Why do millennials like these series so much?

Why do millennials like these series so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Arda#Third_Age
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

three words

hella f*ckin' epic

Because they grew up with them

>Harry Potter
Because they grew up with it

>Star Wars, Lord of the Rings
Everyone likes those, that isn't exclusively a millennial thing.

why do millennials on Sup Forums bitch about millennials?

If you count these with their spin-offs than the HP franchise is by far superior.

Because Sup Forums in general is full of le wrong generation dipshits

Because the millennials on Sup Forums are outcasts and thus resort to bitching about regular millennials in an attempt to feel better about their outcast status

> LOTR
Not applicable. Much more in line with older generations thematically, millenials enjoy it for superficial reasons.

> Star Wars
Linked more with Generation X. Millennials enjoy it sure but it had a bigger cultural impact on those growing up in the 70s and 80s.

> Harry Potter
Now we get to millenials. First of all the school setting provides a mental link to the infantilised and perpetually adolescent. Magic implies an escape from reality, and Harry Potter is saved from his boring life by being "special". He is a marginalised figure who sees himself as a victim, Millennials identify with victimhood.

Also Hogwarts is seen as a safe space where they can practice their special abilities.

lotr > hp > star wars imo

fellowship was by far the best movie out of any imo, 2nd and 3rd movies werent nearly as good (gimli and legolas were really bad and the cgi was mostly awful apart from gollum)

harry potter movies were hit and miss but better than the books, star wars only had like 2 good movies out of 10+

Can you fucking imagine if LOTR was made today? Half of the fellowship would be mixed races. Legolas would be a strong woman. Only white males would be Denethor, Grima and Saruman. All of the women would be immune to the One ring's power. Eowyn's fight against the Witchking would be the finale of the movies and Gimli would be even more of a cuck.

>Can you fucking imagine if LOTR was made today?
dont have to imagine, the hobbit movies exist

t. angry millennial faggot who forgot to take his antiretrovirals

they are all male coming of age fantasy garbage with very high production values.

> LOTR is a coming of age film
There is gross simplification and there is being genuinely retarded

This its all Bildungsroman shit.

>being this pretentious
it's just so laughable how hard you try to be some "patrician"

this haha

kek, forgot about those honestly. I believe they had some female elf there that wasn't even in the books? Well, I give respect to the creators, because all of them have come out saying that the Hobbit movies were garbage.

These stories are timeless and appeal to people across demographics. LOTR and Star Wars have been beloved for decades.

>the Hobbit movies were garbage

The Hobbit trilogy was leaps and bounds better than LOTR.

I fucking hate how nu-Sup Forums still sucks LOTR cock

>Because the millennials on Sup Forums are outcasts

Sup Forums is literally 98% star wars loving reddit normies you idiot

That's literally the storyline for the hobbits you spastic

alright buddy

calling people who dont like star wars prequels nu/tv/ kind of works

but calling people nu-Sup Forums for not preferring a trilogy that ended in 2014? very weak bait no one will bite

(you)

To earn the respect of millennials.

LOL whatever you're on, I don't want to use that. Even Peter Jackson hates The Hobbit trilogy.

Reddit/tv plebs like star wars and lotr patricians like hp

lotr is literally a coming of age film you spastic retard

coming of the fourth age kek

The hp films are actually underrated
And lotr and star wats are overrated

I would honestly say
HP> LOTR> Star Wars

And I love lotr but hp are all pretty great besides 4 which still has a great climax

This. Side note the HP films were the highest grossing series until Marvel had 15 movies or something. They are consistently WELL DONE.

>33 year old frodo
>coming of age

kill yourself

The Hobbits' Journey is one aspect of the book. You're also equating the hero's journey as analogous with the bildungsroman genre. Sometimes it is, other times it isn't.

>The hp films are actually underrated
agree with you on Sup Forums but not irl
>And lotr and star wats are overrated
agree on both, on Sup Forums and irl

i still prefer lotr to harry potter though

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Arda#Third_Age

retard lol

Can't stand any of the Harry Potter or Star Wars movies (original trilogy or prequels), but LotR was pretty grand.

t. muhllenial

If you need it explained to you you're too stupid to understand

They were the coolest

The hp films are hated by many hp fans aka reddit bookfags. Therefore underrated, its true

most normies i know are obsessed with the harry potter movies maybe its a regional thing

>Harry Potter

Where is he.

Why hasn't he posted it yet.

I-is he okay, Sup Forums?

Okay maybe I mean they are liked a lot but lots of people can't come to terms with them being different than the huge books and therefore watch with a bad mindset where they can't stop comparing them to the books.

Because they're simple escapist stories. All of them start with a guy living a boring drole life and being taken away by a magical wizard to save the day.

It's the most common human tale in existence. Everyone wants to believe they can be the hero, that they're really special in some way.

In a world where people lack opportunities to do amazing things, it's not surprising.

>old Star Wars
Kids don't watch those movies you dunce. Star Wars is the post-Disney movies and the rest don't exist other than as a point of reference.