Brazil name starting XI for World Cup

Didn't see a thread on this

>Brazil manager Tite has named his starting line-up for the World Cup in Russia in June.

>Speaking on Friday, the 56-year-old revealed there was no place for Liverpool's Roberto Firmino or Paris Saint-Germain's Thiago Silva in the first XI but they are in the 15 players he has selected.

>'The 11 who will start are Alisson; Marcelo, Miranda, Marquinhos, Daniel Alves; Paulinho, Renato Augusto and Casemiro, Neymar, Coutinho and Gabriel Jesus,' Tite said in an interview with UOL Esportes.

>The team are expected to play in a 4-3-3 formation when they kick start their World Cup campaign in 120 days time against Switzerland in Group E.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RlppXtiAQgE&t=25s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can't wait for the next 7-1 to befall them!

I don't get starting Jesus over Firmino. The latter's a much more complete player. Jesus is a great player, don't get me wrong, but don't see why he gets the nod ahead of Firmino.

>Alisson over Ederson

how can you name your starting lineup 4 months before the thing actually starts?

also

>it's only 4 months until the world cup

>my countenance when

Doesn't look bad desu

Jesus also hasn't played in months.
Fernadinho should be starting too. And that defence is dodgy. 7-1 incoming

>countenance

why do germans know american better than we do?

i literally learned that word on Sup Forums

"my face when" was filtered on Sup Forums back in 2010 and people had to use different expressions

Would just swap Pereira for Douglas Costa or Bernard

Tite has his favorite players and doesn't care much about current form. For Renato Augusto to get off the team he would need to break a leg or something.

firmino is quietly liverpool's best player

Vamos Brazil

Where's Fernandinho?

>Brazil manager Titte

>Naldo
>Malcom
>Allan
Shut up you hipster contrarian fuck, you know that's not a better lineup.

Like when Argies unironically bench Icardi and Messi in their lineups in favor of Paredes and Papu Gomez

God I can't wait for the next Brazil - Germany match

Icardi sucks tho, and he won't be going to the World Cup

Higuain is better

>Lets bring the knock out cup chocker to the world cup
hmmm

He may choke in the final, but he takes you there in the first place

Icardi can't take you out of group stages

pls no bully
I watched the Juve documentary on Netflix the other day. Higuain is a good lad. I want him to score the winner in the final now.

kek I was watching a friendly here for no reason at all between usa vs brazil that happened in 2015. You guys had beaten the z team of germany or something then you faced us and lost 4-1. I then read the reaction from Americans and I was laughing at you guys thinking that was too much, because we have beat teams like Portugal 6-2 in the past. You guys were lucky because one ball hit the goalpost and a player missed in front of the goal.

Btw we're 12-5 against Germany historically

Nice damage control. Brazil will NEVER live down 7-1. Ever.

>I want him to score the winner in the final now

He could have scored 3 or 4 winners in the first half of the last final, but he choked it. He's dead to me.

This is the face of a starter in a World Cup favourite side.

>no Hulk
It's ogre.

>Btw we're 12-5 against Germany historically

7-1 in games that matter

Why does he wear the mask?

>wingers up front with CF/AMF hybrid
is this any good?

looks good desu

7-3 you mean

its criminal that renato augusto even goes to the WC when tite wont even pick fabinho or allan. should at least start fernandinho.
at least he chose miranda/marquinhos over thiago silva
also
>starting jesus over firmino

that midfield lol

In 2013 during a match he got an elbow to the face and had some kind of small fracture on the left side of his face.

youtube.com/watch?v=RlppXtiAQgE&t=25s

>Renato Augusto's last football match was unironically Brazil against England

this should be the brasil squad, prove me wrong

*teaches the nazis a lesson*

Defense wins titles, boy, and your squad is lacking.

>striker neymar

you've been playing too much fifa

If we want 7-1s to become a regular thing, sure

why is Coutinho going back? His tracking back was poor for Liverpoop and Willian sucks

the absolute state of your wide areas mate

>muh width

this isn't the 80s with waterlogged pitches and no grass down the centre mate

If he removes the mask, will it hurt?

It's a
>mobile 4-4-2 that can switch into a 4-3-3, as exemplified by Valverde's Barça.

4-4-fucking-2 is a good formation

>Cuellar
>Wendal

Does this graph need an update?

