What are some movies you watched that you thought were genuinely sad

What are some movies you watched that you thought were genuinely sad

My Girl is a tough watch

the bit with kstew in certain women
genuinely cryable

That story was the most memorable thing in the movie by far.

little park boys 4 life, 217 shitters get out

agreed, the second story just didn't really have anything

I actually really liked the second story. Michelle Williams' daughter character is a selfish cunt and her dad is kind of understanding of that, probably because he was abusive to her in the past. It could have used a little more context but it was well-written.

Fun fact: I saw ABSD in the theater. Made it through with only one piss break.

The Man Who Sleeps
The Conversation
Fail-Safe
The Vanishing (Spoorloos)
The Hunt
Submarino
The Elephant Man
Manchester by the Sea
Leviathan

Das boot

What was this guy's problem? Was he autistic?

I enjoyed the senile man and how she had to interact with him. also the dad is the man who was cheating with the lawyer from the first story at the beginning, that's probably why he acts so kind to his daughter

The senile old man was Michelle Williams' father. That's who I was talking about. He seemed to take her absolute cuntiness on the chin, possibly because of senility, possibly because of guilt. And of course I remember James Legros.

Oh huh fair enough I totally didn't catch that the old man was her dad. are you sure

I really thought so. They had a certain familiarity with each other. I'll have to listen to the dialogue again. Also there was the part where he tells James Legros something that implied he was leading the decision to take the stones but James says that she is the leader.

cool hopefully i wasn't just so bad at paying attention i missed something haha. i'm definitely rewatching it soon though

you've watched her other movies? Wendy & Lucy is really great, also sad.

no never seen anything else by her, but I really liked the quiet subtle style, I will watch that thanks! i saw this only cause i'm trying to see everything kstew is in

Kelly Reichardt, her movies have been gradually getting more famous people in them. She's pretty good.

thanks user

Personal Effects
Life is Beautiful
Ladri di Bicicleta
Marley and Me

just finished this
it was pretty decent
Cassel's character made me fell thoroughly depressed and the very brief childhood flashback killed me. it wouldve perfect if dolan could learn to just hold back a bit

Great movie.