What do you think of The Last Jedi's trailer?

What do you think of The Last Jedi's trailer?

Are you hyped?

Other urls found in this thread:

yelp.com/biz/skywalker-tree-care-naples
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A FUCKING TREE

I CLAPPED

no

Not in the slightest. They're only 2 movies in and their schtick already feels played out. The trailer was manipulative and boring. Disney couldn't be making their intentions for this series any clearer.

Dude trees lmao

>What do you think of The Last Jedi's trailer?
It was shit.
>Are you hyped?
No

Stop making these threads.

A FUCKING SHILL

Hyped for what? Feminist propaganda, force trees and Finn Dindu Windu? No. No I'm not hyped at all, honestly

Unironically one of the worst big time trailers I've seen in recent years. Completely failed to arouse any emotion in me whatsoever.

It felt far too melodramatic. This isn't Revenge of the Sith. You don't shift that kind of weight around for these nobodies in terms of lore. And if the force tree/chosen ones rumors are true then it's just gonna feel forced as fuck.

No, TFA disappointed and disillusioned me. This looks even worse. Star Wars feels like a corpse that's getting raped now. I don't even consider these new movies canon.

>Dude, women are the light side and men are the dark side!

>Women good! Men bad!!

that part where the nigger had his eyes closed looked really epic

It showed me a few visually pretty scenes but a movie needs more than that.

I'm more hyped for the next Star Trek movie as long as they keep the writers from the last movie on board.

It was an excellent teaser, it did exactly what it was designed to do.

The music was used and mixed perfect. all the visuals looked great and it finished leaving you wanting more.
The feint clips of OT dialogue of Leia, Obi Wan, Yoda, Palpaltine was a nice touch.

Yeah im hyped

>Thanks for the input Kathleen.

This is the woman who ruined Star Wars.

I can't quite put my finger on why it was so flat. It just didn't resonate at all.

>The feint clips of OT dialogue of Leia, Obi Wan, Yoda, Palpaltine was a nice touch.
>the continuation on nauseating pandering to nostalgia was a nice touch

Fixed that for you.

Holy shit guys NEW SPOILERS RIGHT HERE

yelp.com/biz/skywalker-tree-care-naples

Apparently Luke got some new force moves
>Specialties include all sorts of tree trimming: deadwood removal, structure clearing, crown thinning, artistic view clearing, fruit tree pruning, hazard mitigation, and take downs when necessary. We also offer brush chipping, stump grinding and tree mulching

My mate and I watched it on his phone when we found out it had come out and both had the same reaction: meh, just looks like The Force Awakens and they're using that same score they use for every fucking teaser/trailer. With a Star Wars film a year now it just isn't exciting anymore to only show the imagery.

I don't care for literally anyone in this whole new trilogy but Kylo Ren, I will watch it solely because of his character and Adam Driver's performance.

though I am curious what will Del Toro's character be like

did you think this was funny when you were pressing submit>

Not excited at all. I'll probably pirate it.

Damn, Luke looks rough

The way in which they use the soundtrack for the trailers is so predictable. It felt really self-indulgent to me.

>teasing Luke Skywalker's proper reveal for 3 years

I just don't care anymore.

its fine but im really done with the millenium falcon jerk off scenes

they really wore those out during TFA

Del Toro is the new Lando. It's the same shit over and over.

No, Mr. Marketer.

IMO it's because the trailer relied too heavily on the "Look! That stuff you liked from the last one is back!" appeal. It felt more like a TV show's next episode teaser than a new installment.

This. I hope they fucking crash and destroy that thing in Episode 8 so all the nerds cry and weep to infinity.

Then again if that happens, they would somehow make it bigger, faster and more cool in the next episode so it deosn't even matter.

Since when did yellow light sabers become canon?
Fuck this bitch and her dumb shirt.

where was del toro in the trailer???

Christ no. I'm more excited for Thor just based on goth mommy alone. The new Star Wars looks way too up its own ass, there's no more fun and excitement, just mediocre self-serious trash, and shoehorned because "EMPRAH DID IT"

He isn't in the trailer, but he is in the movie.
You can see him listed in the cast on imdb.

His voice at the end

Intentionally misleading trailer to generate talk and hype. A good portion of those scenes and dialogue won't be in the actual movie.
They did the same thing with the last two movies and they're doing it again

>Diversity includes pure evil
What did Disney mean by this?

God I'm so fed up with that trick of original iconic SW soundtrack playing superslow/faintly in the background/creeping on. At least fucking Lucas hired Williams to do new shit for the PT, and it was amazing, like corn on the cabob

*upvote*

Nice copypasta.

Didn't change the fact that the film was still trash.

