Is Evangelion the best film ever created?

Is Evangelion the best film ever created?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0gqC2Vf7EBY
youtube.com/watch?v=MzNW3AGf_8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes
Digits confirm

Yes
These digits confirm

Welp

Thanks user

Now we can discuss.
best girl

TL Note: Rei means zero, like her personality.

She develops agency at the end and defies Gendo which is all the personality she needed. Asuka is too bratty.

good lord that absolute territory

she's a schizoid

her personality is internal

Gendo did nothing wrong

>muh symbolism

>Muh wife

Childhood is idolizing Rei.

Adulthood is realizing Misato makes more sense.

I identify with asuka's inferiority complex.

I don't really get the narrative focus on Shinji. He's the least interesting, least experienced, least troubled person in the series.

He does what he's told, doesn't speak his mind, and doesn't seem to learn anything - even in the end, when he makes his final choices.

Why not spend more time with Misato? Or Asuka? Or even Gendo? These are characters with personalities, histories, and some depth. These are characters who, with more focus, could have changed things.

Instead we focus in some whiny faggot who ragequits twice in 24 episodes then has power handed to him in the end.

post teh rei plz

Because it's funny.

>least troubled
>you can quantify how troubled he is by how much overt bitchiness he exhibits
histrionic woman pls

His biggest struggles are:

>muh mom's been dead since before I could remember
>muh dad doesn't notice me because he's busy saving the world
>muh bully at school I don't try to stand up to at all
>muh voluntary piloting duties that only I can perform to save the world

Compare that to the others I listed and see what I mean.

you forgot the childhood molestation

I identify with most of Shinji's conflicts
le 2 types of peple

Shinji's struggles are self-imposed. Just because bad things didn't happen to him doesn't make them invalid.
He demands lots of love from others to validate himself but no one will give him it because they're too caught up in their own problems and can't relate. The only person who can is a gay angel and Shinji is forced to kill him. It would suck to be Shinji.

Misato, these digits don't lie.

Shame it isn't in 16:9, it's basically unwatchable

youtube.com/watch?v=0gqC2Vf7EBY
youtube.com/watch?v=MzNW3AGf_8Y

For some reason this is a thing

>>muh mom's been dead since before I could remember
He's traumatized from when he saw her get absorbed by a robot.

>muh dad doesn't notice me because he's busy saving the world
His dad doesn't notice him because his dad's a dick who doesn't care about anyone but his dead wife. Don't try to pretend the distance is because he's always working.

>muh bully at school I don't try to stand up to at all
That's not his central struggle so I don't know why you're presenting it as if it were.

Shinji's deal is isolation and dissatisfaction with how mercenary and self-serving human relationships are. You can be reductive about that but it isn't somehow inherently less complex than 'muh daddy issues', 'muh dead mom', 'muh dead wife'.

Good post.

STOP MAKING SO MUCH NOISE, YOU BITCH, IT'S JUST A FUCKING BEER.

Thanks

>implications
4:3 is better and the composition is perfect anyway

FUCK OFF BACK TO Sup Forums YOU CANCEROUS PIECES OF SHIT

>Ramiel in Rei's outfit

My dick is aggregated diamond nanorods

I said AGGREGATED

oh

It uses an ambiguous storyline that relies on minor details to justify major plot events and twists, which is almost always a pretty cheap move. Meanwhile it tries to shoehorn in vague explanations in the end that don't really explain anything. Given what the writers and directors had to work with I'd say it was a very big success, but it's by no means the best there is.

The writer also incorrectly used some stuff like presenting plot events through the use of still images after the event happened, which is incredibly vague. This would've been forgiveable if you didn't need to understand the minor plot points and decipher the cryptic narration to fully understand the later, more major ones. I feel like the filler episodes could've been better spent.

Remember this show was aimed at young teenage males, and like most TV show anime they were probably forced to put in a self insert character.

The Blu-Rei version is.

Not a fan of the show but that's my favorite shot.

all gooks must hang

original ending was like a 7/10

movie was like a 5/10

mediocre anime overall