Well, Girls is finally ending after 6 long seasons...

Well, Girls is finally ending after 6 long seasons. Reflect ITT on what the series means to you and where the cast will end up afterwards.

Zosia Mamet will definitely have some career in the Broadway/auteur circuit. She has an interesting look and a father who is a contemporary legend. Also the only one of the four who can act. She'll be fine.

The other three will not. Allison Williams may get some nothing roles in a few indie romcoms but she is very limited and will not get very far.

Lena Dunham will maybe get some writing gigs but will never get her own show again unless she's with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner which I don't imagine happening. She can't carry a show on her own

Jesse will retreat into motherhood and only emerge to accompany her younger, more talented, more beautiful sister when she wins an Oscar.

Bump, I know you guys have feelings abut this

Post lewd webms

it's hard to say. i like the show a lot.

>im 14 and have no friends

SAD

Didn't even know this show was a thing until Sup Forums started to talk shit in Dunham. I have no feelings about this ending and don't have the urge to look it up. I'd say you should move this thread along to another board that has a high chick population, and where they'll actually give a fuck.

You're a little bitch.

it was really good for its first 3 seasons, but this season has been pretty bad.

i think zosia mamet is adorable and agree that she will have a respectable acting career going forward

i dont think jemima kirke even wants to act so i dont think we'll be seeing much of her again unless she pops up in a future dunham project

allison williams can definitely do network tv. i can see her on a csi type show. shes determined to continue acting.

lena dunham was a very talented writer but i think the pressure of the spotlight has definitely had an adverse effect. i can see her getting more into directing and writing and maybe aving a penny marshall type career

This tbqh. Never watched a single episode. I've only ever watched one clip about abortions and that was thanks to this board. All I learned from that was that Adam Driver was actually a pretty good, convincing actor.

This seems like a show that's only popular in New York City or something. Nobody I know knows the name "Lena Dunham" and I don't know how she got six seasons out of HBO, that's impressive, I thought the show only had about three.

The show was rarely remembered and will be quickly forgotten.

I have never watched a minute of the show except for the mamet grils sex scenes.

Alison williams has a career simply because she is pretty and stupid. Lena is not a bad writer comedically but her politics disgust me. The mamet gril i fucking love. I love both the mamet sisters. They are both exceptional actors.

The other girl is so useless i dont know her name.

Williams got a lot of exposure as the white she-devil in Get Out

I think I checked out after season 3, the Dunham molestation stuff broke out after that and I never bothered to tune back in.

never seen it

you guys are lucky ones.

bump

judd apatow has truly ruined a generation+ of american comedy
girls would have been a much meaner/funnier show without him injecting his sentimental shit into it
yea about the right time
everything since is just showing how little they care about any characters and their development outside of hannah and the guys

RIP the hbo marketing department/magazines using every trick in the book to make lena dunham look like a size four (the sitting with her arms in front of her body in most of the posters is the best)
do like how she sort of looks pregnant in this season's poster

Watched the first season. It was OK I guess. Boring but the characters were well-developed I guess

Watched the first episode of season 2 expecting something new to happen. Nope. Stopped after that.

I can't believe it's gone on this long. I never hear about it except from hipstercunt trendsters

live happily ever after on the Israeli pensions.

I think it would be cool if Hannah (post having her baby and giving it to that rich guy or something) has a fatal accident. I thought last season/this one was really hinting at her death but it looks more like they want to go with the corny happy ending. Do something interesting!

bamp

We're they supposed to be good friends? They spent most of the show hating each other

Actual p sad, I've watched since season one. And while I hope Hannah and her baby FUCKING DIE, I still feel for the others.

I'm upset that Ray ends up w/ that fattie and not best girl Shosh.

It killed Bored to Death after 3 short seasons and went on twice as long.

Good riddance.

finally

>Reflect ITT on what the series means to you
Nothing as I haven't seen a single episode and apparently I dodged a bullet based on what everyone says

Pretty sure it means that HBO can put out a movie that ruins whatever good aspects of the show there were.

I remember an episode this season where Hannah says something like
>I'm only 27
There's no way in hell this bitch is only one year older than me.

Surprised to see a Girls thread on Sup Forums because there haven't been very many over the years.

I love this show. I think it's the best show on TV right now.

Through Girls, Lena Dunham captured the anxiety, the frustration, the hardships, and also the self-centredness and narcissism of being in your 20s this decade better than any other contemporary writer.

This show has meant a lot to me. Technically speaking I think the show is close to perfect. Great performances throughout, near-flawless writing, pleasantly varied story structures, long character arcs, a great running time of 30 minutes. Artistically, the show surpasses every current TV show with the exception of Mad Men. That Dunham has been this good at capturing this decade without the benefit of hindsight is mind-blowing.

I can identify with aspects of almost every character and I often feel like this show is speaking directly to me, allowing me to reflect on myself and my place in the world to great effect.

A recent rewatch of the series revealed to me how great the show's writers were at playing the long-game, and how amazing their recovery was even with Charlie dipping out before season 3. The reveal of what happened to his character later in season 5 is not only surprising and poignant, but it's also fucking foreshadowed back in season 1. I can elaborate if anyone is interested.

I agree that this is very much the end of an era. I can't see Lena Dunham doing much in the public eye after Girls; while I think she did some fantastic work during this series I very much disliked her memoir and generally dislike her public persona. Wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a script doctor or performs some other sort of behind the scenes work for the majority of her career.

This show hasn't quite gotten the credit I think it deserves and I think it will be looked back upon as one of the crowning pieces of millennial fiction within a decade.

tl;dr

The only thing I've disliked about this season is how Hannah was awarded the professorship last episode, simply because it's very hard to believe that she would be accepted into the highly bureaucratic world of academia so easily without even having accomplished a graduate degree.

If that one scene was just SLIGHTLY altered such that she was offered a teaching position at a liberal private school I think it would be much more effective. Firstly, I don't like the fact that Hannah has been asked to contemplate accepting a job that she would obviously love unquestionably. We saw her teach high school in an earlier season, and while she seemed highly content she felt it was artistically stifling; she wanted to be a full-time writer and not a teacher. If she were offered a teaching position, she would have to reconsider the pros and cons of that decision through a new, more mature lens—as someone who is about to have a baby boy and has to raise and support him. I would have loved to see how Hannah would come to compromises between her artistic ambitions, career ambitions, and life ambitions as a parent. Offering her the position as a professor was just a BIT too in line with her needs and desires to feed real conflict.

TL;DR: I think the show is highly important; that it will be fondly looked back upon; and that its ending really marks the end of an era in millennial fiction.

tl;dr

I can't believe anyone here actually watches this shit

But what pisses me more, is that Girls is going to get a conclusion. Girls. Not Carnivàle, not Deadwood, not Luck, not Rome. But Girls. Fuck this shit. HBO will pay for this one day.