Cuellar is Congolombian tho
Google 'Nomes da Copinha' for more weird nicknames

i literally have 0 (zero) idea if there's any good brazilians playing in the brazilian league or anywhere else outside europe

barely have a handle on the ones outside the premier league. Douglas costa is good right or do brazil just have so many tricky wingers he isn't even special?

absolute speed demon who on form can rip apart almost anyone dribbling when provided with just a little space, but against truly elite and organised defenses like in the WC and champions league he is too often ineffective. overall willian is almost as fast and a better player mentally.

There's Luan and Arthur, plus some decent GKs and a CB (Geromel) for backup

>Hulielton

So, anyway, I'm curious OP, what excuses do you have lined up for your inevitable loss to Serbia in Moscow this summer?

Why is Ederson not starting?

>Why is my PL babby not starting

>he never lived to see the 2018 WC

We won the 2002 WC playing Germany in the final, brainlet

Jesus does the role which here we call "pivot", holds the ball in the penalty arc with his back to the goal and lay passes to the wingers penetrating the box. Guerrero used to do that for Tite's Corinthians.

On the bench. Yeah, Tite is dumb as fuck for putting Renato Augusto instead of Fernandinho.

What do you mean? He's a bench player even in the fucking chinese league? Holy shit, wtf

Geromel should be the captain
where the fuck is Geromel
Tite is a faggot

Is Alisson really better than Ederson? I don't follow Serie A so I wouldn't know, but Ederson has been one of the most impressive goalies in the PL this season. I guess it's because Alisson has been involved with the Brazil set up for longer so the coach trusts him more

How come this literal who Chinese League player gets to start for Brazil when Oscar doesn't even make the squad?

>no firmino
Germany wins

>world cup favorite
Didn't realize he played for Germany desu

I like how every single one of these players bar Marcelo has been purged from the Brazil team

He'll watch it from Heaven... or Hell...

They're about the same in terms of skill.

Fernandinho, Marcelo, Paulinho and Willian played that infamous game.

Brazil seriously doesn't have better midfielders than paulinho and augusto?

That's because Tite, the current coach, used to coach Corinthians, one of the biggest brazilian teams. Renato Augusto used to play for Corinthians during the time Tite was coaching them. So, you've probably got the situation here, right? He's only playing because they're friends and Tite 'trusts' him, but everyone in Brazil thinks he's shit and Fernandinho, Willian, Arthur or Fabinho would be far better for the role he's playing at.

We do, but Tite is a fucking moron who'd rather put his friends in the team than actually good players.

I guess tite is counting on neymar and coutinho to drop down and be the creative force so he doesn't really needs a good creative midfielder...

Oscar is much worse than Renato Augusto.

firmino performs the same role and does it better

if he sticks with jesus, brazil's attack will suffer for it

argentina team is way better

>not rated in your own country

Augosto looks to be doing well on the national team, at least from the last 3 times I've seen them play. Not sure what his club performances are, though.

>paulinho

Paulinho is currently experiencing a renaissance period for Barca

Yes, that's the tactic, the midfield is mostly for defense and keeping the ball control.

But Jesus has been pretty good for the NT. I like Firmino, but from the times I've seen him playing in the NT, he didn't look like better than Jesus.

Jesus can actually score goals though you scouse cunt

Really? Coutinho and Neymar haven't really combined well with one another. I can see now why he chose Jesus over Firmino, Jesus can create and has more energy

Sandro,Willian,Costa?

>Arthur

Love when the Brazilians have random old fashioned English names. Add him to the list with Fred, Joe, Oscar and Bernard

Fred is a nick. His name is Frederico.

Firmino is better than Jesus in probably all aspects, dribbling, passing, scoring, etc. He's older after all.
But he seems to have no connection with Neymar. Whenever Firmino plays Neymar reminds me of his Dunga and Scolari days when he'd try everything by himself, so the team gets worse. Maybe it's not a problem with Firmino.

i think firmino is better but also its about system. for liverpool he will run and press like mad, and so will the rest of the team. with brazil maybe he presses and nobody else does so its just 1 guy running around like an idiot which is useless. hes not a very brazillian player in a lot of ways. and without his workrate being useful hes not all that fast, or a great finisher, or a genius with the ball so i can see why youd take jesus over him.

Fred and Jô are nicknames though. Real names are Frederico and João. Oscar is kinda normal here but Bernard is weird