>there has yet to be a new Disney Star Wars character who is a white male and on the good side
>every white male character created by Disney has been a bad guy

I love diversity.

It's absolutely THE worst trailer I've seen in my life. It's embarrasingly bad. The editing is horrible, it looks like it was made by a fan who is only learning how to edit videos.
If anyone disagrees please explain how there's anything not extremely terrible about this trailer at all.

I hate this cunt so fucking much you people have no idea, I despise this bitch, she is literally satan

What about Han and Luke?

Han and Luke are just cameos now.

This is probably bait but please explain (by example of a certain cut in the trailer you thought was badly executed) how is the editing bad.
Because you can be sure that they had the best trailer editing team in the industry working just on this like a standalone film.

Nice copypasta

felt the same
i dont think the movie will be bad but the trailer was awful

A
FUCKING
TREE

>new

>Because you can be sure that they had the best trailer editing team in the industry working just on this like a standalone film.
I'm honestly not so sure about that. They had the best writing team for TFA and it was basically a remake.

Anyway, the way it shows Rey's hand slap on that stone and it takes that brief second to play that sound effect instead of doing it instantly (I also think it was a poor choice of sound), also showing her stupid "I'm acting!" stare.
The voices were very cliché and showing Boyega's character in a coma made no sense and broke the pace of the rest of the trailer. I mean it looked too much like they just took a random shot of him and pasted it in the middle to remind everyone that his character still exists.
There's nothing particularly stunning to the sight in the trailer. Especially in the first scene of what looks like a rock. The camera seems to zoom in a weird way on some things like Rey's face.
The timing seems mostly bad, some scenes are too brief and some last too long, I know it's intentional to not show some stuff too much but they should be more consistent.
And the trailer, let's be honest, didn't show anything new except those ships that make a red smoke. It looked like a trailer for TFA. I'm sure the movie must have way more things to show.

I like it. The reason I expect that I would like this movie is because based Hamill will be a big part of it. I hope he doesn't die in this movie and appears in the next one. I have the feeling that he will die though.

Also, in this moment I couldn't care less about Rey. I just don't expect nothing from this character to interest me. Not because is a woman but because his character is so boring and has no sense. If she defeated Kylo without training, now that she is trained by Luke what power level she will have???

You just didn't like what they have shown, you barely even said anything about the editing except "that shot was maybe too long and that was too short".
You said more things about the sound editing than the actual film editing.

Seems to me that you just wanted to see something new and cool so you randomly said "editing is horrible!!!" because that must be it.
You would hate the trailer no matter how it is edited.

Not really. I actually think the film editing was bad and only said one thing about the sound editing. I knew the trailer was not going to show new things and I didn't mind so much, just added that as a by the way thing. I honestly think the editing was bad, especially in the Rey scene and that forced Finn in a coma shot.

>I honestly think the editing was bad, especially in the Rey scene and that forced Finn in a coma shot.

You just said how you didn't like the camera operating in the first Rey scene and the shot selection of Finn in a coma. That's not a comment on editing.

Okay dude, sorry for not liking what you like.

I never said I liked the trailer (or the previous movie), I just don't see where is the editing horrible as you say so I asked for a concrete argument.

The use of music in TFA was fucking shit. Looks like it'll be more of the same again.

Rogue One was the best SW movie imo

Snoke is the chosen one.
His name is an anagram for 1000 Eons.

What is editing then? Cutting random scenes of random lengths and pasting them together, playing a random sound effect some second/s late, having a bad selection of scenes and music and sounds to use that don't go well with what's being shown imo, isn't that bad editing?

>the new characters are shit but the old characters are just there for cheap pandering

Nothing about this really appeals to me anymore.

we wuz naruto

It should have had a visual motif (yes like an exterior shot of the tree) or Rey discussing what happened with FN and Kylo. There's no tension to what we see there and the use of disjointed abstractions doesn't help. It's like a trailer for a movie on ABC.

I wanted it to be weird and really different - like a noticeable shift in visuals from previous movies. It looks like a trailer for TFA.

Hoping they're saving a few shots with red or warm tones. I'm not sure who was using the light meter on Skellig, but the original image here appears too dark.

Which do you prefer Sup Forums, trees or bacteria?

>Twins, one male, one female
>Just like Luke and Leia
>The female "discovers" the Force at a place that becomes known as the "Force Tree"
>The female twin founds the Jedi Order
>The male twin is evil and kills the female.
>Before she dies she makes a prophecy that she will return as The One
>Meanwhile Darth Sidious creates Anakin Skywalker to be a false prophet / golem type creation
>The Jedi are fooled into thinking he's The One
>The Jedi only realize their mistake too late.
>Anakin destroys almost all the Jedi
>Luke tries to redeem his evil father who literally slaughtered children.
>Rey is born and she is the perfect reincarnation of The One. Flawless in every way.
>She finds Luke Skywalker, who now just like his evil father, wants to destroy the Jedi Order

Rey will stop Luke's plans, restore order to the galaxy, and will destroy the dark side. She will also bring about the rise of the new Jedi order as predicted by Supreme Leader Snoke in TFA.

