they just fucking murdered anyone who disagreed with them.

For example: Jesus

>haha unless you're Muslim because Islamophobia is not cool okay

Suicides will probably continue to skyrocket as religion, community, and family disintegrate further.

>m-muh poor Christians
Nice non argument faggot. All followers of every Abrahamic religion should be gassed.

This. I used to think it was irrational to believe in magical invisible beings but then I got depressed and now Jesus is my co-pilot! :D

And then
In that great and terrible darkness
The sun will still be hiding there
Awaiting the next chapter

Ummm, sweetie, Jesus never existed.

Jokes aside, the power of beliefs are obvious.

Atheists are pretty much the only libs that shit on Islam regularly. Bill Maher had to school Al Sharpton on it.

A fucking reverent was apologizing claiming christianity was just as bad and the position of educating him fell onto a liberal atheist.

Funny how shit works out.

If there was an ideology that you knew for a fact was false, but if followed gives rise to the most prosperous culture possible, would you encourage others to follow it? Or would you prefer people to only believe things that are true regardless of the outcome?

Put another way, would you give them the blue pill or the red pill?

>sweetie
Funny how people who use this unironically tend to be so bitter

>waaahhhhh we Christians are the real victims
Why do Christians always make up these liberal strawmen where Christianity is the ONLY religion that gets attacked, and all the others are loved by atheists?

We hate all you religionfags. Especially Abrahamfags. You are fucking trash.

>the church has no power over people's lives
How fucking retarded could one person be?

Atheists seem to be the only ones who actually bother learning what is in Islam in order to accurately shit on it. Everyone else just bitches about terrorism or whatever.

>lying to people is ok if I pretend it will make things better
This kind of thinking is the foundation of kikery.

We're not falling for your tricks any longer, Shlomo. The truth will prevail. Gas yourself.

cbc.ca/radio/ideas/the-myth-of-the-secular-part-1-1.3135538\

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idea_of_progress#Myth_of_progress

Religion isn't going anywhere. Stop being retarded

>missing the entire point of his post that badly
holy shit you are stupid kid

He probably doesn't even know the Crusuades are still happening to this day because he never went to college.

you fucking brainwashed retard >b-b-but muh Christians dindu nuffin

They're crusading against innocent Muslims as we speak, O Ignorant One. Pick up a book that isn't the Bible for a change, and maybe you'll learn something.