The entire Star Wars saga is about how women are good and men are evil

If the tree unnecessarily divides down gender lines then definitely bacteria.

What's worse: midichlorians or a fucking tree?

Trees are fine but it would be nice if Luke wasn't a treehugging faggot who refuses to touch a lightsaber. Presumably he won't touch a blaster either because that might lead to action scenes.

In what part of the Bible is Adam or Eve depicted as being pure good or evil? Where does it show one character killing the other?

So basically...

>Padme, Leia, Rey = All good

>Anakin, Luke, Kylo = All bad

Notice how the women are all leaders too.

Genesis 4:8

That's Cain and Abel and not Adam and Eve.

It also never says that one is purely good or evil, just that the offering was inadequate. Cain is eventually protected by God

>a fucking tree
>dude female am lmao
>nignogs and gay fighter pilots
>member Luke?
>dude marveldisney formula lmao

>keep the writers from the last movie on board.
NO

I really, really hope this is just shitposting.

is this vaders or kylos mask?

kylos, you can tell by the silver stuff

Yeah

why?

I lost interest after TFA. That movie was so safe that it even undid the character arcs of the OT characters. They reset the characters did away with them completely.

>Leia hasn't learned anything in the way of the force as is tipped at the end of RotJ, she's still the leader of the rebellion - only now it's the "resistance" (??)
>JJ wasn't skilled enough to have Han Solo be anything other than a smuggler, so that's what he is again because of... reasons. All his accomplishments, and all of his character's progression can basically be written off, because it wouldn't make a difference to where he is in TFA
>Luke Skywalker is now a fucking coward that lives on a rock and leaves his best friends to die in a war. The guy that, without training, went to fight Vader in ESB to save them, is now a sulking recluse.

>>JJ wasn't skilled enough to have Han Solo be anything other than a smuggler, so that's what he is again because of... reasons. All his accomplishments, and all of his character's progression can basically be written off, because it wouldn't make a difference to where he is in TFA
Yeah, why wouldn't General Solo lead the Resistance anyway? Han's Generalcy would have made the exposition far more smooth.

And why was Leia not in the New Republic? Is she useless without Alderaan existing and not having any immediate enemies in the form of the empire? 30 years is just too much fucking time to have a time skip.

the force doesn't need to be explained. they never explain the hyperdrive and it doesn't hurt the story at all.

>twins

Does anyone remember the rumor TFA plot was about twins, the female (rumored to be Lupita) was a sith while her brother (Finn?) was training to be a jedi?

>also showing her stupid "I'm acting!" stare.

I can't handle another two movies of that.

Resistance isn't the Rebellion, rebellion ended and dissolved when the New Republic was formed.
Because they basically want to kill her. The NR don't want anymore war and aren't willing to raise a hand against what they deemed to not really be a threat (The First Order) and decided to let them have their part of the galaxy instead of years and years of prolonged conflict and death. Leia was the face of opposition of this and the NR even try to kill her to get her to stop. So she left politics and became part of the resistance that wants to wipe out the First Order

Resistance is hunted by both the New Republic and First Order.

I agree that TFA wasn't done too well. Stuff like Han just being a smuggler again and Leia not becoming a Jedi was stupid.

I think we all know what kind of tree it will be.

>Posting the lies from a year ago

Luke is integral to the Jedi returning balance to the Force.

First comes the day
Then comes the night.
After the darkness
Shines through the light.
The difference, they say,
Is only made right
By the resolving of gray
Through refined Jedi sight.

>Resistance isn't the Rebellion, rebellion ended and dissolved when the New Republic was formed.

The point is it's the same, so JJ could copy and paste as much of ANH as possible.

>Sup Forums hates reddit for being the echo chamber that it is
>everyone here just says it's shit
what did Sup Forums mean by this

>It's shit
>No

Do you want people to lie and say it looks good?

Nah, first movie was bad, I couldnt even make it past the second one. I mean why are these girls like superhuman demi gods.
If you make a protgagonist as OP as they did in rogue one, then theres no suspense. She was literally whiping out entire squadrons of stormtroopers.

I thought it was even more generic looking than TFA, but maybe that's because I know TFA wasn't good.

>It's time to end the Jedi
That was the lamest shit I heard. Am I supposed to feel shocked by that or something? It just sounded retarded.

looks boring. I'll see how i feel when the next trailer comes out.

Space magic.